F1: First Lap of Vietnamese Grand Prix Hanoi Circuit

All of the tracks Tilke design lack close racing and all have to consist of tight sections followed by a 300km straight, and this is another example. Also doesn't help that it is another street circuit that isn't even fully on the streets. Will probably turn out to be another Sochi or Valencia in my opinion, hope I am wrong ;).

Valencia, another Tilke-designed bore fest I had forgotten about...

Gamepad user driving there? :D
The last sector with the fast esses looks quite interesting but the first part is too sterile.

giphy.gif

True dat. Insane track.

Valencia, another Tilke-designed bore fest I had forgotten about...

I agree but sometimes he does a good job. Turkey was one of his better creations.

What annoys me is when he (or his company) mess existing tracks up. Mexico comes to mind for example. It had a lovely flow to it and then they mess that sequence of corners up in the middle of the lap.

Funny. Seeing all these comments about Tilke making unsafe tracks when just a year or two ago everyone was all over them disparaging Tilke Syndrome tracks with huge run-offs and boring racing.

Another unwanted street race in a far flung corner of the globe. Still, I suppose somebody got richer. Who handles the brown envelopes now that Ecclestone isn’t around ?

It looks very interesting and nice circuit, I don't get why people don't like it. Lots of places for overtakes and many difficult parts. I am a bit concerned about safety like Niki Gauda said, but they most likely will add runoff areas. Baku has them in almost every corner now.
But i'm not concerned about safety, i really like streetcourses with walls
instead of all the other "tilked" tarmac deserts. A mistake can have a real
consequence but the cars are nowadays really safe so there is no need to
make tracks too safe. But i would always prefer real old school natural
road courses like they still exist in north-America, parts of south-America
as well as in Down Under or in UK. Many would say they are incompatible
with modern F1, and there's something true about that but i would love to
see F1 racing in Road America, Brands Hatch or Phillipe Island for sure.

I agree but sometimes he does a good job. Turkey was one of his better creations.

What annoys me is when he (or his company) mess existing tracks up. Mexico comes to mind for example. It had a lovely flow to it and then they mess that sequence of corners up in the middle of the lap.

I guess if you design a lot of tracks, you're bound to get it right eventually... ;)

Seriously, I agree with you on both points. I like COTA and Istanbul is a good track.

The problem when he modifies existing tracks is that he usually add some very slow corners, thinking that it helps overtaking, but it never actually does. Examples: Barcelona, Fuji, Nurburgring, etc.

Another video game track ------ well done F1 ........... now I feel sick :confused:

Anything for money you have to be kidding me ............ THERE ARE PROPER PURPOSE BUILT RACE TRACKS out there USE THEM

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 14.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • Saturday

Votes: 45 53.6%