Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Early because of one question.

You've shown glimpses of your speed in qualifying loads of times but have never consistently stayed at the front, can you explain why?

Mainly because of poor strategy, forcing the issue too early in races and not getting my elbows out often enough

Can you fully justify why you have wrote off your championship chances so early in the season?

Bahrain and Spain are my most useless track and I have a bad track record in the races prior to Korea.

If an orange is orange, why isn't a lime called a green or a lemon called a yellow?

It's in the scientific name of the two fruits, other than that no idea.

How many windows do you have in your house/apartment?

I live in a house with 35 windows

What kinda music do you listen to?

Songs from musicals

What do you think you can do to help yourself in races?

Maybe reducing my days racing online and focus on the race ahead

Why do drivers such as yourself like to brag about how good they are before a race when they cant back it up?

Contrary to that, I actually don't like to brag myself up unnecessarily, it may seem like bragging to you but it is not my intention to brag, it just comes out like that. It's also to do with my self belief as when I use to race, you had to believe in yourself that in order to achieve the result you are capable of.

It's frustrating when you don't get the results that you are capable of which is why I do have a bad tendency to post what is on my mind without thinking.

I have a list as long as my arm of all my faults with my personality including one thing which I am not prepared to say here unless you really want me to.

I have other things to worry about than bragging myself up for each race.

Considering the fact that i practiced only 30 minutes yestarday on this track and never played it before, my race was much better than expected, mainly i wanted to not join it, but because it was last race for Kirennian, i did.

Basicly i learned the track while racing today (up untill half of the race i raced watching the Mini Map), didnt knew how fast the tyres go off, so i just followed what the tyres were doing and pitted when was needed.

QF: P8, didnt expect it any better anyway

Race: Better than what i have expected, i wasnt motivated to finish it from the start, but seeing im not doing so bad, i continued and had some really nice fights and the Finish was epic!!!

Early because of one question.

You've shown glimpses of your speed in qualifying loads of times but have never consistently stayed at the front, can you explain why?

Mainly because of poor strategy, forcing the issue too early in races and not getting my elbows out often enough

Can you fully justify why you have wrote off your championship chances so early in the season?

Bahrain and Spain are my most useless track and I have a bad track record in the races prior to Korea.

If an orange is orange, why isn't a lime called a green or a lemon called a yellow?

It's in the scientific name of the two fruits, other than that no idea.

How many windows do you have in your house/apartment?

I live in a house with 35 windows

What kinda music do you listen to?

Songs from musicals

What do you think you can do to help yourself in races?

Maybe reducing my days racing online and focus on the race ahead

Why do drivers such as yourself like to brag about how good they are before a race when they cant back it up?

Contrary to that, I actually don't like to brag myself up unnecessarily, it may seem like bragging to you but it is not my intention to brag, it just comes out like that. It's also to do with my self belief as when I use to race, you had to believe in yourself that in order to achieve the result you are capable of.

It's frustrating when you don't get the results that you are capable of which is why I do have a bad tendency to post what is on my mind without thinking.

I have a list as long as my arm of all my faults with my personality including one thing which I am not prepared to say here unless you really want me to.

I have other things to worry about than bragging myself up for each race.

The problem with you, and it's a trait I see in Jamie and a few others at times, is when something goes wrong, and it's usually a minor thing it affects you so stupidly intensely that you can't get back to where you were for about 2 months.

When something goes wrong it goes wrong, it's happened, it's happened in the past. Let go of it and look to what you can do next.

Thanks for destroying my race raimith....
Likely the Most unfair move i ve ever had.
Kicking me out and not waiting After i löst my Front wing.
We ll see us on track....

I am very sorry for that Manuel! i have some issues with my pedals sometimes and i couldnt brake. I avoid the mercedes in front and i thought i avoided you to cuz it didnt felt like i touched someone. I hope u understand i had ( ofc) no intention to hit u lol..

The problem with you, and it's a trait I see in Jamie and a few others at times, is when something goes wrong, and it's usually a minor thing it affects you so stupidly intensely that you can't get back to where you were for about 2 months.

When something goes wrong it goes wrong, it's happened, it's happened in the past. Let go of it and look to what you can do next.

That trait is no longer part of me anymore. Im happy with where I am mentally.

