Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

there they talk about speeds, the commentarist , it's in german, 280km/h (zwei hundert achtzig) is what they reached at T1 (at minute 11.50 mark starts commenting on every corner speed almost)

240 @ curva grande
260 @ 2nd chicane
180 @ lesmo 1
210 @ lesmo 2
120 on the chicane
160 @ parabolica entering, and 180 exit speed

Last edited:
layout was diferent but the straights were long as today

But he mentioned laptime.

i have no data but if you watch the races, you'll see the speeds, secondly the comentators say the speeds they do, although not very accurate. Also go check iracing car see its topspeeds

Well, so far from the video posted above in german, your estimates were wrong by 10-20 kmh.

About iRacing, like I said yesterday their spring rates are way way way stiffer than what I found in setup sheets ... if you know what I mean...

please translate here, he calls the speed at paul ricard in practice session, 290 Lauda, 238 andretti If I get it right. It's the longest straight probably in the F1 78 calendar, 1.8km,

Top speeds:
Lauda 290
Peterson 285
Scheckter 284
Andretti 283

Also he talks about over 300 km/h being possible with a (near?) flat wing, but you'd loose too much time in the turns then.

Edit: Although a 1.8km long straight is quite a bit longer than Monza.
That would be more like Döttinger Höhe on the Nordschleife until the Tourist parking lot. (roughly)

But he mentioned laptime.

Well, so far from the video posted above in german, your estimates were wrong by 10-20 kmh.

About iRacing, like I said yesterday their spring rates are way way way stiffer than what I found in setup sheets ... if you know what I mean...
Iracing car does 286kmh at monza without knowing wich aero the guy runs

the 75lotus from kunos and 49 both are quicker on the striaghts at monza, doubt the ground effect car went down on topspeed, i think it would be more resonable to be able to get similar topspeed as in iracing

Try the Monza1988 track by carrera4 from the 1988 F1 mod. That version of Monza has the double chicane on the front straight which more closely resembles what they were running in 1978.

Last edited:
Updated wing animations to work with the setup tabs, 12° front:

fwing_anim.gif

3 position rear:

rwing_anim.gif

Also fixed rear light now blinks on pits, and turns on for bad weather. Can be turned on and off manually as well, no more brake light :x3:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 459 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 281 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 302 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 177 27.0%
Back