Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Q - 2nd
R - 1st
Got a good start and followed Andy closely through the first stint. Pitted on lap 4. Andy pitted on lap 5 and we pretty much back to were we was. Andy was battleing to take the lead and I closed up, got through at the fast cicain. Was pretty much on Andys gear box and Dan had closed on mine. He was on options and over took me. That basically put a stop to my battle with Andy, he pulled away and as Dan started to struggle we battled and lost even more time. Pitted for primes on lap 13. Dan was 10 seconds up the road with Andy just ahead. I closed on them both pretty quick. On lap 17 going towards the fats left right, I was trying to pass Dan on the left, wasn't a massive space but make than enough for my car, Dans car span out and lost his wing (all discussed between us). I was then 7 seconds behind Andy and he extended that to 9.5, I was pushing to hard to catch him. Pitted on lap 22 for options. Andy so on the next lap and I started to close in on him. Between 1-2tenths a sector and got the gap down to 3 seconds (I did make up 3 or so seconds on my out lap due to fresh tyres). Was in two minds to pit for inter's, but second to last corner on lap 26 the car turned into a boat so I pitted. Andy pitted next lap then I hunted him down and I the last sector I was all over him. Andy kept his cool and won by a car length.

Quite a good race. Congratulations to Andy on the win and maximum points for Team Williams

Oh well, just thought some motivation was healthy for the general competition forward for the race. Wont do it again in this league then ;)

The problem isn't you actually bragging, everyone does some bragging occasionally and rightly so, you make a good point about healthy competition.

The point is though you've only just won your first race after a season and 2 races with constantly claiming to be really fast over 1 lap, where as for example me and Mikey can come from row 4 or 5 slot, be a second slower in qualifying and then be faster and win the race. Obviously this week you finally got it right in the race and got your first win, so congratulations, but just look at the bigger picture.

The problem isn't you actually bragging, everyone does some bragging occasionally and rightly so, you make a good point about healthy competition.

The point is though you've only just won your first race after a season and 2 races with constantly claiming to be really fast over 1 lap, where as for example me and Mikey can come from row 4 or 5 slot, be a second slower in qualifying and then be faster and win the race. Obviously this week you finally got it right in the race and got your first win, so congratulations, but just look at the bigger picture.
But thats exactly what makes league racing beautiful, right? That some guys have fast 1 lap pace but just suck in the race, while others just have massive race pace. I have never said that my race pace was superior to anyone's at all. Again I must say: I dont see it as a reason for hating me, just because my race pace is bad, cause thats basically what my problem is.

But thats exactly what makes league racing beautiful, right? That some guys have fast 1 lap pace but just suck in the race, while others just have massive race pace. I have never said that my race pace was superior to anyone's at all. Again I must say: I dont see it as a reason for hating me, just because my race pace is bad, cause thats basically what my problem is.

Don't think anyone hates you, we're not those type of people who hold grudges over little things lol.

Martijn - Probably
Alistair - Probably the "pad-friendly" tracks like India and Abu Dhabi. Hopefully i can challenge for a podium in Spain but i'm not too sure on that at the moment.
Josh - Yes i'll be good at Bahrain, will you quit again? ;);)
Mikey - I'm not sure to be honest
Jamie - I don't know

Appeal verdict:

The elite panel have decided to remove the qualifying ban given up Jamie-Lee maters for the following reason.

Both cars were on an outlap so the lead car (Jamie) has no obligation to yield to a car behind. Whilst the car behind (mattias) did initiate the contact he was penalised by the game for doing so and as a result there will be no further action taken against both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%