I understand your point, But GPL still has your valour, old tracks like Monza, Targa Florio, Spa (specially) are very accurate, hard to find this quality in another sim, and really nice 50\60s F1 mods. Of course, in many ways GPL are outdated. but still worth keep in your PC to race sometimes.
those tracks are in every sim...so whats the point, i dont run high resolution to play this, makes no sense...but fine by me,.....hahaha, mario kart looks even better it really does.

I understand your point, But GPL still has your valour, old tracks like Monza, Targa Florio, Spa (specially) are very accurate, hard to find this quality in another sim, and really nice 50\60s F1 mods. Of course, in many ways GPL are outdated. but still worth keep in your PC to race sometimes.
You haven't played the F1 1965 mod for rF1 (which was converted and improved from GPL with permissions) or the scratch made F1 1958 mod for rF1 (released last year) or all the GPL tracks that were converted and updated for rF1 and GTL/GTR2 then. And so on and on and on.
There's very little to GPL that still makes it unique and worth playing today, as there are more recent and better alternatives to drive the same cars on the same trucks; often, quite literally.

Their is nothing serious about this thread, sanity has left this building a long time ago, next they are going to say they are waiting on GTR3. This thread is a farce, we might as well enjoy it as such. It looks like what is trendy at RD this week is to praise what is wrong with SIM racing and play pretend you are a special being, driving the un drivable and those seeing the emperor naked for what it is are the one with an issue. GPL is not driving simulation, it is a difficult task game some bored people pretend to like, spending time in GPL when we have so many great SIM available, if you are into driving simulation, is total insanity.
Luckily the player base of gpl is so small that next to it RF2 looks like a popular game, still very noisy on RD.

I have no interest in trying out GPL2020 myself because it looks some effort is required to make it work.

Nevertheless, you really cannot see that your post is offensive? You aren't merely expressing opinion about GPL, you're attacking people that enjoy it. I don't know what pushed your button, but clearly for some unknown reason you are throwing a tantrum. Why such rage?

BTW, AC is far from perfect, why the need to bring it here? Surely people here realize AC exists, yet there are enthusiasts that want to enjoy renewed Grand Prix Legends, for whatever reasons.
Some folks enjoy AC, some enjoy GPL, yet others enjoy both. Let it go. GPL WORLD put a lot of work into it, made it available for free for those enthusiasts that are interested in it.

I have no interest in trying out GPL2020 myself because it looks some effort is required to make it work.......

Actually, it was quite an easy installation. Configuration was easy too. IMO -- All surprisingly straightforward if you don't try adding other tracks and cars to it.

As someone else have said before, respect for other sim lovers. i played GPL several years on the past. i still race sometimes in a spanish league. if you don´t want to test it, ok, no problem. the game is old, and grahipcs and phisics too. please, when 20 years go by tell by if you are still playing AC, rF2 and other, or still thinking as nowdays, and you change from one to other sim several times.

People are we all forgotten about AUTOMOBILISTA 1.......thats still great, smooth, good game play, sounds great, many tracks, cars and mods available......so why bother looking at a 22 year old game....c'mon

I don't know what pushed your button, but clearly for some unknown reason you are throwing a tantrum. Why such rage?

You are totally right, I am not sure why it irritates me so much, but it does. Time to let go. Congratulation for all who enjoy GPL for this amazing work of love.

not pestering, but be serious, such an old game on such expensive rigs, its the same bying a ferrari and putting an old Golf motor in it, caus it reminds you of the good old days.....but have fun, im not being a troll, its realistic.....and its 3000 euros

I´ve been with the GPL mods team since 2003 and we never received any source code from Papyrus. When iRacing begun making problems to modders about the NR2003 code, we asked them if we could continue modding by tweaking the GPL code, and their answer was that we could go on. They were not interested in the GPL.exe code.
Thank you Arturo:thumbsup:
Then it looks like the old hippie BrunoB was "slightly":sleep: wrong when he supposed that nice Mistar Kaemmer and the Papyrus team had offered the GPL code to the modding world completely for free.
Cruel world - cant we have the orig Woodstock back? :geek:

hippie car.jpg

@jeroenalmere Well apparently it is something that brings them some good emotions, so it is worth THE TIME.

The same way like various simcades are being used by guys like you. I could just the same ask you why a person with 1000 reddit upvotes rig (because thats what all simracing is about now - rigs) play Project Cars, why not actually something better ? But that is because that is what a person want to do.

At the end of the day time is most valuable, definitely not the rig. And why someone should care what me or you tells them to do, just shut up.

Their is nothing serious about this thread, sanity has left this building a long time ago, next they are going to say they are waiting on GTR3. This thread is a farce, we might as well enjoy it as such. It looks like what is trendy at RD this week is to praise what is wrong with SIM racing and play pretend you are a special being, driving the un drivable and those seeing the emperor naked for what it is are the one with an issue. GPL is not driving simulation, it is a difficult task game some bored people pretend to like, spending time in GPL when we have so many great SIM available, if you are into driving simulation, is total insanity.
Luckily the player base of gpl is so small that next to it RF2 looks like a popular game, still very noisy on RD.

gsRiMq4.jpg

why are you here?...shouldn't you be on Stefano's lap?

not pestering, but be serious, such an old game on such expensive rigs, its the same bying a ferrari and putting an old Golf motor in it, caus it reminds you of the good old days.....but have fun, im not being a troll, its realistic.....and its 3000 euros
Playing old games with new game controllers and platforms, nothing more it is, what's the issue? Stop being so pretentious, while (sry but) smellin' your own farts about how many dollars are gone into a piece of computer gaming equipment.

I could argue, you could save the money and go karting or on track to do the real deal...instead of playing around...(it's the same logic, basically)

BuT SiMuLaTiOnS aReN'T gAmEs....is the next, what comes, i guess :sneaky:

Last edited:
Nvidia inspector?? What and why?

From the demo website/ instructions/ readme:

How to get the best graphics?
The GPL 2020 Demo comes already with optimized graphics settings in the core.ini file which is located in your main demo folder C:\GPL 2020 Demo\.
But you can improve the graphics inside your graphics card driver menu. If you are using a NVIDIA graphics card, I recommend using the NVIDIA Profile Inspector for advanced graphics settings. The Antialiasing Supersampling is e.g. not adjustable in the standard NVIDIA control panel.

In other words, if you want to get the GPL 2020 Demo or full GPL looking as good as possible (for a 22-year-old game ;) ) you can do so with NVIDIA Profile Inspector as it gives you settings that are not possible within the standard NVIDIA control panel. NVIDIA Profile Inspector is also useful for other games, also modern games.

I see where it explains how to add tracks, but exactly where is that it explains how to add cars (specifically the original GPL cars)?

You can install new mods to the demo as described on the website/ instructions/ readme using the 1955 F1 mod for example.

But copying the original GPL cars (be it from CD or updated with GPLEA graphics) into the demo will cause problems, because the demo is missing several .ini files that are needed to make it work.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.4%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%