Cars DRM Revival [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thats your answer to my post where I am adding to DRM teams post where they ask to be more constructive, more precise with your feedback.

I want and I will do so, because I think it is important. I haven't used simpleminded terms like "haters", I also never said that people who complains understand nothing, I even have some complaints myself, I just don't think they are significant.

I have good arguments, and I will use them. You don't have good arguments. You may also keep using them, this is not North Korea.

And it is not because the arguments are 50 times repeated that they are good or are better than the others...

FACTS CHECKING
3 years of « development »,
Huge hype considerating the previous and old version (justify, I agree !),
One of the most expensive « portage » add-on ever seen in the community... 15 € !!!
Not consensual because there is too much things that are really wrong, can we talk JUST about the fuel consumption !?

Not consensual because there is too much things that are really wrong, can we talk JUST about the fuel consumption !?
On Laguna Seca, the Carma FF uses ~2 Liters per lap, which is ~3.6km, which means it uses ~55-60 l/10km. That is already quite a lot, but I somehow think an 3,0 Liter V8 Turbo with ~700hp in race trim would/should use more? Does anybody have any input on that?

As I wrote previously, the 935 « Moby Dick » uses 6 liters/laps on Silverstone GP with 100% boost versus 2,6 liters with the 935 of the mod so, and... as I can remember because I was a young adult in 1979, all the Porsche 935 (like Kremer or Loos) in that spectacular championship were very close by specifications.
You have to forget the recent values of racing cars, it was really an other world ! ;-)

And it is not because the arguments are 50 times repeated that they are good or are better than the others...

I haven't seen many actually constructive and precise complaints, which could be helpful for the modders to understand what exactly is not making happy some people. Or even better proofs, rather than simple dislikes and often not even mentioning important details - like a car lol

I have tried to be more precise than that, and if I sometimes say two words on the top that in whole picture IMO the mod is very good, then it means that I think that it is very good. I'll repeat that as many times as I want to, as I feel like repeating that. I can't help you if that is somehow grinding your gears.

Regarding turbo, I wasn't thinking so much about that, but I constantly run out of it while just simply having a great time driving them :D Some people should know better how those things can be expected to consume fuel, but in general it is known that turbo systems allows to use fuel more efficiently.

Damn really... :D

But I think it will be better few days later, as people will filter out, and will start giving more precise information and less stormy, so support will actually be able to function.

If a person is about such classic cars then this mod is really for them. I am that type of guy,and this pack ticks all boxes for me so far. Cars are done really well. I wouldn't listen what members of other paymods studio is trying to prove here.

I saw some s**t posts which are IMO totaly untrue and falsely accusing, especially about cars handling and FFB. IMO those things in mod really shines, I have drove more than half of them already, and from slow to rather fast pace. I can say that this mod is real deal, and mediocore simracers will complain, the only way to avoid that is to choose to mod a car that IRL is very very balanced and planted, and then profit from it, I really hope that DRM team won't change cars physics due to those crazy posts of peope who may now be in a state of spring time depression or profits from mods of those known planted cars... Some details may improve, time will show, so far only Manrod Scream FFB_Mult value seems to be overdone IMO, everything else is so good !

very constructive actually ... and it's just 2 post between xx other...
brief...let's move on
what to say in constructive, for me not much in fact,
-review the external and internal 3D of some cars
-listen to the sounds onboard on YT the different sound a different regime are not the same (4,5,6k mn/t the sound is more bassy (dark) it looks more in the low end, for after the 7k scream in the higher pitch!)
-on the big braking & retrogradage the back should be a little more unstable!
-Look at the heated of brakes and fuel conso

DRM mod enjoys an excellent reputation is a nugget for years he must be above others !!

