Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
As i said you can both use them at the same time.
For my career I use realism mod , safety car mod(edited the realism mod database for sc amounts and so on), mechanical effects and problems mod, realistic damage mod ,and these all combined gave me the best result so far.I just love it.I use 5x damage for both AI and player.In monaco i have to be really careful how i drive:)

As i said you can both use them at the same time.
For my career I use realism mod , safety car mod(edited the realism mod database for sc amounts and so on), mechanical effects and problems mod, realistic damage mod ,and these all combined gave me the best result so far.I just love it.I use 5x damage for both AI and player.In monaco i have to be really careful how i drive:)

and you think this is the best experience?

and you think this is the best experience?
yeah at least in my opinion.Don't try to install debug options as it will make the sc mod unable to use.In my opinion revised car performance is too weak.Even in rfactor (which has realistic handling like rft 2012 mod) the cars have good handling and you can feel the pressure of the car.With the revised mod the times will be far slower and the car will spin out even with the slightest out throttle of corner so it's bad.It's my opinion only but i guess he messed up that revised mod.At least the DRS don't have that much power with that mod.

yeah at least in my opinion.Don't try to install debug options as it will make the sc mod unable to use.In my opinion revised car performance is too weak.Even in rfactor (which has realistic handling like rft 2012 mod) the cars have good handling and you can feel the pressure of the car.With the revised mod the times will be far slower and the car will spin out even with the slightest out throttle of corner so it's bad.It's my opinion only but i guess he messed up that revised mod.At least the DRS don't have that much power with that mod.

you mean Demy?

He made the realism mod yes, but not the revised car performance mod.I was talking about the revised mod.Demy's mod is brilliant.

Yes I agree ;)

By the way, when you install various mods, does it matter in which order you overwrite the database in each mod?

Yes I agree ;)

By the way, when you install various mods, does it matter in which order you overwrite the database in each mod?
Firstly i install realism as it has so many things edit that i don't want to edit all those lines manually xD, so firstly i install realism then what remy suggested in the sc thread those lines.I just modify them in Demy's database and there you go.Oh sorry i forgot to say one mod which makes the game far more enjoyable.Competitive braking mod.I forgot to write it.

In My view I don't think Johnny Messed the things with Performance it was having problems with others but the Main thing is he was equalized the Downforce Levels and Made the settings to high where some players can't cope and it was between 2011 and 2012 handling than 2012 and Improvisation

Ok, sorry for the late feedback... I enjoy this mod so much! Been playing for hours on 50% QR with the 50% instalation folder. Now cars actually overtake! LOL. I did mistake at Interlagos and Grojean actually went for it and did it. Cars actually fight back and go side by side... it`s brilliant.

Only thing I don`t like is that all drivers run like 11/11 wings and I just fly past them on the str8s on the prime tyre (against option) on standart mix (1/1 wings). They seen reasonably fast in the middle sector though. So is there a way to fix that? Maybe someway to set all of them to have a premade set up for every track or somethig... (I gain like 1-1.5 sec a lap only because of my str8 line speed).

P.S. By copying Competitive braking mod ontop of the 50% realism mod I don`t ruin it right?

Petar
The database file contains 'Track Difficulty' settings that affect the ai lap times.
I was stuck owning the ai on intermediate but then i found Pro they were way too fast for me.
Tweaking that setting ive found a good balance now without using the braking mod (but it is compatible)

Marcus
Yes both are compatible but the safety car mod needs a little messing with so it doesn't overwrite stuff from the realism mod.
This thread has all the info on what to do

Petar Nedyalkov said:
can you please walk me through the process of tweaking that option (and needed software) as I`m quite new to modding, but a quick learner aswell.

Would appreciate that a lot also, as well as telling us the right order -and folders needed from each one- for installing those three (SC Fix, Realism, Realistic damage) mods....

• Deleted member 137812

F1 2013 Realism mod will be released on the same time as the F1 2013 Season mod

Petar Nedyalkov
You can use this http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/database-editor.51442/ to edit the database file.
Just open it with that program and double click on the 'track difficulty' setting and the values will appear in the right window for each game difficulty .
Easy (amature)
medium (intermediate)
Hard (Pro)
Expert (Legend)
The column with the 'track' number refers to the track, so just ignore the 'ID' value.....To figure out which track number is for each track you can double click the 'Track' setting on the left side of the database editor and it will list the tracks by name and you can see its 'Track number' (but listed in the ID column of the 'Tracks' page)

ie:
When looking at the 'track difficulty' tab the top line is 'Track' 82.....If you open the 'Track' values you will see 'ID 82' = Spa_Francorchamps.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Only thing I don`t like is that all drivers run like 11/11 wings and I just fly past them on the str8s on the prime tyre (against option) on standart mix (1/1 wings). They seen reasonably fast in the middle sector though. So is there a way to fix that? Maybe someway to set all of them to have a premade set up for every track or somethig... (I gain like 1-1.5 sec a lap only because of my str8 line speed).

This is because the AI uses the default setup given to you at each track...the middle quick car setup with all 6's. So on straights they'll be slower like you're seeing, but on curves (like the middle sector at Brazil) they'll be faster since they have more downforce and stiffer springs.

I've covered all this in the overview for my "True to Life AI" mod

Look at this battle between me and raikonen.
He's really defending it's position. At pic 7 you can see how he tried to move in front of me, I had to lift otherwise we certainly had crashed into each other
It took me a few laps to pass him

GREAT MOD :D

2013040200008.jpg

2013040200009.jpg

2013040200010.jpg

2013040200012.jpg
2013040200013.jpg

2013040200014.jpg
2013040200016.jpg
2013040200017.jpg
2013040200018.jpg

2013040200019.jpg

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 62 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%