Formula Pro Series (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried installing some tracks tonight (I have win7 64bit). It sat at the "please wait a moment while the system prepares" for 20seconds before installing the track as intended. However I do have winrar installed, do you guys have winrar? (not to be confused with winzip).

I think the problem here is that we are not able to define what exactly causes the problem. As David explains (and I have experienced myself) there are a few exceptions to the problem that makes it very hardt to contain.

The main worry is that Coen's time is set on the Pacific race server and that David also was able to do super laps on other servers (and myself doing super lap right after rejoining). It is like we are able to take the grip with us if we first have received it from a server.

I guess there are nobody that have experienced the extra grip on the first session of the day? One have to take part in a track rotation to receive it, and after that everything can happen.

:) nah, it all makes sense J

Thanks to all who are posting here. I've wondered since the beginning of the year why I could never get within 2 seconds of drivers in qualy but could seemingly challenge [stay with them] them during a race with fuel.

This is the scary part, if there is a chance that this bug has been dragged into our race events and that it also can do this in the future.

hmmm.... very strange things here.

I never experienced this effect and i ever did my laps on the 5 laps server, which is only using the track of the upcomming event. I never voted on this server. Just did my laps and left, or had a small 5 laps race with someone and then did a new session. But i never felt an increasing grip. I can only say that i was allways able to repeat my PB times.

Could it be the 5 laps (one track) server isn't infected???

Yesterday i had my first hour of testing at suzuka on this 5 laps (one track) server. After hard tries i managed my PB 1:25:2xx which didn't give me the feeling of much room for improvements.

Because of curiousity i voted to next event just to restart at suzuka again and i didn't feel any increased grip. That's why i think (hope) this server with only one track doesn't have this problem, because it always restarts wit the same conditions??? If this is true, could it be done that PrestoGP takes times only from this server?

I don't think that the first 3 events were influenced by this bug, because there was no voting and no ones laptimes or pace felt unnormal.

Finally, if there's no solution, i'd say: "Who cares? Ok, we have no opportunity to compare our best lap times exactly, but in the main event conditions are the same for everyone."

Am i wrong?

Finally, if there's no solution, i'd say: "Who cares? Ok, we have no opportunity to compare our best lap times exactly, but in the main event conditions are the same for everyone."

Am i wrong?

That's what we are trying to find out. Unfortunatley we do receive reports that indicate that servers with only one track can be affected as well, even though 90% happens on the 5 track server.

I've wondered since the beginning of the year why I could never get within 2 seconds of drivers in qualy but could seemingly challenge [stay with them] them during a race with fuel.

Then I decide to go to Suzuka 5 Laps server, I enter and do 1:24.3 on one lap. Then I decide to go to FPPS R4 Suzuka server, in Practice session I do 1:25.0 and in Qualifying session I do new personal best 1:23.697.

In addition Coen's time from the time table 1.24.087 is done at the PrestoGP FPPS R4 server.

So as you can see things are not totally under control yet, but at the same time i would say that it is not the end of the world and we'll figure out what to do :)

i didnt think of mentioning, but ive got a dedicated server running with suzuka and a few other tracks that we will be using toward the end of season, if anyone wants to check that then their welcome, its called F1 League (PUBLIC)

I tried installing some tracks tonight (I have win7 64bit). It sat at the "please wait a moment while the system prepares" for 20seconds before installing the track as intended. However I do have winrar installed, do you guys have winrar? (not to be confused with winzip).

I only have winrar, I waited, then I got the error message, the skin install went without a hitch, maybe if I delete a track then I can test it in debug as it will want to dl it?

Jim

If you could do that Jim, that would really help. Honestly I cannot get this problem to happen for me. Until I can produce the error I simply have no idea where to fix it.

I have to say that I am sceptical.
All of my sessions at Suzuka have been very close in what times I can produce, and as with Nicolai, my times steadily increased as you would expect with more & more laps. I've yet to encounter a session where all of a sudden I can get a mystical Alien lap time. I have noticed that this is a track that you can lose time easily by getting your lines slightly wrong. If I get time tonight I'll see if it have variable lap times with different sessions.

At the end of the day, we will all have the exact same conditions come race day so it really only affects the presto time sheets.

At the end of the day, we will all have the exact same conditions come race day so it really only affects the presto time sheets.

That's what i also think. The race event counts. The rest is fun and comparing. If someone wants to know his pace and isn't sure if his best time was done with extra grip or not, just go offline and take a normal qualy session of a single event. Than you'll see, what you're able to drive...

I have to say that I am sceptical.
All of my sessions at Suzuka have been very close in what times I can produce, and as with Nicolai, my times steadily increased as you would expect with more & more laps. I've yet to encounter a session where all of a sudden I can get a mystical Alien lap time. I have noticed that this is a track that you can lose time easily by getting your lines slightly wrong. If I get time tonight I'll see if it have variable lap times with different sessions.

Yes, I was sceptical as well, therefore I spent hours on the subject, and now I am 99% sure that it in fact is the case what is claimed. And for me 99% is the same as certain. I have also been able to check all historic data from the server, and one can clearly see a pattern.

Also, as I've said in a previous post, one does not need to have the same conditions in race, as a matter of fact if I wanted I think I could provide myself with extra grip for Wednesdays race :)

Btw, I don't think your time was flawed Steve.

I noticed this happening when I had the older 'Dial' rev counter displayed on screen, even after updating my video card. When I changed the display to the smaller, simpler Bar style of rev counter it was so much better.

If we're going through with using this version it'll be on there eventually. I think we should use the other version because it seems so much more accurate and the grip level doesn't change depending on where you are on the track

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.3%