Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to get my kers bars working on my RSS Formula Hybrid style nextion screen layout. Today I did a record of some hotlaps and then replayed it back afterwards to see what the values were, and found the following:

• KersCharge, This seems to be the total remaining in the battery, has a max value of 1, so needs to be multiplied by 100 to give a percentage for a progress bar.
  • KersCurrentKJ - this seems to be the amount of energy used on the current lap as it resets to zero when the car crosses the start/finish line. Also note it maxed out at 4000 (4MJ) which is the max energy use allowed for a modern F1 car, so seems to be correct.
  • Kers Input - I think this is the current percentage of ERS deployment. Again, has a max value of 1, so needs to be multiplied by 100 to give a percentage. 1 is being shown when I have my finger on the kers button, and less than 1 when the hybrid map on the car is determining how much to deploy.
  • HasKers - doesn't appear to work, at least not on this car as stays at zero. I'll have to try on some kunos cars (eg Porsche 919 LMP1). Not essential in my opinion as if the car doesn't have kers then the bars would just be blank (black against black background).
  • KersMaxJ - presumably meant to give the max energy the car can use per lap, but again on this car remained at zero. If this gave a value, then it could then be used with currentKJ to work out the amount remaining for the current lap.

Also have a separate, less complex question about latency. What's the recomended latency for AC (and also RF2, raceroom and automobilista). AC is my main sim, but just got the other 2 in the steam sale so will be trying them soon.

OK. I thought I had using simhub pretty well figured out and I think it's great. I'm stuck on what is probably very basic and I'm sure lots of folks can answer this. When multiple modules (say an LCD and a TM1638 are set up on the nano, upload is OK etc. How do you configure the screens for the multiple modules. ie I want some screens for the LCD and some for the seven segment. How do you designate specific screens to go to a specific module?

So I've mostly figured this out which leads to another question. When you have multiple modules that include several tm1638 seven segments and an LCD, can you set up an input mapping that changes only the LCD screen without affecting the seven segment displays?

So I've mostly figured this out which leads to another question. When you have multiple modules that include several tm1638 seven segments and an LCD, can you set up an input mapping that changes only the LCD screen without affecting the seven segment displays?
For now it is working as a single big display, I have in my to-do list to be able to split them in multiple groups of screens.

In the wait there is still a little hidden trick. If you leave totally empty a module Simhub will display the content of the first ingame screen for this module.

It should look like this :
upload_2017-6-30_20-17-50.png

When displaying the test sceen it's still the first "Mainscreen" module content displayed.

Wotever, it's been my observation that you are all about continuous improvement and I'm sure this next/later feature will work great. I have been able to display all screens just fine but only the first screen of the LCD. For the LCD I'd like to be able to configure multiple screens and via mapping select only the screens on the LCD without changing screens on other displays. I understand that is perhaps a wip, I just hope I explained what I was trying to do well enough.

Wotever, it's been my observation that you are all about continuous improvement and I'm sure this next/later feature will work great. I have been able to display all screens just fine but only the first screen of the LCD. For the LCD I'd like to be able to configure multiple screens and via mapping select only the screens on the LCD without changing screens on other displays. I understand that is perhaps a wip, I just hope I explained what I was trying to do well enough.
Yeah ! You got it, improving step by step :D. It's a long work during since two years now :D but one day it will be perfect :D

I perfectly see what you want, you're not the first to ask for it ;) I can't say when now, but I'm often getting back to existing functions and rework them, so it should happen :D. Currently it's the led editor which is getting a huge lifting :D

Hi Wotever,
I am trying to configure my screen for ETS2. And as ever I need your help.
The problems:
  1. I try to insert the time which is in ETS2. The value is "GameRawData.Time" with a number. For example 68213938. In the game it is 0001.01.02.16:22:00 {--> YYYY.MM.DD.hh.mm:ss (seconds are always "0") } shown as Tuesday 16:22. And this is want I want. I think it is very complicated. If only 02.01.0001.16:22 works it would be fine.
  2. The value "remainingTime " from ETS2 Telemetry Server (in block "job") is missing. Can you please add it?
  3. The value "nextRestStopTime" from ETS2 Telemetry Server (in block "game") is also missing.
Much questions...