Just thought I wanted to share my thoughts on this 'brag up' topic, as I am 100% sure that you (@Jamie-Lee Mayers) and others might have a problem with my attitude as well. Let me just confirm that sharing my qual times has nothing to do with the 'brag up' thing.

You and all the other guys have done it as well, and I do particularly remember Australia where you said you could do 21.8 but ended with a bad time - And that is EXACTLY what happens for me at all the races, but it doesn't change my personal best at the specific track.

I do then end up with times much slower than what I said my PB was, but this just reflects how bad I am when things actually goes live here at RD, but shouldn't I then be hated for being a snail in the races instead of bragging myself up, as all I do is just to post my times when people ask what a good lap time is.

Hi all,

yet another love you thread :)

It was my pleasure to be part of the WNPC community for such a long time. But it's time to slow down for a while, as there are new challenges ahead of me. My second baby is due to born in next couple of days and even fathers can't really help much first couple of months, it's important to be handy.

I'm glad I had a chance to compete in of the best leagues. Season one and two were amazing. Ended up 2nd overall twice, when fighting for the championship until last race. The league got me - practising during weekend mornings, racing on Wednesday evening and checking the racedepartment forum for your comments and league news all the time. We have raced against each other, but on the other hand, everyone was ready to help and support. On top, the league kept the fair and friendly spirit most of the time. I almost forgot the taste of the victory and during the last season became member "best of the rest" group. But it was a strong drive and motivation to improve all the time.

Eddy - many thanks for making the league happen
Mark, Sam, Henri, Fuyjin - you were my motivation, even I can't match your speed. From the historical reasons, especially Sam was the bechmark for me. I will try to remember all the great races we had together.
Henry - the champion of WNPC 2, great wheel to wheel racing many many times, I always knew you will keep it fair
Gordini - the mate from Sweden, first one to chat with after the race and share the experience
Sasha (XanderSxx) - we did push our selfs high in the season one and the teammate I would keep all the time
Toshi - you have to continue, I won't forgot "Toshi what the ****..." + the best race comments author
and of course Dimos, Hristo, Shaki, Emil, Cav and all others - without you, there won't by the WNPC league.

I'm looking forward for next week grand finalle, it's going to be emotional :)

Michal

Yea, I was practicing last night and was able to beat my previous best here (F399) by one second in the F92 A. But then the upper 90's A.I. l kept beating me when I tried to race them. I wondered if they were just programmed to be faster because they are higher up in year? As usual, I discovered various nuances about the track that previously were not really obvious. It's such a simple layout, yet so complicated in many ways. It feels so fast and similar to a massively long straight on the back section, but it's not really a drag strip anywhere like the modern tracks. You have those similar yet very different massively wide turns to break it up. I just can't take them flat out with full fuel. Another thing is that the track chews up my front tires (due mostly to the second to last two turns) like Nurburg chewed up my rears.

Just thought I wanted to share my thoughts on this 'brag up' topic, as I am 100% sure that you (@Jamie-Lee Mayers) and others might have a problem with my attitude as well. Let me just confirm that sharing my qual times has nothing to do with the 'brag up' thing.

You and all the other guys have done it as well, and I do particularly remember Australia where you said you could do 21.8 but ended with a bad time - And that is EXACTLY what happens for me at all the races, but it doesn't change my personal best at the specific track.

I do then end up with times much slower than what I said my PB was, but this just reflects how bad I am when things actually goes live here at RD, but shouldn't I then be hated for being a snail in the races instead of bragging myself up, as all I do is just to post my times when people ask what a good lap time is.

That wasn't bragging, I was very reserved in that post, I even said "but we'll see". There's a vast difference between that and "Y'all gonna kiss my ass, I can do this in GP mode, only noobs say tt doesn't matter cause their times are awful" lol. Some people need to just think about how the things they post comes across to others.

That wasn't bragging, I was very reserved in that post, I even said "but we'll see". There's a vast difference between that and "Y'all gonna kiss my ass, I can do this in GP mode, only noobs say tt doesn't matter cause their times are awful" lol. Some people need to just think about how the things they post comes across to others.
Oh well, just thought some motivation was healthy for the general competition forward for the race. Wont do it again in this league then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 61 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 15 2.3%