tumblr_mlqj1qRIpn1s242x2o1_500.gif

GpGmwlE.png

1974 Formula One Season (13-15)

cN4Uma6.png

dbYkdWT.png

fjxBGb4.png

ntxvd9j.png

Wly02lY.png

The 1974 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

!!! FLM News !!!

After being successful in Formula One, Honda decides to go away from F1 for a moment. The opportunity for Guy Ligier, former F2 driver to enter his own team Ligier Automobiles. From the ashes of Matra, he named Jason Lutz as his new Team manager, while Daniel Harvey, newly free, became Shadow's head manager.
In his luggage, Harvey took '73 World Champion Fittipaldi and released the young and promising South African driver Jody Scheckter who has become the figurehead of Ligier.

In terms of FLM gameplay, both managers kept their exact situation. Which means that Harvey's team has just dropped into Tier2 (what happened to Honda.. which is now Shadow) and Lutz's team has dropped into Tier3 (what happened to Shadow.. which is now Ligier)
u0OIfut.png

!!! FLM : New Rules !!!

Before the launch of the '75 season, I wanted to discuss you about new rules I was thinking about.. Let me know if it sounds good in your opinion :

1/ A thing that I wanted to do a long time ago but I don't think an Italian team should have 2 Australian drivers. 2 Italian drivers is ok... but 2 Spanish or 2 Brazilian whatever doesn't sound realistic at all IMO. So I'd like to introduce a simple rule which is : You can't sign 2 drivers with the same nationality unless it is the nationality of your team. Agree if yeah, you think it's pretty logical and realistic.

2/ Something else about the drivers' signings which is hard to make it work properly but here is the idea : I don't think a team should be able to have a Lauda+Hunt lineup, a Schumacher+Hakkinen.. and even a Prost+Senna. To help the mid teams, everyone should be able to sign a good n°1 driver, and the top teams shouldn't be able to steal the best drivers unless they need a new n°1 driver. So the rule could be, to set a n°1 and a n°2 driver in each team and during the drivers' signings, we first sign every n°1 driver, then every n°2 driver. And it should cost some PP to swap the status of your drivers, (you're number 1 becomes a number 2) which will get you a better signing position. Eventually, a n°2 becoming a n°1 could probably earn you some PP. Anyway, how does the idea sound ? Like if you think I should implement this feature.

3/ I was thinking of changing a little bit the sponsors to make the safer option a little bit more safer and to make the risky option a little bit more easy to achieve in order to encourage you to choose the risky path (which none of you does unless the Tier4) I don't want to change the rewards so it would work the same as it currently is.
Win would becomes Podium
Top 5 would becomes Points(Top6)
Top 10 would becomes Top12
Top 15 would becomes Top16
Finish stays as Finish
Beer if it could bring some new things to the game.

1/ I understand what you mean. Maybe if teams get an IRL lineup they get bonus upgrade points? Or if a team has a driver with the same nationality as the teams HQ they get bonus points.

2/ I guess what I said above applies to this one too. I don't mind what happens to the signing order, what you said sounds okay.

3/ Seems like a good idea! Although for tier one teams, Points seems really easily achievable.

I can't rate the post 3 times so I'll make a statement instead.
1) I think this is making things too complicated for no reason.
2) Perfect. I do need some good drivers, they all get stolen by the top teams.
3) This will only help the tier 1 teams, from my pov top 6 is as hard to achieve as top 5 so it wouldn't impact my sponsor choice. However win to podium is quite extreme, and imo this would become the most popular sponsor in tier 1. And we don't want to give tier 1 teams even more power than they already have do we?

1/ I get your reasoning, but I don't think it's a good idea. There will be cases when the driver market doesn't offer that many options. If you want a particular driver (be it your favourite one, rank, age, etc.), you might not be able to get him simply because of his nationality. It isn't exactly realistic either. While I do agree that it doesn't happen that often, it's not like it never happens. Tyrrell used to have 2 French drivers, Ferrari as well for 1 season, Sauber and Jordan had 2 Germans, Brabham, Arrows and Toleman had 2 Italians etc. (A bit in that regard, the last Italian to drive a full season for Ferrari was Alboreto in 1988)

