F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

Hi everyone just a quick message about project 2021 I deleted it due to me being at uni full time and I’m not at home to work and update the mod so I deleted it, I may reupload it again in the future with more things added and updated but right now I can’t do that and also I have slightly lost the desire to mod right now in f1. I hope everyone understands thank you
Any chance you can re-upload it. I really enjoyed playing with your mod. Nothing like getting past a Ferrari looking at that green mission winnow sponsor on the side you know. I fully understand your position on not having time and passion to work on it anymore. I mean, it’s already done might as well leave it up you know. Just make it clear there won’t be any updates. Who knows maybe some one else will pick it up. Anyway I just want you to know that your work was greatly appreciated and will be missed. Thank you for your hard work and best of luck at university.

Any chance you can re-upload it. I really enjoyed playing with your mod. Nothing like getting past a Ferrari looking at that green mission winnow sponsor on the side you know. I fully understand your position on not having time and passion to work on it anymore. I mean, it’s already done might as well leave it up you know. Just make it clear there won’t be any updates. Who knows maybe some one else will pick it up. Anyway I just want you to know that your work was greatly appreciated and will be missed. Thank you for your hard work and best of luck at university.
like I said I may re-upload the mod or give a link out to some people if they really really want it but that means me redoing the mod basically by replacing every old texture with the new one that i have made then updating it with the latest patch then gotta make sure everything is working with no crashing or severe fps drops etc, so if I do have time when I'm home I may work and it and have the desire once again like I have when I first uploaded it back in July I think it was. If anyone is sad about this news I'm sorry that I deleted it but if I left it on there yes everyone can download it but I'm obviously not gonna be able to update it so yeah. ill leave my team to work on a few things and maybe you never know I might re-upload it again with everything updated or make something new after Christmas i really don't know
thank you

Finlay wade on behalf of wade designs team

Last edited:
Hey there, hope everyone is fantastic today.
Little bit of background because it'll help understand the question - I run a league and I want to be able to use actual teams (so that we can make sure the pit garages are correct) but we also want to use custom liveries in the replays/highlights because some of the teams will have preferred liveries.
So, my question is, how would I identify which livery is which in the ERP browser. I'm trying to find the nightshade livery to begin with but honestly don't even know what to look for.
And on another note, how would I then import the livery onto the Photoshop 3D model to edit and preview it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey there, hope everyone is fantastic today.
Little bit of background because it'll help understand the question - I run a league and I want to be able to use actual teams (so that we can make sure the pit garages are correct) but we also want to use custom liveries in the replays/highlights because some of the teams will have preferred liveries.
So, my question is, how would I identify which livery is which in the ERP browser. I'm trying to find the nightshade livery to begin with but honestly don't even know what to look for.
And on another note, how would I then import the livery onto the Photoshop 3D model to edit and preview it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Finding liveries in the ERP browser, that are not associated with a driver or team, is trial and error.

Nightshade is "common_08" in the ERP browser. It has no diffuse map so you will only have the mask channel. i.e. '_m' file, and the '_s' file to work with. You will have to recreate the livery using those files as a guide in Photoshop.

Assuming you have the JBuron Photoshop file, just copy and paste the livery onto the top of the jb72_paint layer.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I have a question about when saving a file in Photoshop. It's about the teamname_decal_da.tif file. What are the proper settings in the Intel Texture Works panel? Currently I do Color + Alpha and BC3 8bpp (sRGB, DX10+) but in the game the livery ends up being all white. I also make an Alpha layer where all the decals are in white and BG is black.

1634236194601.png

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I have a question about when saving a file in Photoshop. It's about the teamname_decal_da.tif file. What are the proper settings in the Intel Texture Works panel? Currently I do Color + Alpha and BC3 8bpp (sRGB, DX10+) but in the game the livery ends up being all white. I also make an Alpha layer where all the decals are in white and BG is black.

You have to create a alpha layer into your texture ( black one ) and keep all the sponsoring in white in this alpha layer

• Deleted member 1031992

How to modify tire wear in a team.erp? I changed the UpgradeWearFactor value but I feel like nothing has changed when it is necessary to define the strategy at the beginning of the race

Anyone tried to change the speed of your own MyTeam cars? Didn't find anything useful to increase the speed of the team so my teammate would be faster (because he is a backmarker).

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%