F1 2022 skinpack for the F-Ultimate Gen 2

Skins F1 2022 skinpack for the F-Ultimate Gen 2 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
please
every update so far had textures file size 8 MB
and now the latest have skins which are 67 MB each !?? :confused:
while they are still exactly same in dimensions (4096x4096p). what happened ?
and, please
updating every day or two is (a little bit) exhausting
sorry :redface:
The author obviously saved the files with alpha layers which are not needed in AMS2. If you have a program like Photoshop, you can simple open the files there and save them als DXT1 without alpha.

soldier93 updated F1 2022 skinpack for the F-Ultimate Gen 2 with a new update entry:

Sorry guys!

First of all i want to thank all of you who downloaded/supported the project.
In the past weeks I didn't post any update, cuz i had no time to make this skins. Now i managed to get some free time, that means i can post an update in the Baku GP weekend.

After this update i will be away from simracing for a while, cuz unfortunately my Thrustmaster T150 died after 5 years :'(
Im saving money for a T300 and if all goes well i can buy it in middle of summer B)

Have a good day! ;)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you for your hard work. I Hope you'll get your gear back together soon!

Started out on a T300RS, great wheelbase. Should be a nice treat coming from a T150 after a painful forced 'summer break'.

no
i don't

but I see "update" :-S

When updating a mod you can choose to update the file or not.

So one could also just post on progress, add some info outside the actual file, give notice on a mod updated that is hosted externally or a dependency that does. So it doesn't always have to be a file update.

As you can see in the History and update post, the version number has not changed. Usually a big indicator :) Hence soldier93's comment.

It has been a bit stale with skin releases lately though. I'm a bit at fault there too, been too distracted from helping out someone else or working on finishing my own. Also the seasons/weather plays a part, being less 'stuck' inside.
So I understand you're aching for some new goodies, good thing Reiza at least dropped an update for us.

Last edited:
Thanks for your great work on this livery set!

If it's not too much hassle, could you possibly provide them without the alpha channel so that the livery file sizes are a bit smaller? In the last update they were around 65MB each, and saving without alpha channel brings that down to around 10MB each.

Thanks again!
I said that myself some days earlier

please
every update so far had textures file size 8 MB
and now the latest have skins which are 67 MB each !?? :confused:
while they are still exactly same in dimensions (4096x4096p). what happened ?
and, please
updating every day or two is (a little bit) exhausting
sorry :redface:

And didn't get any answer. but to do it myself, for myself
if you have ANY graphic editing program you can do it too.
if you don't have any - downolad Paint.net - it's FREE !
and you can do with them whatever you want...
you can make them 256x256 pixels in size if you want :D

Great skins but....I'm sorry but I need a bit more clarification on how to install and use the extra skins? Can they all not just appear in the skins selection screen? Can you clarify if I need to do something to choose or substitute the extra skins for the standard one in your original array? I don't understand your instructions on how to use the "extra cars" folder. Thanks in advance....

mate, a tiny mistake - car extra11.dds (Bottas extra car ) should be named extra1.dds
otherwise it don't appear in menu. or on the track :geek:

glad I could help.
thank you for this great mod once again ! :)

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%