Big step down from fh 2
I have to disagree, I've run FH2 and FH3 back to back using the same wheel (TX w/T3PA pedals) and same difficulty and wheel settings - Simulation, ABS off, TC off, SC off, Vibration 75, FFB Scale 75. And drove the same cars in both. To me their very similar but a little more detail in FH3 - nothing like the PC sims but not bad for an arcade game. I'd much rather use a wheel than a gamepad, much finer control of steering/throttle/brake.
The FFB in APEX feels better than FH3 on X1, I'm hoping FH3 on PC feels like APEX.

Last edited:
Yes no idea how FH 3 feels with a wheel. I didn´t enjoy FH 2 with wheel. Smoothness is not that important for success in these titles.

I do hope they allow for custom controllers. I just tried the Crew and there I can use my HE sim Ultimate pedals, my custom button box and I am sure my separate fanatec usb shifter as well. 2016 if FH 3 can´t do that there is no excuse! A bit worrying the Forza apex demo do force me to use stock controllers.

Forza Horizon 3.jpg

With a public release due in less than six days, Turn 10 Studios have revealed the official launch trailer for Forza Horizon 3, showcasing the stunning graphics of a game destined to go down as one of the most attractive racing releases in 2016.

Due to contain over 350 cars playable across the stunning Australian scenery, what marks Horizon 3 out for special mention is the fact that this will be the first fully fledged Forza release available on Windows 10 PC. With a less than stellar tech demo that was Forza Motorsport Apex already behind the studio, Horzion 3 will be a big test for Turn 10 to see how development continues on the Windows platform.

Forza Horizon 3 Official Launch Trailer

Turn 10 have also run a recent two hour long live stream of the game for fans to enjoy, showcasing many of the 350+ cars that will be available once the title is released on September 27th. The live stream focused on unedited footage of the game, and gave fans a first look at many of the in game UI screens and opening mission storylines.

Check out the livestream video here.

Forza Horizon 3 will be available for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC from Tuesday 27th September 2016. A demo version of Forza Horizon 3 is available to download for Xbox One via the Microsoft Store.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this new title. Join the community conversation today.

Looking forward to Horizon 3? Tried the demo yet? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Never thought a title like this would spike my interest outside of circuit racing, but I gotta say it does look like great fun from what I've been seeing, only trouble is I don't have the PC power to run it the way I would like, (GTX 1080ti, where are you?, I'm patiently waiting and frantically saving), and until microsoft adopt 21:9 aspect ratio in their PC games...ahem (Apex and Killer Instinct to name but two), I'll guess I'm gonna have to sit this one out for now. I know DX12 is the future, but I'm having financial trouble leaving the past, (wife thinks there are more pressing things to spend MY money on), at the moment. Also what's the future for Apex and this title regards VR or Holo lense or whatever it's called, all I seem to hear about is the PS4's VR, which I have been reliably told will work on a PC, and very little from Microsoft.

Last edited:
Best Racing Game- Yes finally that have agreed that Forza is not a SIM!!, about time. Best racing game, yes I agree, all Forza titles are great racing games, but not SIMS, I wish people would stop comparing Forza with AC, with RF2, with IRacing, that are simply not in the same ball park, but yes, Horizon looks sexy

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%