F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

I changed it too those settings and nothing changed except for the fact that when I import the dds into EEA it now looks like the cursed version instead of what I made in photoshop

Edit: Aside from saving problems, could it be that I have steam cloud saving on? Maybe I have the wrong 3d model and it's messing it up in game?
The fact that with the correct settings your livery is messed up on import into EEA seems significant IMHO. It means the origin of your issue is the conversion of your Photoshop file to a .dds game file. Your other settings just masked the problem until you get into the game.

I doubt very much you have the wrong 3D model, either way the issue you are seeing is not UV map related. Are you using the latest version of EEA? i.e. 8.0.1?

If you're ok with sending me your .PSD livery file, I can try it out on my end, and confirm it's just something with your process. You could also try verifying your game files and then re import the livery with a fresh install.

Cheers

The fact that with the correct settings your livery is messed up on import into EEA seems significant IMHO. It means the origin of your issue is the conversion of your Photoshop file to a .dds game file. Your other settings just masked the problem until you get into the game.

I doubt very much you have the wrong 3D model, either way the issue you are seeing is not UV map related. Are you using the latest version of EEA? i.e. 8.0.1?

If you're ok with sending me your .PSD livery file, I can try it out on my end, and confirm it's just something with your process. You could also try verifying your game files and then re import the livery with a fresh install.

Cheers
here's a download link for my livery psd file, I'll try the verifying in the meantime
Edit: I could also try reinstalling the intel texture works dds plugin

Last edited:
currently using 23.2.2
3D in Photoshop after version 20.x is no longer supported. So lots of issues. I had no issues exporting with Photoshop 2019, but Photoshop 23.2.2 kept giving me corrupted .dds files like the ones you were seeing.

I removed all the smart objects, invisible layers, transparency, etc and flattened the file, and I was able to get a working .dds export.

Photoshop 2019 exports fine as it, no issues, and additionally warns you that the .psb file has incompatible file formats that cannot be translated when you switch to the paint layer. No such warnings from 23.2.2... just bad exports. :( NEWayz... you should be ok if you just remember to rasterize and flatten your layers with no transparency before you export. ;)

Cheers

1649551357002.png

1649551920503.png

3D in Photoshop after version 20.x is no longer supported. So lots of issues. I had no issues exporting with Photoshop 2019, but Photoshop 23.2.2 kept giving me corrupted .dds files like the ones you were seeing.

I removed all the smart objects, invisible layers, transparency, etc and flattened the file, and I was able to get a working .dds export.

Photoshop 2019 exports fine as it, no issues, and additionally warns you that the .psb file has incompatible file formats that cannot be translated when you switch to the paint layer. No such warnings from 23.2.2... just bad exports. :( NEWayz... you should be ok if you just remember to rasterize and flatten your layers with no transparency before you export. ;)

Cheers

View attachment 557038
View attachment 557044
Thank you so much man, you probably saved me days of research and pain

Hey guys, quick question. Is there a chance to make all driver numbers available from the start? I won the title in F12020 and want to move to 2021 as "Champion". Hence, I want my car to feature the 1.

Either there is a mod I have just not found yet or it I must do it myself somehow. Sadly, I don't know how. Could someone explain it to me how I make the 1 available? If it's possible, would this be applicable to F1 2016 onwards?

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys, I am looking to find the proper colour to use in a .s file in order to turn my drivers helmet from white to silver. I have found that the blue filter I use for the cars doesn't cut it.
Any advice please?

It worked thanks, I just have to get the shade of pink just right. Nice helmet, exactly the silver finish I am looking for. It is for a classic helmet I am making, Mario Andretti, when he drove for Lotus in '78
Awesome! :thumbsup: And Thanks. :cool:

Sends us some some pictures when you're done.

Cheers

Nobody got any idea considering the number question I mentioned above? :-(
I've never looked into modding the game to make different numbers available for different drivers, so I have no idea how you would do that. But you can mod the numbers file. AFAIK some numbers are reserved. So if you give yourself a number that is already on an F1 car, there will be 2 cars with the same number... unless you mod the F1 car's number to your number. :thumbsdown:

You can mod the game to give yourself whatever number and font that you want. I actually blank the game number because I've moved it to another area of the chassis.

