Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Happy to get on the scoring sheet after some abysmal races.

In quali I had a decent first lap but then managed to invalidate all the others. The target was P11 because of the tyre choice, so starting P13 wasn't far off.

In the race I had solid pace, finishing at the front of "best of the rest". Lost quite a bit of time in the first stint with a couple of other guys being stuck behind bcolt on worn softs.

Had a few nice battles, both overtaking and defending. Had a very scary moment on lap 25 when Bankai_Bullet overtook me into the first corner, squeezed me a bit too tight and made contact. The rear snapped away, but luckily I've been racing Group B rally cars in Dirt 2.0 all week so I just about collected it with full-lock counter-steer and a feather on the brakes, but dropped a few places.

Happy to get on the scoring sheet after some abysmal races.

In quali I had a decent first lap but then managed to invalidate all the others. The target was P11 because of the tyre choice, so starting P13 wasn't far off.

In the race I had solid pace, finishing at the front of "best of the rest". Lost quite a bit of time in the first stint with a couple of other guys being stuck behind bcolt on worn softs.

Had a few nice battles, both overtaking and defending. Had a very scary moment on lap 25 when Bankai_Bullet overtook me into the first corner, squeezed me a bit too tight and made contact. The rear snapped away, but luckily I've been racing Group B rally cars in Dirt 2.0 all week so I just about collected it with full-lock counter-steer and a feather on the brakes, but dropped a few places.

224.gif

Q: 2nd, R:1st

Another abysmal qualifying lap in the circumstances but happy to have taken a front row start behind Alex, who I knew was lacking some race pace.

Race was very straight forward, overtaking some of the cars was the main task at hand which I did very well without losing any time.

From lap 29 or so, I decided to reduce the pace and ensure I didn't go above 80%. If I had to push, I am sure I would have been over the puncture threshold which wouldn't have been ideal so but thankfully the gap to Ben & Ollie was substantial enough to do so.

All in all, happy to be back on top, Felt I had race winning pace in the first three and it would have been a top 4 in Zandvoort minimum without my spin so all in all it's a very positive start to the season.

Congrats to Clarky and Ben on their podiums as well.

Highlights:

image.png

Race Time: 8:00pm UK Time (BST)

Race Stream:
Host: Hasnain Aslam | Hasnain282
Backup Host: TBC

S12 Pole: Paris Burrell (1:07.924)

S12 Podium:
Paris Burrell
2. Dawid Wisniewski
3. Jamie Ducie

S12 Fastest Lap: Cameron Anderson (1:09.742)

Most Poles: Connor Mcdonagh, Alex Gerasimenko (2)
Most Wins: Alex Gerasimenko, Dawid Wisniewski, Will Murdoch, Michael Fleming, Connor Mcdonagh (1)
Most Fastest Laps: Sjors van de Brug (2)

Drivers Standings (Top 3):
Connor Mcdonagh (Renault) - 73
2. Ben Goldie (Haas) - 72
3. Michael Fleming (Haas) - 62

Constructors Standings (Top 3):
Haas - 134
2. Renault - 132
3. Ferrari - 47

Pre Race Questions:
1. How do you rate your performance in the previous race?
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round?
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how?
4. We are 5 races into the season now, who do you see as your main rival(s) this season?
5. What other sports other than racing do you follow?

Notified Absences:
- Ollie Davies (Racing Point) - Harry will reserve

Reserves:
- Harry Green

Last edited:
7/10. Struggled to close in on other cars with the dirty air but maximised the result with my pace, maybe p5 on cards was max.
2. How do you think you'll go in this upcoming round? Can't be much worse than Spain given my pace here last season was good enough for P2.
3. If you could change 1 section of this track what would you change and how? Install a brick wall at the kerbs in the chicane so everyone can stop inappropriately abusing them.
4. We are 5 races into the season now, who do you see as your main rival(s) this season? Michael because we both don't really care about ending position, just here for the bants so will be fun to see who's less washed up between us two.
5. What other sports other than racing do you follow? Boxing, Football, Ski Jumping. Good thing I have those (especially Boxing, featherweight/lightweight all hotting up atm, Warrington unification incoming lads) as F1's dying out for me slowly lol

Last edited:
Q: 6th
Invalidated a 14.3 at the penultimate corner which is a shame but also classic me.

