Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D I just hope for at least one title with Peterson again, that's pretty much all I want for the remaining ~40 seasons
Ill carefully watch your actions - because once you got that title and you somehow end up on the low end due to retirements, even though you upgraded reliability, you wont be satisfied. I guess

Ill carefully watch your actions - because once you got that title and you somehow end up on the low end due to retirements, even though you upgraded reliability, you wont be satisfied. I guess
Hey, I didn't that I will no longer be pissed about such things. Like last season, 65% reliability (+5/10 for drivers), yet I had 6 DNFs in the last 6 races. Just didn't care since it wouldn't have changed a thing regarding my demotion.

z4oRDd5.png

1974 Formula One Season (1-3)

Zp8vtQm.png

gUGxgjX.png

mf6Dttp.png

lLIg0hZ.png

hobStMn.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

DDlNLe1.png

Unfortunate for Clay to retire in Argentina. But a solid finish in South Africa. Sucks to be beaten by a Honda though.
Edit: and a Lotus

Last edited:
xHLuV6g.png

1974 Formula One Season (4-6)

eG1L6Ed.png

0r7kGgp.png

VGNvZEk.png

GFnraa2.png

lBteVyM.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys ! I was often able to know who will be champion at the end.. but for this season.. I have no f* idea !

d2dULvw.png

ci5mDQ9.png

1974 Formula One Season (7-9)

pGAzvaB.png

jI5zQjJ.png

EqYURsf.png

aZigeZ0.png

yWWjEMZ.png

You've got 48h to send me your Buys !

ndnlK6D.png

Looks like I will lose this because of inferior drivers.
Couldn't even get pole vs a more aero suited Ferrari, only won because of DNFs. Yet Peterson took another pole + win. And still there are 3 aero races to go.

Looks like I will lose this because of inferior drivers.
Couldn't even get pole vs a more aero suited Ferrari, only won because of DNFs. Yet Peterson took another pole + win. And still there are 3 aero races to go.
Also 3 engine tracks though, and you have less competition for those than I do for aero. And it doesn't exactly help me that for the first time the reliability percentage seems to be accurate (8/18 finished, ~44%)

a2WqOT0.png

No, Jim Clark didn’t want to become a farmer like all his ancestors for a century. Jimmy was a natural racer, made for one purpose : to win.

Debut in Italy (1960-62)

The former Alfa Romeo and multiple winning manager Jason Lutz saw Clark racing for the first time during a race in Scotland while he was on vacation. Impressed by the potential of the young British driver, he decided to offer him a seat for the upcoming season alongside Phil Hill. Two drivers new in Formula One, two great potentials, Scuderia Centro Sud had everything to climb up and fight for the wins during the 60’s. Unfortunately, Clark scored only 1 point in 30 races during his 3 seasons for the Italian team. However during his last season with Lutz, he beat Alberto Ascari (’51 & ’53 World Champion), his new teammate, every single race in terms of pace.. enough to show his real potential to the other teams.

BRP and his path to Glory (1963-69)

In 1963, Clark’s last year of contract was bought by BRP where Milos Ancevski thought that the Scottish driver could help the team to be champion again, after Hawthorn’s title in 1960. Good pick !

For his very first race at Monaco, Clark won by almost twenty seconds. Even if the car wasn’t reliable, he managed to become twice World Champion ! But he failed to get a third crown during the next 3 seasons when he always finished on the podium in the drivers’ standings..

Finally, he matched Juan Manuel Fangio’s number of titles in 1968 after a tough battle against Jochen Rindt on his Rob Walker. They both had 51 points before the last GP fo the season in Mexico and as usual, Jim Clark annihilated the competition early and won the 19th race of his career.

Late career and the wins record (1970-73)

The love story between Clark and his team manager Milos Ancevski continued after the bankruptcy of BRP a the end of 1969. Former F2 team, March Engineering hired Ancevski who hired Clark, out of contract for 1970. Even if he almost caught an unexpected fourth title in 1971, Clark was hunting an other Fangio’s record : the number of wins. He managed to match the record at the last race of the 1972 season and had one year, one last year to get a win and beat Fangio. Unfortunately, the March wasn’t fast enough to compete for the win. In the end, Jim Clark was very close to beat his childhood idol but never managed to do it.

ShUQeQa.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%