Last edited:
Reactions: mms
As I wrote previously, the 935 « Moby Dick » uses 6 liters/laps on Silverstone GP with 100% boost versus 2,6 liters with the 935 of the mod so, and... as I can remember because I was a young adult in 1979, all the Porsche 935 (like Kremer or Loos) in that spectacular championship were very close by specifications.
You have to forget the recent values of racing cars, it was really an other world ! ;-)
The Moby Dick has a slightly bigger engine (3.3Liters instead of 3.0 Liters in DRM) and weights ~150kg more. Going by the data from AC, the Moby Dick has ~60HP more than the DRM Porsche K3 and ~300HP more than the DRM Porsche K1. You also don't race tham at 100% boost, you race them at 90%, which could make a difference. If you're a german speaker, you can find the specs here: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_935

So, more capacity, more HP and more weight in the Moby Dick. Now, I don't say the mod cars shouldn't use more fuel, I'm just saying the Moby Dick was a special built Le Mans car and I wouldn't necessarily compare that to the regular DRM race cars.

Last edited:
Damn really... :D

But I think it will be better few days later, as people will filter out, and will start giving more precise information and less stormy, so support will actually be able to function.
Well, YOU are not constructive at all when you lie by missing what old sports cars were be, by the way these monsters !

Did you interested into those real cars specifications, mechanicals, physicals, interviews of old drivers, listened the onboard sounds !?

I had been really constructive, I gave 3 facts where there is no doubt about the joke of this « 3 years development », before my last posts.

When you truely Love real racing cars and engineering like some of us, when you follow the evolution of racing cars seriously since your childhood like some of us, when you enjoy virtual driving (hardcore here even if I can really get pleasure with some « arcade » racing games), I can’t write this add-on is well done for... 15€ and and had been "developed" during 3 years.

Last edited:
Well, YOU are not constructive at all when you lie by missing what old sports cars were be, by the way these monsters !

Did you interested into those real cars specifications, mechanicals, physicals, interviews of old drivers, listened the onboard sounds !?

I had been really constructive, I gave 3 facts where there is no doubt about the joke of this « 3 years development », before my last posts.

When you truely Love real racing cars and engineering like some of us, when you follow the evolution of racing cars seriously since your childhood like some of us, when you enjoy virtual driving (hardcore here even if I can really get pleasure with some « arcade » racing games), I can’t write this add-on is well done for... 15€ and a 3 years.

man, all this you wrote is total BS

@Manfredk2 you are right this is getting ridiculous, excuse me for replying to that one. I'll try to ignore bs after this and use support forum as intended.

@Caton XII First of all this is personal attack on me now. Second, what did I lie again, I don't understand the sentence and I would like to know where did I lie please. Third, I am quite interested in classics myself. Fourth, I don't know how deep your knowledge about DRM is, however, the fact that you maybe have watched some videos, and maybe have read some interviews doesn't automatically make you an expert. I much rather would trust people who devoted a decade of their lives getting deep into the subject and realising their knowledge through modding for simulators.

3 years of development is not the same 3 years of development the professional game devs do. It's not 30-40 hrs a week every day. Perhaps it's their free time, dedicated to do the modding instead of playing sims, being with family, outdoors etc. If people choose to have something in return from that - i'm fine with it, it is my choice to pay for their product and using it, or not and not using. A demo version would be welcome though, a standalone car or something.

Brake heating: Back in the day, drivers would drag the brake pedal on their outlap (or formation lap that AC doesn't offer in single player <grrrr>) to get them to heat up... have any of you tried that?

• Deleted member 241736

.... this is why I bought this mod also (maybe it is postetd already) - last sentences in manual:

internal facts
• more than 600.000 of tested kilometres
• 82 GB telemetry data
• 32GB video and sound material
• defects: 4 graphic cards, 3 steering wheels, 3 hard drives , 1 notebook, 1 motherboard, 2 pedals , 2 screens, 3 destroyed headsets
• ca. 60 blocks of cigarettes
• ca. 1600 litres of beer
• 1 divorce
• round about 5.000 hours of development (2007- 2018)(including rf1)
• 4 times to say “stop modding immediately!” but continued again and again :

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the pack, haven't been able to drive it since I won't have my wheel ready for a while. Did watch the cars do an AI race. They look good to me, sound good, I see the poor textures etc mentioned, but nothing that's a deal breaker.

But I have to ask: I was looking at the rear suspension points, and noticed the 935 are very different from the Kunos car. You can see that the rear suspension is even visually nicely modeled underneath, but the suspension.ini attachment points don't correspond.

On the right, the Kunos 935 Moby Dick:
935rear.jpg

Is this a different interpretation of the trailing arm suspension that I just don't understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%