F1 2011 F1 2011 Videos

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Another update for you guys. No new races BUT.

Updated the thread with videos from Centy's POV from the Germany and Hungary GP's. So, if you ever wondered all the **** Centy gets on his plate during a race. I suggest you start with the Hungarian GP.

So… I’m still recovering from the world of hurt kristiannn’s AI mod put me into. At least I managed, if barely, a point’s finish! Overall ranking hasn’t changed, 6th in WDC, 5th in WCC… The news is though, I’ve eventually signed with Sauber for next season, which promises to be in tier 2! So I’ll have to get a new helmet to fit my upcoming livery, too! (yeah, that’s how seriously I take my job as a virtual driver, oh, oh, oh)

Time to get serious, on to some São Paulo racing!

Free practice bode well for the rest of the weekend, as I got into the top 3 every session. My best one was FP2, with a 1:11.2, giving me 1st position. I celebrated that by blowing up a 3rd engine during FP3, nonetheless securing 2nd pos. I think I’ve learnt my lesson by now: never make more than 2 hotlaps in a row, if you don’t want to become a pedestrian, or, even worse, ride on the back seat of a scooter! :roflmao:

Quali was a breeze in Q1 with a 1:11.4 on Primes, possibly the best performance of my weekend. I also easily qualified for Q3, where I couldn’t make any better than 1:11.3. It was still enough to make 4th on the grid, and meet my team’s objective, for a change.

That said, I was in a quandary concerning race day, since 50% rain chance was forecast. I chose to play chicken, in the end, and loaded up a veeeeery conservative wet setup, knowing that I’d suffer some in dry conditions, but should at least be able to control damage in wet ones. At this point, I’m just praying this won’t be my Spa race scenario all over again!

Race 10 - Nurburgring

Driver rankings after Round 10 can be found on this thread.

FULL RACE
TIMECODE INDEX:// Problems in Practice: 0:21; Starting grid: 1:15; Setup: 1:29; Race start: 2:38; Lap 02: 4:18; Lap 03: 5:51; Lap 04: 7:26; Lap 05: 8:59; Lap 06: 10:33; Lap 07: 12:26; Lap 08: 13:57; Lap 09: 15:32; Lap 10: 17:06; Lap 11: 18:39; Lap 12: 20:14; Race Finish: 21:47; Results: 22:00; Highlights: 22:53

CONDENSED version
TIMECODE INDEX:// Problems in Practice: 0:24; Starting grid: 0:49; Setup: 1:05; Race start: 2:00; Pitstop: 4:03; vs. Massa for the lead: 6:12; Fastest Lap: 7:44; Final Lap: 9:35; Race Finish: 11:08; Results: 11:23; Highlights: 12:20

CONDENSED version w/COMMENTARY
TIMECODE INDEX:// Problems in Practice: 0:24; Starting grid: 0:49; Setup: 1:05; Race start: 2:00; Pitstop: 4:03; vs. Massa for the lead: 6:12; Fastest Lap: 7:44; Final Lap: 9:35; Race Finish: 11:08; Results: 11:23; Highlights: 12:20

graph-10-nurburgring.jpg

Hey Jack, I'm a fellow racer who is trying to learn how to race without the assists and breaking line.

I've just found this thread and will be following with interest mate. One quick question I have is how do you get a reply from the Xbox onto YouTube, do you need additional software/hardware?

Hey Jack, I'm a fellow racer who is trying to learn how to race without the assists and breaking line.

I've just found this thread and will be following with interest mate. One quick question I have is how do you get a reply from the Xbox onto YouTube, do you need additional software/hardware?

Thanks much Steve! If I understand correctly, you're asking how to put commentary over the game video? If so, here's my setup:
  • I run on a Xbox 360
  • I capture using an AVerMedia Game Capture HD, which is a stand alone unit that plugs directly into your console/TV. VERY easy to use. Does not include internal storage. A USB thumbdrive is perfect for storage. The unit has 2 USB ports. I can get 87 minutes of HD cature using an 8GB drive, which to me, is impressive. It runs about $130 US dollars.
  • For editing/commentary I use Camtasia, which is not free unfortunately. However, you can find many free video and audio editing apps out there. Audacity is a very popular free audio app. Avid FreeDV and Wax come to mind for video editing, but I have never used them. But I know they are both free and popular.
  • For my headset/mic, I have a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000, a very good headset for cheap, under $30 US dollars.
Hope this helps!

Feel free to private message me with any questions and thanks for your interest!

I got to set afterburner correctly, i didn't get much chance to do it before the race, had problems with the latest beta saying a dll file was missing so i had to use a released version and set it up. I fogot to change the frame size to full, it was on 1/4 frames for this video.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 30 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.3%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%