F1 2021 Modding Questions Thread

• Deleted member 408599

Hi. Is there any guide or tutorial, to know in which format to save DDS files? For example this one: "lotus_wheel_d.tif.dds".

Hey guys! Im relatively new to modding and im facing an issue. Im watching tutorials to try and edit race suits and use them in MyTeam, but when I open the game, the suits I edit are completely white. Im guessing it is because of the .assetgroup files. All the tutorials show only .erp files so I imagine the former where introduced in a recent update or something to prevent modding (??. Anyway, I hope I was clear enough. Thanks in advance!

would anyone know what youd need to change to edit how hot the tires get? the myteam car is undriveable by season 3 cause of the tires overheating

Hey guys! Im relatively new to modding and im facing an issue. Im watching tutorials to try and edit race suits and use them in MyTeam, but when I open the game, the suits I edit are completely white. Im guessing it is because of the .assetgroup files. All the tutorials show only .erp files so I imagine the former where introduced in a recent update or something to prevent modding (??. Anyway, I hope I was clear enough. Thanks in advance!
Which driver's race suit are you replacing?

Hi! Is there a way to put driver suit normal file into modular mods? It uses the my standard. I wish to switch to an Alpinestars template. There is not a slot for n file in the modular mods folder

What settings do y'all use to export sponsor textures? I'm trying to edit a Mercedes chassis texture. I added an alpha layer and exported with Color + Alpha texture type and BC7 linear DX11+ compression, but the texture still came out wrong. What do I need to change? (Sorry for the quality)
4d38f909-16a6-4605-956b-8752c97ad9c3.jpg

I made a very simple livery for my 2021 My Team Carrer mode and when I saved it it looked ok, when I put it into the game using ego erp archiver it looked ok, but when I choose it in game, it is very blurred and glitched. Anybody possibly experienced this before and know how to fix it? I have already confirmed that the files are in the fom_car ERP file and all of the engine supplier ERP files. Photo is attached. Thanks!

Edit: I added a second picture to show what it should look like from about the same angle

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    217.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
These images are very low quality and as a result I can't create a clean alpha from your decal file and show you how it should really look. Either the `alpha` you are using is just a grayscale version of your `decal` file, which is not correct. You also have the remanence of some of the Mercedes decals in your decal file which are not in the alpha channel at all.

The alpha channel should normally be black and white only! Unless you are trying to recreate some sort of advanced fade on the livery. ( although I'm not even sure if that works in reality, since I've never tried it. ) So the alpha channel should look more along the lines of the image below.

1649518411070.png

Cheers

I made a very simple livery for my 2021 My Team Carrer mode and when I saved it it looked ok, when I put it into the game using ego erp archiver it looked ok, but when I choose it in game, it is very blurred and glitched. Anybody possibly experienced this before and know how to fix it? I have already confirmed that the files are in the fom_car ERP file and all of the engine supplier ERP files. Photo is attached. Thanks!

Edit: I added a second picture to show what it should look like from about the same angle
I am guessing this is most likely either a `mip maps` or a file format issue.

1. Did you set the game directory correctly in EEA before you exported the livery files?
2. What export settings are you using to create the `.dds` livery file? BC#?, Linear or sRGB? DX11+?
3. Have you replaced the livery in the `fom.erp` and all engine manufacturer `.erp` files?

I am guessing this is most likely either a `mip maps` or a file format issue.

1. Did you set the game directory correctly in EEA before you exported the livery files?
2. What export settings are you using to create the `.dds` livery file? BC#?, Linear or sRGB? DX11+?
3. Have you replaced the livery in the `fom.erp` and all engine manufacturer `.erp` files?
1. Game Directory in EEA: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021
2. Export settings are as follows: Texture Type: Color + Alpha. Compression: BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+). Mip Maps: Auto Generate
3. Yes, I have done this multiple times already for all engine suppliers and the fom.erp

1. Game Directory in EEA: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021
2. Export settings are as follows: Texture Type: Color + Alpha. Compression: BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+). Mip Maps: Auto Generate
3. Yes, I have done this multiple times already for all engine suppliers and the fom.erp
Your export settings should be:

Type: `Color`
Compressoin: `BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+)`
Mip Maps: `Auto Generate`

Your export settings should be:

Type: `Color`
Compressoin: `BC7 8bpp Fine (sRGB, DX11+)`
Mip Maps: `Auto Generate`
I changed it too those settings and nothing changed except for the fact that when I import the dds into EEA it now looks like the cursed version instead of what I made in photoshop

Edit: Aside from saving problems, could it be that I have steam cloud saving on? Maybe I have the wrong 3d model and it's messing it up in game?

Last edited:
Two mod questions that I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post for download here;

1. Modifying the white Red Bull that was put on the MyTeam car. The changes I made to it were to make it blue for it to be usable either in MyTeam or as a FOMSwap car with Modular Mods. See attachment. The numbers on the car are part of something I know I can post without issue.

2. Audio name swaps -- by using the speech_patch folder to replace certain audio names with other ones that are already in the game files, but are unused or only heard in the Breaking Point gamemode.

Example: I replaced the "Crofty" audio name with Devon Butler's, so that Croft and Davidson read Devon Butler's name (or just Butler). The files I'm swapping in are already in the F1 2021 game files, and they're not part of the Deluxe Edition (which bizarrely doesn't give them to you, even though it very easily could have). I have this working right now on my machine.

I figured that second one might be of interest for anyone wanting to replace the audio calls for Mazepin's name with Kevin Magnussen's ... because Kevin Magnussen's audio name files are still in the F1 2021 game files, but went (mostly) unused.

Attachments

• F1_2021_photo_20220409_140527.jpg
    F1_2021_photo_20220409_140527.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 240 33.9%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 195 27.6%
  • WEC app/website