Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely loving this mod as much as I did the rFactor version back in the day. So far my only issue has more to do with Assetto Corsa than the mod. Not being able to do a warm up lap before the race, or do rolling starts is a major pain in the butt. Just did a race at Road America, and had a butt puckering moment when getting to turn 1, and realizing that my tires were cold!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Hi Guys,
first we have to say thank you for this overwelming reaction of our DRM-REVIVAL Mod. You can be sure that we read all comments. The positive as well as the critical ones. We are happy that most of you enjoy our DRM-REVIVAL Mod. Of course some have little problems. We will talk about it in an internal team meeting within the next days. But how we will deal with these problems/issues we cannot say at this moment. How long does it takes? We don`t know. We hope you understand it. But for now the current state of the DRM-REVIVAL Mod is working well in online and single races. Please drive it and leave a constructive feedback!
Appreciate the hard work, but as part of being ready to release a paid mod, you have some responsibility to fix issues quickly.

A post release plan should of been part of your initial release. What you appear to say is that you have no idea if or when you will address things.

The brakes taking forever to warm up means I am unlikely to drive this again until it is addressed but I spent €15 on it. Not great in my opinion.

Hi Guys,
first we have to say thank you for this overwelming reaction of our DRM-REVIVAL Mod. You can be sure that we read all comments. The positive as well as the critical ones. We are happy that most of you enjoy our DRM-REVIVAL Mod. Of course some have little problems. We will talk about it in an internal team meeting within the next days. But how we will deal with these problems/issues we cannot say at this moment. How long does it takes? We don`t know. We hope you understand it. But for now the current state of the DRM-REVIVAL Mod is working well in online and single races. Please drive it and leave a constructive feedback!
Thanks for coming to the forum and giving us feedback. Little problems.. you mean part of the cars looking like a game from 10 years ago? I cannot comment on the handling and it's fun to drive them, but if you ask to pay for them then you are expected to deliver or otherwise manage the expectations. 3 years of development are a long time, so honestly I expected something different. I am not upset at all, I am just sad because this could have been the mod of all mods for AC and instead it feels like something unfinished.

• Deleted member 197115

I agree, you obviously know your "weaker" models in the pack that probably shouldn't been released at all in v1.0
Are you planning to address them?

Brakes taking forever to warm up.....like 3 corners perhaps? Learn how to brake accordingly, it's not that hard.

ppl wining about expensive shouyld stay away from sim racing and develope there own racesim
Many people 'whining" about the cost are more upset at the price based on the quality of the mod. Yes, some just don't care for the price, but that's their prerogative. And please tell me how someone can make their own racing sim if they stay away from sim racing as you have so eloquently insisted? :rolleyes:

Absolutely loving this mod as much as I did the rFactor version back in the day. So far my only issue has more to do with Assetto Corsa than the mod. Not being able to do a warm up lap before the race, or do rolling starts is a major pain in the butt. Just did a race at Road America, and had a butt puckering moment when getting to turn 1, and realizing that my tires were cold!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
I agree with you 100%. Was this a race against the AI or humans? Either way, both should be suffering from the same lack of heat as we are, but I'm wondering if AI doesn't have to worry about brake temperature the way that we do with some cars. The are some different driving capabilities (or physics, if you will) between us and the AI drivers. Regardless...I just wish they address this issue in a future update.

Brakes taking forever to warm up.....like 3 corners perhaps? Learn how to brake accordingly, it's not that hard.
What program are you using to monitor your brake temperatures? I am using SideKick and I get 4 independent temperature readings. The temperature numbers changing color based on being cold (blue), warmed up good (green), over-heating (red). I will occasionally get them green, but they will be blue again by the next turn on a track like Watkins Glen. What track are you driving that has your brakes fully warmed up after 3 corners - and can remain at least close to warmed up for each subsequent turn? Please, share that with us, if you don't mind.

What program are you using to monitor your brake temperatures? I am using SideKick and I get 4 independent temperature readings. The temperature numbers changing color based on being cold (blue), warmed up good (green), over-heating (red). I will occasionally get them green, but they will be blue again by the next turn on a track like Watkins Glen. What track are you driving that has your brakes fully warmed up after 3 corners - and can remain at least close to warmed up for each subsequent turn? Please, share that with us, if you don't mind.

Precisely what I was getting at. Carbon brakes can be tricky on the road to warm up but never encountered old fashioned cast iron being that hard to get up to temperature, be it real or in a game. Plainly it just is not right.

I have no program to monitor my brake temps.
I agree the brakes don’t seem to work properly within the first couple of corners and it did trick me in believing my brake pedals are not connected. :D But then I thought »Yes, maybe they simulate that the brakes need to warm up.« and with knowing that I’m careful now and it works fine until some corners. Don’t really understand where the problem is.

