F1 2011 Easily beat team mate in season 1 on legend, now I can't keep up anymore?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am currently in my second season for team lotus after having finished well down the field with just 2 points in season 1 but always finishing way ahead of the other cars, including my team mate. Because I'm playing on legend this is about what I had expected, being stuck in the back of the field. I somehow manged to finish 9th in a wet Istanbul race to grab the only points of that season.

Starting season 2 the car has become a bit better but I somehow lack the pace to keep up with my team mate, whom I out-qualified and outraced nearly every single time in season 1. I even have difficulty getting into Q2. Three races into season 2 and I've already been out-qualified every race and I struggle to keep the other cars I should be able to compete with behind. The only reason I've managed to finish in front of them is the ability to block in a very aggressive way and they seem to lose a lot of time when the leaders start lapping us.

Is it just me or did this happen to other people as well? It is a bit confusing how I can beat him so easily in season 1 and now I'm struggling just to match his pace. I might have to turn down the difficulty to professional just to be competitive again, which I'd rather not.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 40 12.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 35 11.2%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 42 13.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 39 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 109 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 183 58.5%