Forza Horizon in my opinion does exactly what it sets out to do. To be an open world racer with semi believable physics. The Halo vehicle makes complete sense to me. There are tons of Halo fans and if including this vehicle gets a few of them to buy the game then it did its job. I have said it before but I'm excited about it as sometimes you just want to thrash through the jungle and not have a care in the world.

Oh don't get me wrong. I'm a massive Halo fan too. (No other reason for owning an Xbox One tbh)
Just think it's a bit Nintendo-esque having crossovers between not only different titles but different genres completely.
I can't help thinking about the fighting game the kids loved on the Wii or whatever and it had all different Nintendo characters from over the years.

I know people will relish this opportunity but for everyone that loves there also will be some that don't care for it.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 2.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have made available a playable demo of the upcoming Forza Horizon 3, bringing a choice of several diverse vehicles for Xbox One players to sample before the game releases towards the end of September.

Sadly only Xbox One players will have access to the demo of Horizon 3, as the studio promise a nice selection of vehicles to try out in advance of the games release. PC players will have to wait until the official launch of the title to sample the first full Forza game on Windows 10 PC.

The Demo of Horizon 3 has on offer a nice selection of vehicles from which to sample the game, including "more than one" dune buggy and an off road trophy truck alongside the more traditional road going offerings in the form of the epic Lamborghini Centenario, the BMW M4 Coupe, the Ford Shelby GT350R, as and the 2014 HSV Limited Edition GEN-F GTS Maloo.

The Xbox One demo weighs in at a sizable 18.34GB and can be downloaded from the Xbox One store immediately.

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 3.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 will be available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC 27th September 2016.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment. The place to go for news on the latest Forza Horizon game. Head on over and join the discussion today!

Forza Horizon 3 Demo 1.jpg Forza Horizon 3 Demo 4.jpg

Have you tried the demo yet? Does the game give you the experience you hoped for? Looking forward to Horizon 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I'd class Horizon similar to Codemasters games of old: You get reasonably realistic physics with extra grip and magic brakes. But controls are crisp, no floatiness or lag. Definitely arcade, but driving skill still translates into faster laptimes, braking for corners and hitting apexes still has benefit.

The PC demo is due later this week isn't it?

As far as I was aware, no PC demo was due for this one. Hopefully I'm wrong, because I'd love to give this a test. I don't normally go for arcade games, but this sure does look pretty. Just concerned I'd play for a bit then load up rF2 and forget all about it...

Thanx ouvert! Its like trackmania or nfs?
depends on which NFS :) ... I would say it is closer to trackmania but not that arcade .. I mean physics laws don`t apply to your car in terms od grip, braking, mass transfer, pretty much anything you are considering in simracing... you can take LaFerrari on the beach and drive 300mph in sand, than you can steer into the wather and still going with water half meter deep. If you drive two wheels on road, two on grass in car with 800HP you won`t notice, etc .. pure arcade in openworld

Also if you wanna try openworld arcade tommorow The Crew is free for PC (you need to buy it for 0 money and than it stays free for you forever) ..

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%