* using Fanatec CSL Elite Pedals, just fyi

I was a bit hesitant of buying the mod after reading all the negative feedback.. But I decided to make up my own opinion and I'm glad I did ! I absolutely love driving these monsters, feels so amazing to try to push them even more. Sure it can be improved but the driving feel is great and that is what is most important to me.

Have a look at my video racing against the AI: http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/assetto-corsa-vr-drm-revival-bikernieki-race-track.30409/

I have no trouble with the brakes there and I’m not an alien, mid level at best. The tracks I have tried until now are Road America, Watkins Glen, Oesterreichring 1979, Nogaro, Laguna Seca. On every track you just have to know that the brakes won’t work 100% for the first couple of laps, once you realize and adjust your driving to that fact it will be fine.

Listen to DRM team, people, leave CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, so it would be helpful, and not some confusing mashup. Remember that there are many cars, and also they have setups, tracks are different, and you have FFB settings which are all over the place :)

I absolutely enjoy all the cars so far.

why repeat 4/5 times per page that the mod is very good and that negative reviews are people who have understood nothing or know nothing or are "haters" ...we are not in North Korea here stop brainwashing ...
we understand you like mod is cool....

Have a look at my video racing against the AI: http://www.racedepartment.com/media/videos/assetto-corsa-vr-drm-revival-bikernieki-race-track.30409/

I have no trouble with the brakes there and I’m not an alien, mid level at best. The tracks I have tried until now are Road America, Watkins Glen, Oesterreichring 1979, Nogaro, Laguna Seca. On every track you just have to know that the brakes won’t work 100% for the first couple of laps, once you realize and adjust your driving to that fact it will be fine.
Is that how they are supposed to work though? If not they need sorting out.

Is that how they are supposed to work though? If not they need sorting out.

I obviously have never driven any of these cars in real life… :D So I don’t know. However my guess is that the guys at the DRM team probably intended this behaviour.

..The brakes taking forever to warm up means I am unlikely to drive this again until it is addressed but I spent €15 on it. Not great in my opinion.
I have to agree with the other guys on the brakes thing. After 2-3 corners they are more or less up to temperature. At race start or exiting the pits remind yourself that the brakes are cold, so for the first corner you have to start braking much earlier and harder. Second corner is already ok-ish and from the third corner on the brakes seem fine to me. So far I have driven Nurburgring GP, Watkins Glen, Nordschleife, Riverside. BTW these cars at Riverside are fun to drive, probably they'd make for some good mp racing.

Last edited:
we should be able to act on the heating of the brake thanks to the adjustment of the scoop as on rf2
I like how they are it does not bother me too much!

Little problems.. you mean part of the cars looking like a game from 10 years ago?

That's because it probably is... Puriano 1h is converted from GTL sadly... A precisely 10 year old mod from GTR2. It's the absolutely, undeniably worst looking car out of this pack. The tires are abysmal.

why repeat 4/5 times per page that the mod is very good and that negative reviews are people who have understood nothing or know nothing or are "haters" ...we are not in North Korea here stop brainwashing ...
we understand you like mod is cool....

And thats your answer to my post where I am adding to DRM teams post where they ask to be more constructive, more precise with your feedback.

I want and I will do so, because I think it is important. I haven't used simpleminded terms like "haters", I also never said that people who complains understand nothing, I even have some complaints myself, I just don't think they are significant.

I have good arguments, and I will use them. You don't have good arguments. You may also keep using them, this is not North Korea.

I've only driven the cars on Magione as per my earlier posts, haven't had time to play again since Friday evening. This is obviously quite a small / busy circuit, so I would imagine once warmed up the brakes stayed warm for me.

One thing I wonder, having not used Sidekick, or any app, to tell me temperatures, is it possible Sidekick doesn't know the correct temperature range for the brakes in the DRM mod, and as such their 'warm' temperature is below the threshold for showing green?

I'm just wondering if perhaps the brakes are up to temperature (and just not very good brakes) and that Sidekick is perhaps giving you the wrong impression?

I'm not seeking to defend the mod or anything, just curious really as I believe the cars are fairly notorious for having a lot of power and not a lot of brakes?

I bought this mod on Saturday. I can see the complaints that some people have, but I am enjoying this one.

It’s definately a step down graphically from an RSS mod, but the physics seem perfectly fine to me. I set up car specific FFB on all cars in the game anyway so it wasn’t a problem doing that for these cars. Also I did find that changing the brake gamma from 2.50 to 1.00 helped me with the brakes on my T500 pedals.

Maybe the price is a little high, but I’m not angry or wishing I never bought it. I have been having loads of fun running races in the Porsche 935 K3 at Silverstone 67 with one of each car from the pack and the Kunos official Porsche 935.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%