Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
hi guys,
the FFBClip have been prefect for me, but since i installed the "content manager", i couldn't find the FFBClip in game side bar, may i know how can i fix it?
Both of the game setting menu and content manager can detect FFBClip, just the FFBClip is disappear in game side bar. thanks.

Remove the file where ffbClip saves data for different tracks+cars, seems like its corrupted:
..\assettocorsa\apps\python\FFBClip\Config\Combos.ini

Last edited:
Hey all - just installed this and was testing. For some reason, after the app calibrates (new track and car combo), everything goes to 300% (t,s,a) and the wheel feels as if it's giving 0 FFB at all. Has anyone else had this issue? CSW v2.5. Thanks!

You misunderstand what the app does, I think.

The ONLY game parameter the app can touch is the GAIN.

Also, the dynamic mode is for those that want all the forces, all the time. Use auto mode. Set the app to a bit over 100% for the weak wheels, that will allow some clipping. If you turn the graph on you can see exactly what is sent to the LUT, and where the clipping point is.

Using the recommended settings will do exactly what you want it to, but does the " set minimum to 0 and then boost ingame FFB beyond 100% using Numpad + until the weight feels realistic when breaking grip" part for you, consistently, for every car and track combo. All you have to do is determine how much clipping you want to allow.

This is why I made a Direct Drive Mode, since the premise is so different from normal consumer wheels.

Hope that cleared up any misunderstanding.

I think I understand what FFBclip does well. It simply scales the overall FFB force (gain) to fit the torque capability of your wheel. And this is the problem for me. For me this is an error in logic and it feels wrong when I use it, compared to rFactor and iRacing. The FFB using ffbclip feels unrealistic, not crisp, mushy, like there is an odd powersteering filter over it, weak, odd and unpredictable. Even in non-dynamic mode.

And it makes sense. The most torque a real steering wheel will exert is maybe 30nm when taking a corner at 300kph in a high downforce car. Ffbclip takes that insane amount of force (30nm) and scales it down from the 2.3nm a G29 is capable of. Taking a 300kph corner is maybe 4% of a lap. This means that 96% of a lap a G29 will feel weak, dull and lifeless. Because all the forces over that lap are scaled to fit into the torque capability of 2.3nm. Do you not see the error in that logic? The wheel will feel weak and dull 96% of a lap.

Yes you can increase the ffb but then it becomes non linear and even more unrealistic. I have tried “set minimum to 0 and then boost ingame FFB beyond 100% using Numpad + until the weight feels realistic when breaking grip" part for you” But I cannot get that feeling as crisp as without using ffbclip :( It just starts to feel unnatural then. I really think Ffbclip is for people with very good wheels, not for people with weak wheels like G27 G29.

For us, I think the best thing to do would be to ACCEPT that a G29 can only exert 2.3nm maximum and use that 2.3nm predominantly for SAT (self aligning torque) and mechanical grip. So it feels realistic when taking most corners and gaining and losing grip. And you ACCEPT that for 300kph corners your wheel simply doesn’t have the torque. Instead of saying “PRETEND that this weak 2.3nm you are feeling, is a 300kph corner, and the rest of the lap, feel nothing.”

I have installed and uninstalled FFB 2 times now. Even when I boost the FFB using numpad+ It simply feels more mushy to me than not using FFbclip and just using numpad+ and not using a LUT but using Gamma (0.85) instead. The consensus on the forums is quite divided on using FFbclip and / or using LUT or Gamma. I am quite sensitive to FFB, I also don’t use Gyro=1 because that again feels like a powersteering filter that reduces crispness.

If FFBclip had an option to turn it on and off instantly, I could experiment with it and maybe find a setting that is better than just using numpad+ and Gamma 0.85.

I have tried almost everything, and I still cannot get AC to feel exactly like rF or iRacing on FFB. It lacks very important variables like grip coefficient changes and converting tire slip to SAT. The best I can do is get AC feeling as strong, clean and crisp as it can and just living with what is there.

If I have made a mistake in my reasoning above please let me know.

System:
i8700K
1080TI
G27: 101%-0%-70%
AC: Gain 100%-Minimum 0%-Kerb 0%-Road 10%-Slip 3%

Last edited:
It seems you like clipping. Nothing wrong with that. :)

With the gamma setting you are pushing more of the forces up in the range where you can feel it. IRacing and rFactor do the same thing, and there's nothing wrong with preferring that over a more mathematically accurate signal.

@Atle Dreier I've been using your FFBclip app for Assetto Corsa on dynamic mode and it feels wonderful, providing a consistent Force Feedback overall at any moment of turning, and preventing clipping, allowing only minor clipping when overdriving the car. This said. Would you be able to make this app for BeamNG.drive or do you know if there's any app like this one for that game? It helps a lot, specifically to low speed-low angle turning to still feel great, and it would be nice if you could develop it for BeamNG. Thanks in advance.

was about to give up on AC and getting a feel like I wanted....and stumbled across this on some random Redit post....gave it a shot.

WOW..... Atle...youve made my weekend !! Completely transformed AC......great work and thanks

I don't know anything about CM.

Normally you just delete the app from the AC main folder

I found a way to delete if from all places in CM. I do have another question though; since FFBClip changes the FFB setting of each car, there must be some folder where these files are stored and changes made? Which folder is this and could I delete it to get default ffb settings for each car? =)

Hello! I started using FFB yesterday on my G29, and for me It feels better than before, but I have a big deadzone when I'm on straights, is FFB capable of fixing It or should I have a LUT config?

I have nothing in my FFBClip .cfg file
path=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\FFBClip53\apps\python\FFBClip\Config

Win10 reports "this folder is empty". Using CM, I get no checkbox (or listing) for FFB at the bottom of the General menu (helicorsa shows up there - and runs just fine).

However, this is only happening on my second try. I went through the procedure last week and installed the app successfully along with Helicorsa. Both apps worked in the AC2 sim. The app is (was) great!

Then I made the mistake of changing my antivirus software (nothing to do with AC) and something that was modified in that process killed acs.exe. I could load AC2 as far as the menus, but I could not go any further - no racing of any kind. I kept getting an error box telling me that acs.exe was not working.

After many attempts to track down the problem, I resorted to uninstalling - completely - AC2. Of course, I had not backed up the various AC2 files and the reload put me back to square one. No worries!

I went through the configuration (wheelcheck/lutgenerator/etc) and placed FFBClip53 in the steamapps\assettocorsa file.

I re-installed Helicorsa without problems.

Before I attach log files, etc. Does anyone have any wisdom to impart.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 58 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 31 5.0%
  • Yearly

Votes: 39 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%