Misc F1 2012 Realism mod

• Thread starter Deleted member 137812
  • Start date
Demy, I would like to ask you to maybe try and figure out how to get this mod working for career and also with realistic Tyre wear like it is in 2013 (3-4 pits per race average)
I tried modding the database, decreasing what I think is the amount of laps each tire can do, but then the AI still try to do normal amount of laps on each tire - the result being nearly half if not more of the ai retire because they damage their cars too bad. They should pit at about the same time as I do. I also would like to have KERS for the HRT & Marussia, but how do I do that? Can you mod the files for us perhaps? And lastly... a bit of a stupid question... IF me and someone else plays online (only the two of us using this database) it should work right? I mean their can't possibly be a mismatch if both have exactly the same mods and database or what do you think?

Demy, I would like to ask you to maybe try and figure out how to get this mod working for career and also with realistic Tyre wear like it is in 2013 (3-4 pits per race average)
I tried modding the database, decreasing what I think is the amount of laps each tire can do, but then the AI still try to do normal amount of laps on each tire - the result being nearly half if not more of the ai retire because they damage their cars too bad. They should pit at about the same time as I do. I also would like to have KERS for the HRT & Marussia, but how do I do that? Can you mod the files for us perhaps? And lastly... a bit of a stupid question... IF me and someone else plays online (only the two of us using this database) it should work right? I mean their can't possibly be a mismatch if both have exactly the same mods and database or what do you think?

To give KERS to HRT and Marussia you need to edit the f1teams table in the database and findthe "has_kers" column.
Then you need to edit those teams' CTF files for each track -> \F1 2012\cars\[ma2] or [hr2]\balanced (for the AI to have KERS) and \F1 2012\cars\[ma2][hr2]\track (for Player to have KERS). Look for ID # 204 "kers_capacity" change this to 400000 for all the CTF files, for each track, for each team.

Demy van Zoggel

Hi,

in the True to Life AI Thread you said: "@snthennumbers I want to thank you for letting me know two values ive had completely wrong, the "minimalseperation..." and the other one. My values where 0.25 while they were supposed to be between 5.0-20.0 I think. So thank you for that ;)"

Could you say which values this are, because then I could change these myself in the ai_driver_config.xml

Would be great...

Hey,
I installed the career version, but I want to play 50% races in there and when I´m choosing the hard tyres. I can drive through the whole 29 rounds without a single pit stop and so does the AI...
I don´t want to de-install the mod (it is great) just because of the tyre scaling in 50% career races, is there any 50% version for career or do I have to play 100% races in career for this mod?

Help is appreciated

Hey,
I installed the career version, but I want to play 50% races in there and when I´m choosing the hard tyres. I can drive through the whole 29 rounds without a single pit stop and so does the AI...
I don´t want to de-install the mod (it is great) just because of the tyre scaling in 50% career races, is there any 50% version for career or do I have to play 100% races in career for this mod?

Help is appreciated

Driving a whole race without pitting and using both of the dry tyre compounds isn't possible ;)

When you install career version you have to play career, if you want to drive 50% race in quick race install the 50% mod

I mean, that when I´m driving 50% career races with the mod I can drive a whole race without pitting, when I didn´t have the mod installed, I had to pit at least 1 time

Dont know if this is only with the career version, Hamilton is always having mechanical problems and driving errors and whenever i make a pass, the pass is easy and just requires later braking the AI goes wide and runs off the track even though i leave them heaps of room

Great Mod im loving it just some things seem off, 2nd safety car in 3 races

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%