Cars Formula 79 by Race Sim Studio

According here the 312T has even higher top speed , setup is everything on these cars
20a1272326c1c6b6dc7373284432c635.png
1975 top speed was set by Tyrrell in Paul ricard 305 km/h pratice with tuned DFV to 485 HP (at the time was very good. Only Ferrari had more. This car has around 470-480 HP on 1978-79 years)

Dont know about the manual you look, but to me top speeds are quite weird. According the 1979 season commentator Murrey Walker these cars had around 290-300 km/h top speeds. Lotus 72D had less drag than 79, but downforce/drag ratio was much better so corner speeds compensated top speeds to quite same.

At Kyalami naturally aspirated cars suffered from thin air so cars lost about 20% of engine power. Top speeds at kyalami were around 270-280 in kyalami and Renault turbo was able to go over 290 (didnt have same problem because it was turbo and not naturally aspirated engine.). So if the drag values are right like you said , are you guys using 370 HP engine by accident?(typo or something like that)

I would think that lap time at kyalami would be know quite near realistic (around 1.11)
Like here.

Awesome job guys. Great car and fun to drive:) this was just my info around web, but im sure you have better sources than my googling.

Edit: there havent ever been brake light with F1

1975 top speed was set by Tyrrell in Paul ricard 305 km/h pratice with tuned DFV to 485 HP (at the time was very good. Only Ferrari had more. This car has around 470-480 HP on 1978-79 years)

Dont know about the manual you look, but to me top speeds are quite weird. According the 1979 season commentator Murrey Walker these cars had around 290-300 km/h top speeds. Lotus 72D had less drag than 79, but downforce/drag ratio was much better so corner speeds compensated top speeds to quite same.

At Kyalami naturally aspirated cars suffered from thin air so cars lost about 20% of engine power. Top speeds at kyalami were around 270-280 in kyalami and Renault turbo was able to go over 290 (didnt have same problem because it was turbo and not naturally aspirated engine.). So if the drag values are right like you said , are you guys using 370 HP engine by accident?(typo or something like that)

I would think that lap time at kyalami would be know quite near realistic (around 1.11)
Like here.

Awesome job guys. Great car and fun to drive:) this was just my info around web, but im sure you have better sources than my googling.

Edit: there havent ever been brake light with F1
Its not my project , I have never seen any manuals , I never helped with anything on the project ,
and no 1000% F1 cars do not have brake lights .

According to Content Manager's features the car has 418hp at the rear wheels, which would be 480hp engine power with 13% drivetrain losses.

So the power is correct.
Maybe the Brake light should have been a Rain light ,
it got fixed in 1 second , I fixed it ,
But concerning physics , @David Dominguez to me personally is a God with physics ,
The cars just feel perfect , and he does a damn lot of research into every setting trust me ,
these old cars varied so much from year to year and car to car , some cars had 100+ more bhp than others maybe 100,s more back in the 70,s and 80,s ,
but they made up for it in aero and over departments , was not tenths of a second like now in 2017 was seconds differences in the cars back then .

Maybe the Brake light should have been a Rain light ,
it got fixed in 1 second , I fixed it ,
But concerning physics , @David Dominguez to me personally is a God with physics ,
The cars just feel perfect , and he does a damn lot of research into every setting trust me ,
these old cars varied so much from year to year and car to car , some cars had 100+ more bhp than others maybe 100,s more back in the 70,s and 80,s ,
but they made up for it in aero and over departments , was not tenths of a second like now in 2017 was seconds differences in the cars back then .
Well in whole 70's slowest cars had around 430 HP (cosworth cars from 1970) and biggest was maybe ferrari with 515HP in 1979. (Alfa romeo could have more but found only 80's horsepowers)
90% cars used same engines and gearboxes whole 70's (cosworth DFV and Hewland gears) so the differences came from aero and supension design. Thats why there were so radical wings in 70's and P34/ March 2-4-0. You had to find the pace somewhere else.
Differences were very small in term of cars, but more differences in drivers. 79 was the season when there started to be very fast and very slow teams. Ground effect was complex to make when teams tried to copy Lotus without even knowing how they did it. Thats they had so big advantage in 78.

Again great car and feels nice in corners :)

418 HP but after power loss its 480 HP (more)? Why its like that?
No car in the world produces the same output ,
if a engine is say 1000hp at the crank ,
then the car output going from the crank , through the drivetrain and to the rear wheels then the rubber that touches the tarmac ,
there is always a loss of power , its called drive train loss ,
each car varies , F1 cars it is far less than road cars , F1 cars drive on more predictable surfaces and there is less variables than road cars on various road surfaces using various tire compounds ,

But this is a vary long conversation that could take days ,

Long story short , all cars have drivetrain loss .

No car in the world produces the same output ,
if a engine is say 1000hp at the crank ,
then the car output going from the crank , through the drivetrain and to the rear wheels then the rubber that touches the tarmac ,
there is always a loss of power , its called drive train loss ,
each car varies , F1 cars it is far less than road cars , F1 cars drive on more predictable surfaces and there is less variables than road cars on various road surfaces using various tire compounds ,

But this is a vary long conversation that could take days ,

Long story short , all cars have drivetrain loss .
Yeah but he said that your mod gives more power after loss?? I understand it would give less..
You have great source undoubtly so go with it :)

I dont know what to think about the iRacing car, its fun to drive but for example the springs are WAY stiffer than what i found in some old setup sheets of the real car. They are more in the range of the Lotus 80, but then that was a totally different car...
In the end L79 was only reason to renew sub. So from update to update I liked it a lot and sometimes less.

I did more laps around Spa. Currently running 0-0 wings. 1 for rear kills all the straight speed and 1 for front makes rear already too unstable. For fine tuning is it possible to have more rear wing "clicks" and Gurney flaps? I think iRacing version had those (wickers).

With hard tyres,no wind 26C I'm lapping 2:10s. Anyone can share setup tips if I'm completely lost. :roflmao:

Where is all the servers for this car?

Hey guys i bought your mod, but im dissapointed with the tospeeds, being too low,
Those cars achieved almost some 290 to 300kmh at tracks like monza. my test at monza with minimum wings never got more tospeed than 260 ish kmh i hope you guys take a look to it because it's just not right.

Also for a payment car mod, i would expect animated wings for the changes on the setup, something a lot of free mods already do.
Also the brake light, i hope you fix it since it should act just as a rain light.
Cheers

Hey guys i bought your mod, but im dissapointed with the tospeeds, being too low,
Those cars achieved almost some 290 to 300kmh at tracks like monza. my test at monza with minimum wings never got more tospeed than 260 ish kmh i hope you guys take a look to it because it's just not right.

Please can you provide evidence? Also not about "those cars" but about this one specifically.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 53 9.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%