Cars Formula RSS 2 by Race Sim Studio

Wow. Just wow.

Congrats to everyone over at RSS, I just got my hands on it and it's just amazing. As many stated before, it's an essential purchase for every AC fan.

Now I'm hoping the W196 is next to come - or maybe a full 1950s F1 pack to race against the Maserati 250F? :whistling:

One thing I noticed though. The texture of the grips of the steering wheel somehow look "cheap", like cheap plastic or something. Maybe it's the resolution of the texture or the texture structure itself, I'm not sure.
Especially when the sun shines on it it really doesn't look that good.

I think you wanted to achieve a similar look to these grips here?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/4100255859_160e3911f4_o.jpg
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static...gp2-spa-2011-jules-bianchi-steering-wheel.jpg

The ingame grips are similar but I think the colour ingame is a bit off (not grey/black enough) + the actual small parts that the grip texture consists of are too large ingame (especially check out the first picture above for reference, the real grips are very fine-textured).

I know this is criticism on a high level but since most of us use the cockpit view and thereby see the steering wheel most of the time we would all profit from a refined steering wheel grip texture IMO.

Reactions: CC
One thing I noticed though. The texture of the grips of the steering wheel somehow look "cheap", like cheap plastic or something. Maybe it's the resolution of the texture or the texture structure itself, I'm not sure.
Especially when the sun shines on it it really doesn't look that good.

I think you wanted to achieve a similar look to these grips here?
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2602/4100255859_160e3911f4_o.jpg
https://cdn-2.motorsport.com/static...gp2-spa-2011-jules-bianchi-steering-wheel.jpg

The ingame grips are similar but I think the colour ingame is a bit off (not grey/black enough) + the actual small parts that the grip texture consists of are too large ingame (especially check out the first picture above for reference, the real grips are very fine-textured).

I know this is criticism on a high level but since most of us use the cockpit view and thereby see the steering wheel most of the time we would all profit from a refined steering wheel grip texture IMO.
Hi ))
Thanks for your feedback concerning the grips ,
It was mentioned within the team also , Well David mentioned it ,
What the issue , well strategy mainly on this car was more to performance ,
I got the car to exactly 42mb dead which by looking seems to be official content minimum requirements ,
they all seem to be around 40-42-48mb in size ,

And simply due to the sheer amount of detailing on the car, I didnt want to use another shader in the sdk and apply a multimat material just for the grips which would have looked maybe ten times nicer compared to the lower res texture stored in out .kn5 which is only 1k and covers 4 parts ,
Would have made the car 43+mb ,

The Hybrid had something like 93 textures on the car which is insane , just crazy talk to be honest ,
Performance is no way near this car also ,

The RSS2 is almost 300,000 triangles and nothing is hidden with settings just to show parts in the showroom and hide them ingame , I spent a long time optimizing everything so the full 300k is on show all the time so it can be enjoyed in the showroom and ingame just the same ,

I understand and we understand in the team regarding all the settings and time we spent trying to get a benchmark car , which as quality and performance ,

Maybe its something we can look into for the future , but simply for example making the kn5 almost 2mb more loading a full grid will make the cars hold almost another 40+mb ingame just for using a different shader for the grips :)

Well you're in luck then, as this mod (and current F2) comes with your favourite driving aid, DRS! Will be so much easier to drive now :roflmao:

Also I noticed this! Plans for a non-V8 version? Maybe, I dunno, a turbo V6 version..? :p

q1j7Jcr.jpg
Hi,
which app is this? Is it a dev app?

Hi ))
Thanks for your feedback concerning the grips ,
It was mentioned within the team also , Well David mentioned it ,
What the issue , well strategy mainly on this car was more to performance ,
I got the car to exactly 42mb dead which by looking seems to be official content minimum requirements ,
they all seem to be around 40-42-48mb in size ,

And simply due to the sheer amount of detailing on the car, I didnt want to use another shader in the sdk and apply a multimat material just for the grips which would have looked maybe ten times nicer compared to the lower res texture stored in out .kn5 which is only 1k and covers 4 parts ,
Would have made the car 43+mb ,

The Hybrid had something like 93 textures on the car which is insane , just crazy talk to be honest ,
Performance is no way near this car also ,

The RSS2 is almost 300,000 triangles and nothing is hidden with settings just to show parts in the showroom and hide them ingame , I spent a long time optimizing everything so the full 300k is on show all the time so it can be enjoyed in the showroom and ingame just the same ,

I understand and we understand in the team regarding all the settings and time we spent trying to get a benchmark car , which as quality and performance ,

Maybe its something we can look into for the future , but simply for example making the kn5 almost 2mb more loading a full grid will make the cars hold almost another 40+mb ingame just for using a different shader for the grips :)
Hello guys compliment the work done. I'm out on vacation but as soon as I get back I will definitely get rid of it. For details and textures, to optimize the game it is important for Lods B or C to have very few materials. For textures even though Lod A would be heavier, it is not a problem in play, but only in loading

Hello guys compliment the work done. I'm out on vacation but as soon as I get back I will definitely get rid of it. For details and textures, to optimize the game it is important for Lods B or C to have very few materials. For textures even though Lod A would be heavier, it is not a problem in play, but only in loading
LOD_A Is 300,000 Triangles , Every single MB counts I checked 100 times :)

LOD_A Is 300,000 Triangles , Every single MB counts I checked 100 times :)
I believe however said from a very very reliable source in lod A there are no problems getting to 300k triangles. For example in the Lod B I remove most possible elements, such as cockpit, steering all that would still not be visible to 15 mt and reduce the triangles up to 100k triangles in the lod C, only the materials the body and another tire material And polygons at 30000, really cleansing everything. So also with the 4k texture the game does not even have problems with 30 cars on screen

I believe however said from a very very reliable source in lod A there are no problems getting to 300k triangles. For example in the Lod B I remove most possible elements, such as cockpit, steering all that would still not be visible to 15 mt and reduce the triangles up to 100k triangles in the lod C, only the materials the body and another tire material And polygons at 30000, really cleansing everything. So also with the 4k texture the game does not even have problems with 30 cars on screen
Yeah 300k is my limit , But also performance is king too ,
We made what we believe to be a strong package , I have provided all my textures and most templates on RD and on our site , People have the full rights to play with the car and change whatever they wish to what sizes they prefer , our base car is really strong in quality and performance ,
Obviously we cant make and sell 100mb.kn5 LOD_A :)

Yeah 300k is my limit , But also performance is king too ,
We made what we believe to be a strong package , I have provided all my textures and most templates on RD and on our site , People have the full rights to play with the car and change whatever they wish to what sizes they prefer , our base car is really strong in quality and performance ,
Obviously we cant make and sell 100mb.kn5 LOD_A :)
However, I repeat great work. you are strong

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 50 9.1%
  • Monthly

Votes: 27 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 32 5.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.4%