2/ ytho? Not like this doesn't happen irl. Plus I think your concept has way too many flaws. You don't consider at all that drivers aren't locked in their ranks. Take my lineup right now. I signed both Andretti and Peterson as B drivers. Peterson is already A, while Andretti probably soon will be. Now assume I signed Peterson as 2nd driver, Andretti as 1st. Andretti's contract runs out first, so I have an A driver as 2nd. Allows me to get another A driver as 1st, or a B (soon to be A).
Or the other way round, I have an A driver as 1st and B/C as 2nd. The A drops to B, the contract of the 2nd runs out. How to get a good driver now? I'd have to pay PP to drop 1st to 2nd, which probably screws me just as much as signing a mediocre 2nd driver.
And it's not only because of T1 teams that mid teams struggle to get top drivers. T4 have priority for rookie signings, quite often locking some of the (soon to be) top drivers for 4 years without making any progress themselves.

3/ Right now, from Tier 1 perspective, there's simply no point taking the win sponsor imo. At best, you'll win all races of 1 track style (which is incredibly unlikely to happen), so 14-18 PP (depending on the amount of tracks with the respective style). Taking the top 5 sponsor, you'll very likely end up with at least the same amount of PP, probably even more.
For tier 2, imo, the win sponsor is out of question. 2-3 are the maximum you might get. Top 5 is an option if you have a decent lineup and plenty of PP. But even then, you'll probably only get the required results on 1 track style. So you might as well go with Top 10, and bag in the income on almost every track, giving you about the same in total earnings in the end.
Can't say much about Tier 3, haven't been there yet.
As for Tier 4, I guess the general stance is that since you can't drop any further, you might as well risk top 10. Take into account the high dnf numbers, plus the T4 rookie bonus, it isn't even that risky picking it.

4/ Since everyone can only rate your post once, you shouldn't count the ratings, rather have people reply.

1 and 2 are making things complicated and strict for not a big reason imo. It is also nice to have spicy and unexpected driver pairings.

3 sounds good imo.

Honestly, I think something needs to happen. Take this last season as an example, you admitted I was in a good position, yet you still beat me because you had Peterson and I had trash. So with my weak lineup, there is no way I get any better than 5th, and when I get 5th, the top teams steal all the good drivers, while the worse teams steal all the promising rookies, and I always keep trash, and I always keep being 5th because of said trash.
I'm not talking just A drivers, I'm talking good B drivers (like Peterson was). I don't think it matters if it happens irl or not, the game should be fun, and it's not fun only being able to finish 5th.
I was on the verge of quitting because the situation was so hopeless. So it makes me super happy to see change in this area.

Honestly, I think something needs to happen. Take this last season as an example, you admitted I was in a good position, yet you still beat me because you had Peterson and I had trash. So with my weak lineup, there is no way I get any better than 5th, and when I get 5th, the top teams steal all the good drivers, while the worse teams steal all the promising rookies, and I always keep trash, and I always keep being 5th because of said trash.
I'm not talking just A drivers, I'm talking good B drivers (like Peterson was). I don't think it matters if it happens irl or not, the game should be fun, and it's not fun only being able to finish 5th.
I was on the verge of quitting because the situation was so hopeless. So it makes me super happy to see change in this area.
That's only your 3rd season out of T1, and all 3 you've stayed in T2. :rolleyes: Not to mention that both of us won 2 races this season. Thinking back at the first iteration of the game, you could only win being T1, that wasn't fun at all imo. Here we've seen T3 win already, and last season a podium for T4.

To be honest with you, I think what really hurt you was your driver pick for '73. Even though you forgot the wishlist, there still were some good picks available. Imo Rodríguez wasn't one of them though, I think both Revson and Cevert would've been better. Rodríguez died in '71, so probably was way past his peak already. Revson (74) and Cevert (73) didn't live much longer either, but game wise they probably were both at their peak.

I actually analyzed the driver situation quite a bit, and I don't think either of them could have done much better. Revson was slower than Reutemann in 1971, looking at results where they both finished the race. And Cevert only ever beat Surtees, who hit his peak around the same time as Clark, so was probably on the low end of B class.
I was in a situation where I had to pick the best trash, and honestly, with how the system works, it would have likely been the same even if I hadn't missed the wishlist (as it was in 1974 and probably 1975 too). I felt Pedro was the best trash, as I had actually heard something about him, compared to everyone else available.

Also, I feel me staying in tier 2 is more down to the PP I had saved up rather than any drivers carrying me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Watch party

Votes: 4 8.3%