Gtreets

Torkelino

Still trying to get my kers bars working on my RSS Formula Hybrid style nextion screen layout. Today I did a record of some hotlaps and then replayed it back afterwards to see what the values were, and found the following:

• KersCharge, This seems to be the total remaining in the battery, has a max value of 1, so needs to be multiplied by 100 to give a percentage for a progress bar.
  • KersCurrentKJ - this seems to be the amount of energy used on the current lap as it resets to zero when the car crosses the start/finish line. Also note it maxed out at 4000 (4MJ) which is the max energy use allowed for a modern F1 car, so seems to be correct.
  • Kers Input - I think this is the current percentage of ERS deployment. Again, has a max value of 1, so needs to be multiplied by 100 to give a percentage. 1 is being shown when I have my finger on the kers button, and less than 1 when the hybrid map on the car is determining how much to deploy.
  • HasKers - doesn't appear to work, at least not on this car as stays at zero. I'll have to try on some kunos cars (eg Porsche 919 LMP1). Not essential in my opinion as if the car doesn't have kers then the bars would just be blank (black against black background).
  • KersMaxJ - presumably meant to give the max energy the car can use per lap, but again on this car remained at zero. If this gave a value, then it could then be used with currentKJ to work out the amount remaining for the current lap.

OK so made a lot of progress last night. I now have 2 fully functioning bars! I had to manually put in the 4000KJ for the formula hybrid and it worked perfectly. I used the following:

[global.battcharge]
val=min(100,max(0,isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Physics.KersCharge]*100,0)))
FORCEREFRESH=1

[global.ersrem]
;4000 = 4MJ for Formula Hybrid
val=min(100,max(0,isnull(((4000-[DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Physics.KersCurrentKJ])/4000)*100,0)))
FORCEREFRESH=1

The only problem is that when you use a different car that has different MJ allowance (e.g. Porsche 919) then is the wrong value. So I either need KersMaxJ to give me the correct value (always shows zero for every car), or I need to create a custom function in the c# expression editor that uses a case statement against a list and returns the appropriate value.

If KersMaxJ is not likely to be fixable, then could you give me an idea how to write a custom function (e.g. the layout - static void? etc), as my c# is a bit rusty?

OK so made a lot of progress last night. I now have 2 fully functioning bars! I had to manually put in the 4000KJ for the formula hybrid and it worked perfectly. I used the following:

[global.battcharge]
val=min(100,max(0,isnull([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Physics.KersCharge]*100,0)))
FORCEREFRESH=1

[global.ersrem]
;4000 = 4MJ for Formula Hybrid
val=min(100,max(0,isnull(((4000-[DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Physics.KersCurrentKJ])/4000)*100,0)))
FORCEREFRESH=1

The only problem is that when you use a different car that has different MJ allowance (e.g. Porsche 919) then is the wrong value. So I either need KersMaxJ to give me the correct value (always shows zero for every car), or I need to create a custom function in the c# expression editor that uses a case statement against a list and returns the appropriate value.

If KersMaxJ is not likely to be fixable, then could you give me an idea how to write a custom function (e.g. the layout - static void? etc), as my c# is a bit rusty?

KErsMaxJ is given by AC ... but I suspect that there are lot of bug in the AC shared memory ... sometimes car name is not given, sometimes track, sometimes maxRPM .. i could to try to do self calibration like I did on rpm.

PS : http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-bias-differential-mgu-h-k.34259/#post-720624
Looks really like it's a AC bug...

Hi, just donated something, and just to say a big THANK YOU. I used to have my own app, but it was so limited...ehehe
One information for a 4x20LCD. I got it working only with a library called NewLiquidCrystal (https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/Home) with the address 0x27.
the changes in your code were:
LiquidCrystal_I2C I2CLCD(0x27, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE);

and in the initialization, replace the init call to:
I2CLCD.begin(20, 4);

And off course removing the other libraries.