R: 5th
Got absolutely blitzed off the line by @Brandon Blais and fell to 9th at the start. Captialised on Brandon and Jarod's battle to get back into P7 on lap 4 and enjoyed free air for the rest of the first stint where any gap I closed to the group ahead each lap was lost on the DRS straights.

Will broke his front wing on pitlane entry which meant I briefly jumped him but it was clear he had more pace so I planned to tag onto his DRS until the end of the race. This plan was ruined by Alex's ERS issue causing him to drive an actual Ferrari SF1000 and creating a gap to Will that I couldn't claw back.

Lots of people behind pitted under VSC which took most of the pressure off and I just had to keep it between the lines to beat Dawid to P5.

Really strong result at a poor track for me. At times my pace felt really solid but it fluctuated a lot. Race might have been better if I'd kept Brandon behind at the start but in reality 5th was as much as I could have asked for.

Congrats to Connor on your long overdue win and to Josh & Ben on your podiums.

@Luke Cage I thought you were finally going to get points :cry:

7/10 - Was never going to be brilliant and I made a fair few mistakes. Result was good though so need to give myself at least some credit.

Been strong at this circuit on the last 3 games but never actually had a decent result - a distant 2nd in a full wet Season 9 race the highlight. But this is the scene of my first ever win in S8 which was the most blessed result in history so anything can happen.

Not much I can think of to be honest. Just need the rain probability reducing on the game.

4. We are 5 races into the season now, who do you see as your main rival(s) this season?
Probably Dawid. We both see ourselves as clear No.2's to our teammates so our expectations are nice and low. He's a qualy merchant and I'm typically stronger in race-trim so it's good fun. We've both managed to win a race this season as well so yeah spirits are good and we had a really great fight at China.

Football & Tennis mainly. Actually mad now I think about it how little sport I watch that doesn't include wheels and an engine. Always been a big fan of women's beach volleyball tho.

Pre Race Questions:

7.5/10. Feels like the sort of result that's a grinded out 1-0 win needed to have a championship campaign.

Pace usually very good at Canada, but likely I'll get 90% of my track limit penalties for the season here. Kinda dreading it because it could go one of a few ways.

The white lines next to the wall. Let us use the whole ****ing road when it's a street track, I don't get why they exist.

I think realistically I'd say myself, connor and michael have a shot at the title. I don't think shellay expects it of himself but is clearly still well rounded. Likely the next few races will start to see some gaps emerge from the initial lead pack, so keeping the momentum and consistency will be key ahead of a hopeful big run in at the end of the season.

I think it's fair to label connor the favourite, me the dark horse, and shellay the outsider.

5. What other sports other than racing do you follow

Pretty much just football now. Usually some interest in the olympics when it comes around, but nowadays rarely much else. Used to swim competitively, even did Octopush.

9/10 - Race perfect, qualifying was poor.
In contention but not as strong as Austria.
No changes, but brake marker boards in the air for the final chicane perhaps.
Ben, but can't rule out Shellay, Dawid, Alex, Clarky. Ben and I have had a bad race each so it's all open. Things change very fast.
Football.

9/10. I pretty much maximized what I could do in a dry race around Spain.

I'm expecting Canada to be one of my strongest tracks of the season. I have no idea why but I seem to have real pace in TT around here. The question is whether I can put up a lap together in quali and stay off the incident reports in the race.

Distance markers hanging on the walls. Gravel trap in the last chicane before the hairpin, make the kerb a touch smaller and allow to use it fully. Same with most other kerbs really. Allow using them but give real punishment for going over the limit.

I'm expecting pretty wild fluctuations in my performance based on the tracks we're racing. Don't really see any specific rivalries at the moment.

Nowadays not that much, but ice-hockey and football are probably what I follow most and sometimes play myself.

10 Prior to the VSC, would of had atleast P7 and DOTD !

I enjoy Canada, just aim to keep clean and penalty free. Also qualify in the top 10!

Wouldn't change anything.

Jarod or Janbo.

Football, ALAW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • Porsche

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • BMW

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Toyota

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Intel

Votes: 5 14.3%