good and bad weather SUITE

Misc good and bad weather SUITE 2.5.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
It should be placed in the /content/texture folder . I think the issue was I installed the gbw_suite update by dragging the downloaded file onto CM and having that install it (which works with most mods), but for whatever reason it just didn't unzip that specific folder into the textures folder.

Due to some changings in my scripting, i can do now some sub-sceneries more precisely. Additional to the dusk&dawn sceneries in some weather, there is now place for things like morning fog. Here is the weather "few clouds" with fog between 8:31-9:30. When sliding the time from 8:31 to 9:30 the fog is getting less and less.

8:31
HpofvTl.jpg

9:15
9yEcMrn.jpg

The main feature of gbwSuite 2.1 will be temperature inluence to the weather.
Some weather will look different with the chosen temperature. This will crank up the varity of the weather...

• Deleted member 197115

Is it just me or clouds look less defined in this update, not as dramatic and mostly fuzzy.

• Deleted member 197115

Do you use gbwS Reshade?
Yes, I do and use the latest CM. Copied everything from install package.
Seems like Fat-Alfie https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-8#post-2753741
and MeMyselfAndI https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-8#post-2753763
reported something similar. Are cloud textures new or just sky contrast got lowered, clouds definitely missing some punch and definition.

Yes, I do and use the latest CM. Copied everything from install package.
Seems like Fat-Alfie https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-8#post-2753741
and MeMyselfAndI https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.146850/page-8#post-2753763
reported something similar. Are cloud textures new or just sky contrast got lowered, clouds definitely missing some punch and definition.
I use an additional shader in gbwS Reshade. "Deband". It softens parts of the picture with less detail. Maybe it is better for you to deactivate it...

• Deleted member 197115

I use an additional shader in gbwS Reshade. "Deband". It softens parts of the picture with less detail. Maybe it is better for you to deactivate it...
Thanks Peter, will definitely try it out.

EDIT: No visible effect on the clouds enabling or disabling Deband.
Still looks terrific, could be just my eyes or faded memory on how it looked before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must agree, the clouds seem less evident in v2.0

Few Clouds is my go-to weather, and in v2.0, sometimes I start the session and the sky only seems hazy, not cloudy. Latter in the lap and after a change of direction the clouds become more noticeable, but I no longer start AC and get that "wow!" impression that I did with v1.3

I hadn't posted about it before because I wanted to do some A/B testing. I will do that tomorrow and take some screenshots.

I also always used a Few Clouds v1.3 as my go to weather, now I am switching from v1.3 to v2.0 if I want any other weather.

The other weathers looks great but I miss the awesome Few Clouds that was in v1.3.

WIP Update
I almost finished the redone "few clouds" weather.

F E A T U R E L I S T

- custom lighting
weather's time span: 5:00-21:00
sun angle adapted to: 7:00-19:00 (12h - day of equinox)

- time-dependent
05:00 - 06:29 Dawn ( without visible sun )
06:30 - 07:00 Sunrise
07:01 - 08:30 sloping morning fog
09:00 - 18:59 pro "few clouds" textures
19:00 - 19:30 Sunset
19:31 - 21:00 Dusk ( without visible sun )

- temperature-dependent
base temperature: 20°
0° - 36° from cold to hot
adapted road temperature coefficient

- car lights
auto on from 5:00-7:00 and 19:00-21:00

18:00 - 20° Celsius
NOF8iof.jpg

18:00 - 0° Celsius
8DvtWFC.jpg

18:00 - 36° Celsius
c039rBP.jpg

5:00 dawn - without visible sun (first minute)
aMLsoD6.jpg

6:00 dawn - without visible sun
vKHpYMx.jpg

6:30 sunrise (first minute)
1hNtnlW.jpg

7:01 morning fog (first minute)
BE3jMdm.jpg

13:00 highest sun
9kUgR0P.jpg

Remember this is just 1 weather. With every choosen time you can set a different temperature and the scenery will get colder or hotter.

This looks absolutely amazing and is indeed one hell of a feature list!
Who would have thought this would be possible with Assetto Corsa just a few years ago!

I am very much looking forward to this.

Out of curiosity - would it be actually possible to use the non standard weather settings in online racing if all involved have the mod including the server or is this completely out of the question ?

This looks absolutely amazing and is indeed one hell of a feature list!
Who would have thought this would be possible with Assetto Corsa just a few years ago!

I am very much looking forward to this.

Out of curiosity - would it be actually possible to use the non standard weather settings in online racing if all involved have the mod including the server or is this completely out of the question ?
So far there is no solution. Sadly

It just moves the single lightsource and blends between 2 values for low and high angle. So it will not do all the different sets while driving. But with every generation the scenery is stable for 1 hour with 1x time progression. The engine is not very flexible for such things...

thank you very much.
one question:
with gbwreshade it looks much brighter than with the suite. Especially the cockpit is with the suite a little dark.
Is this correct?

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%