Hope it helps others with the same LCD as I.

Hi, just donated something, and just to say a big THANK YOU. I used to have my own app, but it was so limited...ehehe
One information for a 4x20LCD. I got it working only with a library called NewLiquidCrystal (https://bitbucket.org/fmalpartida/new-liquidcrystal/wiki/Home) with the address 0x27.
the changes in your code were:
LiquidCrystal_I2C I2CLCD(0x27, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE);

and in the initialization, replace the init call to:
I2CLCD.begin(20, 4);

And off course removing the other libraries.

Hope it helps others with the same LCD as I.

Thanks for the info ! It's a new variant of LCD i've never seen before ... do you have some info on it (reference brand ...) so I can put it on the documentation ?

Thanks for the info ! It's a new variant of LCD i've never seen before ... do you have some info on it (reference brand ...) so I can put it on the documentation ?
The ref code in the LCD is a LCM2004A1 V1.0
The I2C controller (soldered), has the A0,A1,A2 ""label s"and the bottom right side FC-113. The chip is a PCF8574T.

Wotever updated SimHub, DIY Sim racing Dash with a new update entry:

What's new in 5.2.4 ?

I try to give a focus on cross games compatibility, If you feel that a data is present in multiple games and should have a crossgame data entry, feel free to notify me.
  • New cross games data :
    • Air temp
    • Track temp
    • ABS active
    • ABS Level
    • TC Active
    • TC Level
  • Fixed some other data such as IRacing pitlimiter
  • The properties list is now visible without enabling the developper mode
  • Renamed "advanced" to a more comprehensive "Show...

Read the rest of this update entry...

KErsMaxJ is given by AC ... but I suspect that there are lot of bug in the AC shared memory ... sometimes car name is not given, sometimes track, sometimes maxRPM .. i could to try to do self calibration like I did on rpm.

PS : http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-bias-differential-mgu-h-k.34259/#post-720624
Looks really like it's a AC bug...

At least we know what it is. Doesn't look like Kunos want to fix it as the last update to that thread was about a year ago!

I can stick with a value of 4000 for now as it's mostly F1 cars I drive (probably about 80% of the time compared to the LMP1s). Nobody else seemed to have complained about it so far so wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't need it for the road cars (e.g. McLaren P1) as I would be using my other wheel rim without the screen in it. Probably the only cars where its needed is (from my bit of digging):
2014 or later formula cars (RSS Formula Hybrid, VRC Williams FW31, (Kunos) Ferrari SF15-T): 4MJ
2014 Audi R18: 2MJ
2014 Toyota TS040: 6MJ
2015/2016 Porsche 919: 8MJ

If I understand correctly I could set up a variable in the using nested if statements against the car name (which was working in my limited testing)?

At least we know what it is. Doesn't look like Kunos want to fix it as the last update to that thread was about a year ago!

I can stick with a value of 4000 for now as it's mostly F1 cars I drive (probably about 80% of the time compared to the LMP1s). Nobody else seemed to have complained about it so far so wouldn't worry about it too much. I don't need it for the road cars (e.g. McLaren P1) as I would be using my other wheel rim without the screen in it. Probably the only cars where its needed is (from my bit of digging):
2014 or later formula cars (RSS Formula Hybrid, VRC Williams FW31, (Kunos) Ferrari SF15-T): 4MJ
2014 Audi R18: 2MJ
2014 Toyota TS040: 6MJ
2015/2016 Porsche 919: 8MJ

If I understand correctly I could set up a variable in the using nested if statements against the car name (which was working in my limited testing)?

