Friendly Development Series

With the up and coming restart of the Friendly Development series.
There has been a rise in the number of cars spotted on our tracks sporting a unique new livery as the pictures from an undisclosed source prove.
Could these be the stars of the future?

RD_FD_cars_07.jpg

RD_FD_cars_06.jpg

RD_FD_cars_04.jpg

RD_FD_cars_03.jpg

RD_FD_cars_02.jpg

RD_FD_cars_01.jpg

Very many thank-yous.. Helpful lession. Can't still understand fully that i could make PB with throttle all the time to the floor. Can't repeat it anymore.

It just means lots and lots of practice. And i have to buy a steering wheel.. Too bad that i can't afford G25, have to settle to a secondhand Momo.

Just like to add an update to this. Just ran some laps on Brands Hatch my old time was a contant 1.37:xxx and after going through what I learnt at this FD and slowly re teaching myself the pricaples I have managed to knock my time down to a contant 1.35:xxx.

I can't express who much thanks I would like to pass on to Bram. So I'll finish off with a simple thank you Bram!

I forgot to properly thank you after the last FDS lesson. It took a few weeks to be able to fully execute what you taught us, but what a difference it has made.

I have raced WTCC cars at Valer twice before and have never managed a lap better than 58.5. I've just been running on the practice server for the RDTCC event on Saturday and am consistently running 56's with a best of 56.050. I've been well under several times and blown it so I am confident I can do a 55.xxx.

You are the UberDude!!:worship:!!!!
:kiss2::in-love::kiss2::in-love::kiss2::in-love::kiss2:

The FDS lessons are as good as :tits: on a Ritz!!!!!

Thank you, thank you, thankyou!!!!!!!

Bram: Can you maybe give us that did not take part a small rundown of what it is that you taught. My braking is the worst in the world, and needs some serious help.
Unfortunately my stupidity and lack of time stopped me from checking in earlier and possibly taking part with the rest of the guys. I will now put this topic under my favourites :)

Now that i have practiced the new braking technique i can truly comment the results. Regarding the time not so much, maybe lost second or two per lap. But the biggest differences are braking points and tyre wear. Before the lesson my braking points were off by staggering 10-20% compared to others! I know that anybody who was behind me was struggling with it cause i was all the time braking so early. Now that problem is gone and i can brake like the rest of the field.

I'm still suffering with the controller problem as i don't own a wheel yet but use a PS2 joypad instead. Half-throttle is still a dream only but hey, that's my problem.. I have find a some kind of compensation by turning the auto-clutch off as it gives me an opportunity to use engine-braking on the last part of braking to get the revs up and get the wheels on the correct speed before putting the "pedal-to-the-metal"..So much more grip at the last part of the turn that it's sometimes mind blowing.

As a result the consistency is up, confidence is up and i can race bumper-to-bumper more as i don't have to be afraid to knock some one out. I can regulate my speed more, when to push and when to drive more relaxed.

And tire wear.. Whoah! Before i destroyed my tyres with Mini in 11-14 laps (on Zandvoort), now i can do 22 laps easily. There are two reasons:i braked so early, long and had lockups all the time. Plus i had to steer much more having my front wheel angle way past the 10-15% what i have read,what is the optimal "oversteer" angle (not to be confused with oversteer as i'm talking about the difference of the racing line and the wheel-angle that has to be more than the corner radius to get past that corner on the correct speed). I had my front tires on full steering lock almost every turn and as you can imagine what that does to tyres.

I have to setup TS on club events so i can ask for more help in the future as these lessons are so rare but SO welcomed. Can't wait for the next one.

Lesson Three "Oversteer - Understeer in a RWD car" - Friday ?? May 2009

Lesson 3 coming up on the 8th or 15th of May 2009. Let me know what date suits you best and hopefully we can create a nice little group again like last time.

Basically the lesson is the same as #2 but now with a real wheel drive car. I was thinking in trying the WTCC 1987 BMW E30 for this lesson. Should be fun!

:party2:

Event start time: 19:00 GMT

Entry list:
  1. Jai Spencer
  2. Dietmar Auferkorte
  3. Theo "407" Loonstra
  4. Bert Van Waes
  5. Bob Luneski

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 42 10.3%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 48 11.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 141 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 240 59.0%