F1 2011 Double Shifting Problem

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey guys!

I got a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Steering Wheel for Christmas and it worked fine for a while, but now when playing F1 2011 I seem to be double shifting sometimes: whenever I want to shift a gear up it does two shifts instead of just one, which really costs me time. It can run fine for a while, but then just start double shift like crazy or sometimes it doesn't shift at all (so I have to press the shift button multiple times). Anyone know what's causing this/a solution or do I just have to return it.

I had that a month ago - only on upshift, downshift was ok... My Thrustmaster is not a new and i was forced to open it and fix the problem myself. It was about a measure between the shift paddle and a button behind...

Thanks for the replies guys!

Tried the wheel on GRID (Dirt 3 won't start for me >_<) and same problem so I guess I'll try returning it to the store and maybe get a new one (I tried shifting shifting with less force, but in the middle of a race I don't like to have to keep in mind to shift gently). Saw a used Logitech G25 for 135 euro's, but the downside is I won't be able to use it on the xbox. Another wheel I've seen is the Madcatz ffb for around 180 euros (new). A wheel you can use on the xbox, but probably not as good as the G25.

Any suggestions on which to take?

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 14 10.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 49 37.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 79 59.8%