For now can just insert this into the place of the 4000 (twice) in my previous posts with the ncalc expression and it should work:

if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Car.Model]='ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2016',8000, if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Car.Model]='ks_porsche_919_hybrid_2015', 8000, if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Car.Model]='ks_audi_r18_etron_quattro',2000,if([DataCorePlugin.GameRawData.Car.Model]='ks_toyota_ts040', 6000, 4000))))

Basically: If Porsche 2016 then 8000, if porsche 2015 then 8000, if Audi R18 then 2000, if Toyota TS040 then 6000, else 4000

I'll test this when I get home as am at work at the moment.

hi, is it normal to lag freetrack using with simhub ? if I quit simhub I can use freetrack 120fps, when I start simhub freetrack starts lagging and decreasing fps to 30-50. Do I need to turn any setting off on simhub ?

Gday there Wotever

im using an arduino 2560 mega in conjunction with some w2812b led's, i had got a meter strip of 30 led's and chose to use 9 of them. i wired it acoardingly to the github wiki with the din on d4 of the arduino. my problem is i get nothing ingame, simhub is connecting to the sims(tried ATS and DIRT 4 so far) but the leds are not displaying any data for rpm. i took a peak in the logs for simhub and im getting some mean errors where one error just seems to repeat its self.

not sure what exzactly is causing it to do so tough im thinking the board might be bugerd or something as i also tried the aftermarket tacho aswell but i was getting nothing off the d9 pin for the tach though the leds do light up with the arduino one stays green till simhub is loaded then no leds to be desplayed till simhub is closed and its back to just the one of 9 that is green.

i have a licence and ive also tried running in admin, would you have any idea as to why im getting these errors? any help would be greatly appreciated as im starting to think the 2560 might be fried though i can test on my new uno r3 when it it gets here but that wont be for another 2 to 3 weeks

Thanks Stephen

Attachments

• simhub log.txt
    79.8 KB · Views: 389
hi, is it normal to lag freetrack using with simhub ? if I quit simhub I can use freetrack 120fps, when I start simhub freetrack starts lagging and decreasing fps to 30-50. Do I need to turn any setting off on simhub ?
It depends on a lot of factor, which parts of simhub are you using ? Which games (I guess it's AC ?). Maybe cpu is reaching it's limits ? I've seen some tools such as freeheadmotointracking eating a proper and proud 20% cpu. If you're using only arduino it should not be a problem consumes a very few CPU percents and is tuned like hell ! Dashstudio can be a bit more angry due to the graphics parts.

Could you detail me a little more the situation ?

Gday there Wotever

im using an arduino 2560 mega in conjunction with some w2812b led's, i had got a meter strip of 30 led's and chose to use 9 of them. i wired it acoardingly to the github wiki with the din on d4 of the arduino. my problem is i get nothing ingame, simhub is connecting to the sims(tried ATS and DIRT 4 so far) but the leds are not displaying any data for rpm. i took a peak in the logs for simhub and im getting some mean errors where one error just seems to repeat its self.

not sure what exzactly is causing it to do so tough im thinking the board might be bugerd or something as i also tried the aftermarket tacho aswell but i was getting nothing off the d9 pin for the tach though the leds do light up with the arduino one stays green till simhub is loaded then no leds to be desplayed till simhub is closed and its back to just the one of 9 that is green.

i have a licence and ive also tried running in admin, would you have any idea as to why im getting these errors? any help would be greatly appreciated as im starting to think the 2560 might be fried though i can test on my new uno r3 when it it gets here but that wont be for another 2 to 3 weeks

Thanks Stephen

Hi ! I see indeed some arduino timeouts, I see that it, indeed achieve a connection and lose it a few seconds after. I see in the log file that you're running an older version (in fact I don't see the version :D, I've added it since a few weeks :D) . Maybe try first to upgrade ?

I would double check wiring, maybe arduino is going wrong after data receiving, try to test first the leds only (disable tach in sketch) then the opposite, only tach, it should help to understand what goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 55 39.9%
  • Porsche

Votes: 53 38.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 47 34.1%
  • McLaren

Votes: 34 24.6%
  • Toyota

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Intel

Votes: 16 11.6%