`[drive_letter]:\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car.erp`

`fom_car_driver_#`

How to mod f1 livery? I mean ferrari/mercedes/mclaren or other livery, NOT my team livery. There are so many guides how to edit my team, but no guides how to edit real f1 team. Idk how to do with mipmaps in photoshop, I must all images painted or what?

How to mod f1 livery? I mean ferrari/mercedes/mclaren or other livery, NOT my team livery. There are so many guides how to edit my team, but no guides how to edit real f1 team. Idk how to do with mipmaps in photoshop, I must all images painted or what?
Here's my take on this subject.

It's tons more pain, and IMHO, very little gain. :O_o:

Unlike the FOM car it's extremely hard to mod the F1 liveries without a 3D reference. Anywhere from 25% - 50% of the chassis' are inaccessible for modding of any kind, and you have to learn how to modify, reconfigure and export alpha channels for a decal file. There are also hard coded surface finish restrictions so you will have to become familiar with optional configurations such as `modular mods` if you want to have the same options for finishes as you have modding the FOM chassis. It also helps greatly if you fully understand UV sets and the layout of 3D models with multiple UVsets and a decal layer. Each F1 car's UV layout is unique, so something that may work on one chassis, will not work on another chassis and vice versa. There is a lot of painting within the lines, and compromising design ideologies so personally I only mod F1 cars when someone is paying me to do so.... but I digress. ;)

If after all that you are still interesting pursuing this endevour, I suggest you join a modding discord server where you will find answers to the myriad of questions and issues you will most likely encounter along your journey. ;)

P.S. Don't use a version of Photoshop newer than 2019 aka 20.0.x, and, IMHO, this process is made incredibly easier if you use a 3D application for texturing such as Mudbox or Blender.

Cheers :)

I've never looked into modding the game to make different numbers available for different drivers, so I have no idea how you would do that. But you can mod the numbers file. AFAIK some numbers are reserved. So if you give yourself a number that is already on an F1 car, there will be 2 cars with the same number... unless you mod the F1 car's number to your number. :thumbsdown:

You can mod the game to give yourself whatever number and font that you want. I actually blank the game number because I've moved it to another area of the chassis.

`[drive_letter]:\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\fom_car.erp`

`fom_car_driver_#`
So basically, this allows me to start the game with any number I want, as long as it's not already taken? Number 1 was not used until 2022, so I guess I'm going to be ok with changing my own number to 1 in any of the recent games (2016-2021). Before 2016, you weren't able to pick your own number, 2015 didn't even have a career mode.

I'm all new to this, so excuse me if this is easy stuff for you. What kind of program do I need to open erp files? And once I got it opened, how will I know which number/driver to change? Let's say I team up with Hamilton and drive Bottas' Mercedes. Bottas will "disappear" from the game and I get to pick the number. I need to pick one that wasn't used, so let's say I pick number 2. Will it say my own name and "2" next it and all I got to do is change "2" to "1"? Then it'll be in the game as such?

I'm going to adapt this method to 2016 onwards and I'm relieved that there's a rather simple way to do it. All I need is some small explanation here and there. Thanks in advance mate!

So basically, this allows me to start the game with any number I want, as long as it's not already taken? Number 1 was not used until 2022, so I guess I'm going to be ok with changing my own number to 1 in any of the recent games (2016-2021). Before 2016, you weren't able to pick your own number, 2015 didn't even have a career mode.

I'm all new to this, so excuse me if this is easy stuff for you. What kind of program do I need to open erp files? And once I got it opened, how will I know which number/driver to change? Let's say I team up with Hamilton and drive Bottas' Mercedes. Bottas will "disappear" from the game and I get to pick the number. I need to pick one that wasn't used, so let's say I pick number 2. Will it say my own name and "2" next it and all I got to do is change "2" to "1"? Then it'll be in the game as such?

I'm going to adapt this method to 2016 onwards and I'm relieved that there's a rather simple way to do it. All I need is some small explanation here and there. Thanks in advance mate!
Well ok;

- ERP archiver to open ERP
- Numbers doesnt work like this. 1 to 99 is 99 standalone texture to any car. So every number exist already for real team and myteam.
- You cant put your name, unless to put it directly to your myteam car, but will be on both car

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 514 68.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 317 42.3%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 337 45.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 167 22.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 201 26.8%
Back