AC FAT-ALFIE's Championship with Audi TT and Mazda MX5

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If there's a spot going I'd love to jump in!
Hi Bhutch88,

I'd love to add you but first you have to enter your real name on RaceDepartment. It's in the rules.
Click on your account in the upper left, go to account details where you will find a field called: Real Name.
And have you also already subscribed to the RD community on S.GP? I need your real name there in order to add you.

I haven't seen you in our events before so I assume that you're new. In that case make sure you read the first post very carefully and also the links in it. We are a community where clean and respectful racing is of the most importance and that's why we have those rules and tools.

Please reply here when you have done these things and I will add you as a participant.

I joined the race department simracing gp and have updated my real name.

Also I've raced in a few of the le mans series events and read the rules and driving standard and totally agree, I'm not very fast but just enjoy racing and definitely enjoy clean racing.
Hi Billy,

Great! You're very welcome! I'll add you immediately.

And to get a bit of experience you can join the multiclass event on Wednesday. And also for fun and to meet some of our group it would be nice if you can join the mystery event on Tuesday. You can find both with the button on the left with Other AC Events.

See you on track!

I forgot to ask you with witch car you want to race. If you don't mind, I'll give you the Audi because that class has the fewest participants.

Last edited:
Audi is perfect! i best get practising! See you on track!
I'm sorry Billy. I gave your the MX5 and I can't change it anymore. I tried to remove you but it seems when the Championship is running, that I can only disqualify participants, not remove them. So I'm afraid you're stuck with the Mazda.

It's al good! Just happy to be part of it and have a bit of fun!
Thanks. These championships are new to us, you know. So I'm still learning the do's and the don'ts.

And I forgot to mention that if you want to participate in the Mystery Fun event, you can only register on S.GP 10 minutes before the start. But since I'd like to know how many participants there will be, I'm asking everyone to post their intent to participate here:

It's al good! Just happy to be part of it and have a bit of fun!
Hi Billy,

I saw you left the GT3 race. I hope it wasn't because you were disappointed in your preformance seeing the other lap times.
Because there's no need for that. We all had when we started here that but we help eachother to become faster so it's important to participate. We have lot's of tips for you.

The Wednesday events are with easier and slower cars and are great for learning and having fun.

Hi Billy,

I saw you left the GT3 race. I hope it wasn't because you were disappointed in your preformance seeing the other lap times.
Because there's no need for that. We all had when we started here that but we help eachother to become faster so it's important to participate. We have lot's of tips for you.

The Wednesday events are with easier and slower cars and are great for learning and having fun.
I couldnt get the Audi to stay on track/ was having issues with my FOV.
Just got a new monitor and not quite used to it.
Had it set up perfectly for LMP but in the audi it was giving me a tiny FOV and for some reason the CSP app wouldn't let me reset it.

Got it resolved there by uninstalling the CSP 1.76 and going back to 1.75 but took a while to get it fixed.

I'll hopefully be there this Wednesday if I'm not at work :)

Last edited:
Those mx5s are tricky to drive lol putting it into the wall doesn't help either.
Took me all practise to get AC working as it kept CSP kept crashing. Managed to get it working eventually.

In terms of set up do youse guys use a h pattern/or sequential. I was using the the paddle shifters last night but found something was off

Those mx5s are tricky to drive lol putting it into the wall doesn't help either.
Took me all practise to get AC working as it kept CSP kept crashing. Managed to get it working eventually.

In terms of set up do youse guys use a h pattern/or sequential. I was using the the paddle shifters last night but found something was off
Hi Billy,

You find the MX5 tricky to drive? What cars to you normally race? I find the MX5 beautiful balanced and very forgiven. I think it's a great car to learn to get quicker with a little drifting.
I normally use H-shifter (and I believe the really fast guys do that too) but I tried paddles a couple of times and for me it didn't have a significant effect on my laptimes. It more the reality aspect that makes me use the shifter.

I should have explained myself better. It's easy to drive but found it tough to drive fast. Eventually near the end of race I was only few seconds off the pace compared to 10 lol literally had no practice so that's likely the issue.
Usually drive GT3/gt4 in acc (which is sequential paddle shifters)
Il try few laps later with the h pattern and see how it goes.

I should have explained myself better. It's easy to drive but found it tough to drive fast. Eventually near the end of race I was only few seconds off the pace compared to 10 lol literally had no practice so that's likely the issue.
Ah I see. Well a tip for driving fast with the Mazda is energymanagement. You don't want to loose speed in corners because of the low power of the engine. So it's often faster to use a raceline that is longer but where you can maintain your speed. Of course that goes for other cars also but with low powered cars it's extra important. And go easy on the brakes for the same reason.

Welcome to the party Billy! :D The Mazda is indeed easy to learn, hard to master. We've all been there and got better by practising a lot. Myself and a few others drive it with the paddles, it's a matter of timing the shifting with the sound of the engine... at least for me. But see what works for you... looking forward to see you on the grid at the next race of the event!

Hi Billy,
everything as said above, don’t be put off with the fast times, there are some drivers here that excel with the Mazda, I have never quite under stood the car.
But as said above the great thing about the Mazda is with a full field there is always some one to scrap with, at or about your level.
It again, as said above, they are a really nice car to drive as long as you stay away from curbs, and if you insist on going over them watch your throttle position.
I am of the opinion that if you want to be in with the fastest here then you need to go H pattern, me I am quite happy with paddles, they make life easy, need auto blip selected.
Hope to see you on the track. :)

Auto blip will be faster, but if you forget to manually give a short throttle push when downshifting in the braking zone, your rear wheels lock up and you'll spin.
I like to keep it enabled and sacrifice the 0.1-0.2s per lap.

I'm not sure about auto clutch. Afaik if you use h-pattern you have to use your clutch too but if you disable the h-pattern setting, you won't have to use it.

H-pattern is faster, in theory. The clutching will be shorter and you will have better acceleration. But the pedal-dance is too exhausting for me... I never do heel 'n toe shifting in real life or in simracing. It's not great in socks anyway :p

Is it just me or is the mx5 on stock setup a pile of scrap?

Maybe an issue effecting people starting out in them.
Probably you :D
What issues do you have?

I love the anecdote about me setting up the mx-5 for magione with camber extravaganza, maximizing corner grip and balance via motec, getting a second quicker.
To then get completely destroyed by Matteo Caruso on the default setup.
He was slower with my optimized setup because he couldn't drift the loose rear from an earlier apex to the exit kerb.

Apparently that's the fastest way to drive the Mazda.. You have to drift it and basically shortcut the corners. Take a tighter line with an early apex and then slam the throttle and somehow maintain the slip.

The default setup works great if you can do it. I can't...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 90 64.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 62 44.6%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 60 43.2%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 36 25.9%
Back