F1 2020 Modding Questions Thread

you can't just do the exact same thing you did with the on the left side? you just gonna put that axion energy logo on the same white spot, just like you did there, but upside down. That means lining up the whole thing again and etc.

Yeah that's what I've seen any other modders do, but I'm using 2020's FOM 3d car design it's not working. Check how the right hood is not the same as the left hood.
1595637244229.png

Anyone have any idea, why this

(image)

comes out like this

(image)

Is it because of the _s file?

The turquoise color and the gradiant don't really look right.

Thanks for any help!
We would need to see what the texture files you're using look like when you import, and then need to know how you're importing and saving them.

So I import the texture with Ego Archiver and it changes color, to be specific, everything that should be red turns to blue, its like the channels switch once I import it, anyone knows what im doing wrong?

Edit: Found the problem, my export compression was wrong, fixed it

Last edited:
yeah, but in the car will look the same, even though they might not be alligned on the template.

Then there's something I'm doing wrong. Because I can't allign the Powered by Mercedes-Benz too. What do you recommend me to do? I'm using CC 2019 and I have those purple lines that help you to allign certain things but on a 3d model I think it's not the same.

Then there's something I'm doing wrong. Because I can't allign the Powered by Mercedes-Benz too. What do you recommend me to do? I'm using CC 2019 and I have those purple lines that help you to allign certain things but on a 3d model I think it's not the same.

There is a 3D model to download somewhere (I believe its from the author of the topic) that has the 3d model on photoshop, so you can check instantly if the parts are lineup or not.

This is what it looks like, and it's super handy because I can check how the car looks right away:

There is a 3D model to download somewhere (I believe its from the author of the topic) that has the 3d model on photoshop, so you can check instantly if the parts are lineup or not.

This is what it looks like, and it's super handy because I can check how the car looks right away:

I'm using that thing to check it too.

1595641977002.png

I just made a new one so I can show you better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem right. It just won't fit. Have I opened it wrong? Is it reading it the wrong way?

I'm using that thing to check it too.

View attachment 392047

I just made a new one so I can show you better. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't seem right. It just won't fit. Have I opened it wrong? Is it reading it the wrong way?
You re doing everything right, thats just how it is, the template is assymetric, codemasters fault if you need someone to blame. Basically you have to line it up manually, by yourself, to look the same on both sides. Its not possible to just mirror side to side, you need to go decal by decal, I mean, you can mirror it but you still have to adjust one side regardless. Hope I helped, it would be way easier if it was symmetric but thats not the case so there you go :)

I've exported photoshop files as dds using BC3 / DX5, and I've exported tif files to dds doing the same thing. Here are what the dds files look like.

For the diffuse map (you labelled 'Livery.dds'), these are the settings I used to save it.
diffuse_settings.png

For the specular map (you've labelled 'Texture.dds'), make sure you're replacing a _s file and not a _m file. The _m mask file will probably produce the effects you showed. But for saving this one, I used these settings:
specular_settings.png

Using those settings, and replacing the right file, this is what it looks like in-game, replacing the Racenet livery. There is some banding on the gradient, but that was there in the DDS files you uploaded.
20200725005329_1.jpg

For the diffuse map (you labelled 'Livery.dds'), these are the settings I used to save it.
View attachment 392068

For the specular map (you've labelled 'Texture.dds'), make sure you're replacing a _s file and not a _m file. The _m mask file will probably produce the effects you showed. But for saving this one, I used these settings:
View attachment 392066

Using those settings, and replacing the right file, this is what it looks like in-game, replacing the Racenet livery. There is some banding on the gradient, but that was there in the DDS files you uploaded.
View attachment 392067
That's amazing help. Thank you so much!

Hey,

big question. Is there any chance to play custom created liveries with friends? Whenthey install it somewhere or something? Maybe hosting over Hamachi a LAN game?

this would be really cool for our championship.

greets

Hi,
just a small one for livery makers:
Where can I find the texture for the T-Cam? First Driver is black, second yellow. I don't like the switch from some 1st and 2nd drivers mid season since they don't do it in real life too.

Sorry if this has already been answered; im new to F1 on PC, as I have recently switched over from console. (Yay!). Is there potential for any sound/engine mods for F12020 on PC similar to what AC modders offer? Its such a pity that a standalone F1 game does not have accurate engine sounds. Ive seen some YT videos of mods from AC and it sounds absolutely superb.

Hey, my photoshop tells my I don't have enough RAM when I'm working with a f1 3d model. It pops-up after a few mins and then I can't work anymore. I have 4gb vram and 8gb ram so I think it should work tho. I have no problems with helmet design btw.
Any advice? thx

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%