F1 2018 Modding Questions Thread

as if all other textures is dynamic and/or animated

maybe wrong texture resolution and/or wrong texture type or compression?
-Ouykk3OaVw.jpg

Thankyou very much, this was the issue and I was being an idiot.

When I mentioned it being static, I meant the texarray, not the texture itself. So I cant add to the list/array of textures if it's at full capacity and it's full already. That's what I was trying to say.

But it's all good now, all I can't figure out how to do is customise driver suit. Gloves (kinda) customised, cap customised, driver pictures customised, custom helmet pictures customised.

Thankyou very much, this was the issue and I was being an idiot.

When I mentioned it being static, I meant the texarray, not the texture itself. So I cant add to the list/array of textures if it's at full capacity and it's full already. That's what I was trying to say.

But it's all good now, all I can't figure out how to do is customise driver suit. Gloves (kinda) customised, cap customised, driver pictures customised, custom helmet pictures customised.
I don't think you can easily customize driver suit, best you could do is probably to just write your name and number on the texture itself, but do it to spots that go under where the logos texture itself is mapped, then just add a background to the logos texture.

So for example on Ferrari you'd add your name and flag to the livery_d texture, and the number as well (carefully place them to the matching positions to those of your teammates) then add some red to the logos texture behind the number and the name (and flag) so it covers the livery_d texture and your name and number but in the career suit where those areas are not used your just get the livery_d texture visible.

You maybe could just use the xml files and swap around the driver specific lines on them to make it map even in career to the textures for the driver you replace but I haven't tried so I can't guarantee.

I don't think you can easily customize driver suit, best you could do is probably to just write your name and number on the texture itself, but do it to spots that go under where the logos texture itself is mapped, then just add a background to the logos texture.

So for example on Ferrari you'd add your name and flag to the livery_d texture, and the number as well (carefully place them to the matching positions to those of your teammates) then add some red to the logos texture behind the number and the name (and flag) so it covers the livery_d texture and your name and number but in the career suit where those areas are not used your just get the livery_d texture visible.

You maybe could just use the xml files and swap around the driver specific lines on them to make it map even in career to the textures for the driver you replace but I haven't tried so I can't guarantee.

Honestly it sounds a bit much for such a small gain. I've got the driver number on gloves and I've got a helmet and myself in the driver pictures so I'm happy with that I suppose.

Thankyou for the idea anyhow, maybe someone else can use that info.

Hi guys,sorry if it has been asked already but I can't find it anywhere,
Is it possible to change the drivers abbreviation names shown on the track map on the pit monitor?thanks

Can the width of the tyres be modified? I mean graphically speking, i've made the physics changes but they are still too wide. Can that be changed? Like a 2016 tyre on a 2018 car?

Can the width of the tyres be modified? I mean graphically speking, i've made the physics changes but they are still too wide. Can that be changed? Like a 2016 tyre on a 2018 car?
if it's a classic car tyre you can change it, but not really otherwise. You could probably try to import tyres from the 2016 game but I doubt it would succeed

if it's a classic car tyre you can change it, but not really otherwise. You could probably try to import tyres from the 2016 game but I doubt it would succeed
What about using a classic tyre on a modern car? Could that be done? Anyways, some time ago I posted a photo of a f2004 chassis used on a modern car, how can I swap the current Pirelli with a classic car Tyre?

Hey! Sorry if this is a question that's been asked a million times, but I can't find an answer for it. What software do you use to edit your career mode helmet's textures?

Whad files do I need to change in order to make that?
Go to
asset_groups\f1_2018_vehicle_package\shared\tyres\tyres.erp
Open it and go to all resources
Scroll down to tyre.model and export it, do the same for tyre.render

Go to
asset_groups\f1_02_classic_vehicle_package\shared\tyres\tyres.erp
Do the same but for 02_tyre

Go to where you extracted them to and copy the 2 classic files to the 2018 folder, delete the 2 2018 files and rename the classic files you pasted to the same as the 2018 versions

Then go back to
Scroll down to tyre.model and import it, do the same for tyre.render

Then save

I might have got a couple of the names wrong but they’re similar

Go to
Scroll down to tyre.model and export it, do the same for tyre.render

Go to
asset_groups\f1_02_classic_vehicle_package\shared\tyres\tyres.erp
Do the same but for 02_tyre

Go to where you extracted them to and copy the 2 classic files to the 2018 folder, delete the 2 2018 files and rename the classic files you pasted to the same as the 2018 versions

Then go back to
Scroll down to tyre.model and import it, do the same for tyre.render

Then save

I might have got a couple of the names wrong but they’re similar
Thanks man, thanks a lot

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 56 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 38 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%