Did you Actually get a RTX3080/90? How?

It's not that I give a damn, as you say you've been waiting five months for a card you ordered surely it's up to you what you do with it. I would say though that it would still fit my definition of scalping if you retain your order rather than cancelling it, don't use the card, and sell it on at a profit.

As I say, I'm not judging.
I think this one went over my head. I was certainly joking when I said "you will be happy to know"/

the G1 is giving a black screen in the headset with the 6800XT. I've read that the issue is supposed to be fixed, I have the latest drivers, but seem to still have the issue. I am reinstalling the WMR drivers now, hopefully something ticks over. Any other AMD users have this issue and sort it out?

Pure guessing here as the video is related to the G2 but it might it be worth a shot to toggle the WMR framerate options?

Last edited:
Sounds awfully like judgement to me.

On a brighter note,, the G1 is giving a black screen in the headset with the 6800XT. I've read that the issue is supposed to be fixed, I have the latest drivers, but seem to still have the issue. I am reinstalling the WMR drivers now, hopefully something ticks over. Any other AMD users have this issue and sort it out?
You’re a lucky man. I have the fix for you.
install this firmware to your G1

I had the issue you had literally one month ago so it still hasn’t been fixed for AMD cards.

Hey thanks for that mate. I found this post over the weekend myself and it worked for me too so I was bloody rapped. I guess if it's a firmware update into the headset, is there anything AMD could do to fix it? I find it hard to believe that the headset needs a firmware update for every new card release going forward, so perhaps HP are just mitigating the damage since AMD give zero f*cks about it.

Thank you for updating me regardless. It would have been a godsend had I swapped the 1080Ti backed in and just shelved the 6800XT until further notice.

Hey thanks for that mate. I found this post over the weekend myself and it worked for me too so I was bloody rapped. I guess if it's a firmware update into the headset, is there anything AMD could do to fix it? I find it hard to believe that the headset needs a firmware update for every new card release going forward, so perhaps HP are just mitigating the damage since AMD give zero f*cks about it.

Thank you for updating me regardless. It would have been a godsend had I swapped the 1080Ti backed in and just shelved the 6800XT until further notice.
AFAIK, you only need to flash the headset once.
After that, the AMD issue will be resolved going forward.

From what I understand, the Reverb doesn't need constant headset updates since most of its processing is done Windows side through drivers, so once you flash it and it works, don't flash it with other firmware unless you're trying to fix something that's broken.

This is different from the Rift S or Vive/Index where new firmware constantly needs to update the headset or else "pending issues" aren't resolved.

At this point I'm not going to reward Nvidias terrible roll out by paying twice as much for a product I don't think is worth the money. I was tempted for a while but I've come to my senses.

I don't know. As time goes on I must be loosing mine.

My low HP G2 settings make my eyes bleed. Punishing myself doesn't seem much of a punishment to Nvidia.

Where are all these cards stuck in shipping containers?

Last edited:
My low HP G2 settings make my eyes bleed. Punishing myself doesn't seem much of a punishment to Nvidia.
Because I'm coming from the rift CV it's pretty easy for my experience to look better than it did, even though I'm only just able to run the G2 at low settings and get a steady 90fps. It's still better than the rift.

Where are all these cards stuck in shipping containers?
Some are. We're currently waiting for stock where I work (we're shut down but I'll still have to be there to take in stock), the shipping company is telling me that some people aren't doing their paperwork and it only gets found out when it gets to the border. They said they could have a shipping container where 95% of it is correct but one pallet that hasn't paperwork can mean the whole container has to sit there until that one guy gets the correct paperwork.

It's like the perfect storm of problems, Brexit, Covid back log, more people buying online than ever before, parts of the supply chain shut down, people not available, new untested bureaucracy. It's a mess and there may not be a solution to bring things back to the way they were. This could be the new normal for Europe.

There were multiple notices for Best Buy from StockDrops yesterday.....no stock that I saw, they were just raising their prices.:(

It's rumored that NVIDIA is delaying the 3080ti indefinitely in an effort to increase availablility of existing 3000 series cards.

It's rumored that NVIDIA is delaying the 3080ti indefinitely in an effort to increase availablility of existing 3000 series cards.
They should, it's pretty annoying to be in a cue (which I'm lucky to be in, but I've paid for the card) waiting 4 months for a card, with another 3 months of a wait expected to hear Nvidia singing about another card they won't be able to produce competing with the other cards they can't produce.

Yeah agree, I think Nvidia would be stupid to launch anything thats better than a 3080 at the moment. Talk of next gen AMD and Nvidia which is doing the rounds on YT at the moment is equally irritating.

Along with all the other nonsence going on, the below FT article might explain the bottom line of why in Europe there is sweet nothing in terms of supply. Shipping costs have balooned from China to Europe over 300%. So that probably means the stuff that is getting in is being air freighted in very small quantities, like the random drops of 3090 FEs at Scan. Also we aren't producing enough as a block to fill the crates going back either, so shipping has essentially come to almost a complete standstill, I think this is mainly the EU though.

I've never understood the argument of not talking about or releasing newer products closely after a launch of something else. If the 4000 series or 7000 series for AMD were to release in 12 months, with good increases in performance, how is that a bad thing for anyone? I mean, the card you bought and currently use has not gotten slower, it's still the same product you bought and were happy with when nothing faster was available. The stagnation in hardware is super frustrating. There used to be stuff to talk about very frequently in the PC space and over the past 10 or so years, it's just come to a grinding halt, especially over the past 5. We have had some good releases, like the R9 290X and the Pascal range of GPU's. But remember the 6 and 700 series Nvidia releases that were so far in front, they released mid range cards as the flagship to stem the flow of progress.

I would be very happy to see a new range of cards at the end of the year. Most certainly. I mean if your card has enough VRAM, you should be right for a while, no?

:D

I mean, the card you bought and currently use has not gotten slower,
That's correct but if you want to play newer games, you might be screwed.
Quite some games simply use what's currently available, so your old card isn't good enough anymore although the new games might not even really look better.
And when you turn down the settings so that the new game runs like the old game, the new game might even look worse than the old game due to bad optimization of settings.

Assetto Corsa competizione looked worse for me than the old AC on my 1070. Pop-in, muddy looking textures/geometry, pixel crawling everywhere and not great shadows.
Now with my 3070 it's a different story. ACC simply looks awesome and now the details and features that weren't in the original AC really show.

(Thinking about my ACC example I guess newer games are more demanding because of the features you don't really see or need but which need to be calculated. And once you get the settings high enough with better hardware, you can appreciate stuff like... Piles of leaves flying away more immersively when wind hits them, lol)

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 71 34.5%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 60 29.1%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 39 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 4 1.9%