Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
OverTake
Premium
gsc12_01.jpg

Click here for the full gallery of images

Thanks to all who work in Reiza, who together have developed, in my opinion, one of the best packages / games / simulator already developed that is based on the rfactor engine. Really thank you.
I admire and really enjoy the game stock car. I even bought the game. That's why I asked about the release of update date by anxiety and not by criticism.

Reiza Thanks for answering my question.

Sorry my english

I would have gladly paid alot of money for the 2012 release of Game Stock Car. I would also prefer that Reiza Studios takes as much time as they possibly need to make the 2012 Game Stock Car as perfect as they can and heavily tested before releasing it. I have plenty of patience and I can wait as long as it takes. The screenshots, information and fast response to our questions has been most appreciated.

I am kind of curious as to why the new update is free, but I won't ask why. It's not my business.

There are a few reasons. Basically they all revolve around the fact there was never a GSC2012 on the plans when we did GSC, and there still wasnt until very late in 2011. Licencing, sponsorship, distribution deals are all tied to a single product and they go to the end of 2012 at the earliest. Creating a new product would both create some conflict with those deals, and produce new costs of its own. By doing a free update we´re still dealing the same product and thus we avoid those kind of issues.

We do expect a boost in sales as it seems there are still many people in the world who havent bought GSC yet ;) Looking at the finished article now though it could be said we got a bit carried away relative to what we at first intended to do with this update. It´s what happens when you put developers in charge, they tend to have trouble drawing a line :)

Anyway, the purchase option will still be available for owners of the original GSC, you´re all welcome to bring a friend in to the party!

I bought the game now, only the feedback plugin that I used in other titles from the GSC demo, worth all the money purchase, so to thank Reiza I bought the license.

Now this big surprise of the 2012 update. :)

Possibly been said already but what about having GSC and any other releases on Steam also. Not sure what would be involved in order to do so? But many people I know never heard of Simbin and purchased Race 07 and many other games thru steam. Just an idea, don't want to get anybody upset about saying the word STEAM.

Cheers!

[quote="Paul Nadon, post: 1184442, member: But many people I know never heard of Simbin and purchased Race 07 and many other games thru steam![/quote]

That's how I got to know about, and I still drive the Sim to this day. It couldn't hurt the games status to be on steam, but Reiza must have their reasons why they don't have the Sim posted on there

The revenue share Steam charges is quite substantial. You´d reach a lot more people and certainly sell more, but it´s uncertain whether the bottom line would make it the better strategy - not with a product as niche as GSC is, which is primarily geared to brazilians / hardcore simracers. For other types of games it´s more straightfoward and certainly worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.0%
  • Monthly

Votes: 29 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 37 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.3%