Fresh temp install on AMD 3200G - Vega8 Graphics

mount gpl iso
run GPLPS v0.8 installer
restart PC
run GPL make first name for 1967
check GPL inspector/enable indexing for Sierra folder ( I disable elsewhere )
run GEM installer
run Spa '67 installer
run spa '67
close GPL
enable Hi texture mod ( JSGM folder is just example )
Result :)

I have things to try other then Intel/Nvidia now :)
Only sound I have is USB and bluetooth headphones
Have not tried gaming set but sounds nice with TV set BT 4.40
Onboard audio disabled in chipset so no bugs

Last edited:
There is no real reason for me, to play GPL anymore, to be honest, but this is one of the best looking reimaginations of this game...if you think, THIS is the way, GPL looked graphically at its time, do some research, it was WAY worse :D They have pumped it up to 11 in terms of visuals compared to the original.

In terms of physics, GPL is a sharp edged knife under your butt, waiting for you to fall over in a pit of snakes...it's hard to drive, but you can get into it and get a pretty nice feel for your ride, drive it on pedals fighting it on its and your personal limits. I remember, driving it with an InterAct V4 Wheel, it had a built in spring to center it by itself, it had FFB, but self allignment was something very "theoretical". The first time, i've played it, i was a young kid with no clue, how to even stay on track with the understeer, i didn't even know, what understeer meant :D

It had its limitations, in physics, feel, equipment and calculating power...so of course it isn't groundbreaking anymore, today.

I prefer the AMS Formula Vintage cars and the AC GPL mod by a million miles with modern toys to steer it, but for its time, GPL was an eye opener, what is possible with personal computers, also immersing you into classic grand prix cars, like NOTHING else, so nothing wrong with indulging in nostalgia sometimes.^^

lucky you, it is called Assetto Corsa.
You're reading something about a good AI and associating it with AC right after it? Are you serious? :D :D (or you were referring to the content side, the GPL mod is VERY heartwarmingly good, yeah!)

Papyrus was indeed known for pretty decent AI back in the days...also the collision model isn't as bouncy, as in AC...(Damage killed you, though :D )
So they're all showing their weakness over time, also the foundation of AC is quite dated, ACC is a HUGE step forward in AI development.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 955978

I just finished a lap of the Targa Florio, crossing the S/F line with what felt only one wheel attached... what a lap.

Still the best Targa up to this day. Worth installing only for that. (And the revamped Spa ofc.)

i got a 3000 euro setup, im playing real sim games that look good and have awesome graphics, so i dont understand your comment about need for speed? No hard feeling though...

Last edited by a moderator:
you buy a 3000 dollar setup and rig, and you play this, come on.....seriously?

I understand your point, But GPL still has your valour, old tracks like Monza, Targa Florio, Spa (specially) are very accurate, hard to find this quality in another sim, and really nice 50\60s F1 mods. Of course, in many ways GPL are outdated. but still worth keep in your PC to race sometimes.

• Deleted member 955978

Their is nothing serious about this thread, sanity has left this building a long time ago, next they are going to say they are waiting on GT3. This thread is a farce, we might as well enjoy it as such. It looks like what is trendy at RD this week is to praise what is wrong with SIM racing and play pretend you are a special being driving the un drivable and those seeing the emperor naked for what it is are the one with an issue.
Stop trolling and go away now!

GPL is what first got me into sim racing. I even bought a Microsoft FFB wheel especially for it! It was certainly groundbreaking in its day but, sadly, that day is long gone. It's great to have a quick play for the nostalgia of it but it's not something that I'd keep on my system. Things have moved on!

Sorry - but I have seen so many times that these GPL modding guys have access to the GPL source code.
And sometimes I have also seen it mentioned that to the contrary of iRacings property the holy NR2003 code the GPL code was somewhat made public("open source").
And on the background of all the lawsuits Kaemmer/iRacing opened against any messing with the NR2003 code - I concluded that the only way these GPL modding guys could get hand on the GPL code was if Papyrus had offered it to them for free.:)

But its my own conclusion. :sleep:
And I have not made any serious research to back it up.
But I think the story sounds nice.:p
But OK maybe a lil hippie-ish.:geek::geek::geek:
I´ve been with the GPL mods team since 2003 and we never received any source code from Papyrus. When iRacing begun making problems to modders about the NR2003 code, we asked them if we could continue modding by tweaking the GPL code, and their answer was that we could go on. They were not interested in the GPL.exe code.

Their is nothing serious about this thread, sanity has left this building a long time ago, next they are going to say they are waiting on GTR3. This thread is a farce, we might as well enjoy it as such. It looks like what is trendy at RD this week is to praise what is wrong with SIM racing and play pretend you are a special being, driving the un drivable and those seeing the emperor naked for what it is are the one with an issue. GPL is not driving simulation, it is a difficult task game some bored people pretend to like, spending time in GPL when we have so many great SIM available, if you are into driving simulation, is total insanity.
Luckily the player base of gpl is so small that next to it RF2 looks like a popular game, still very noisy on RD.
Thanks for your opinion, but you are not talking only about GPL. You are talking about people who likes GPL, and you are insulting them, us. In fact, you show you have no idea of what a driving simulation is.
Have a nice day.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%