I love how a youtuber discribed it:
daddy said we would go to the baseball game but something came up, we'll go next time if everything goes to plan. But when we go you'll get an extra hot dog!

Reactions: Si
League racing probably not, but we are looking to have some events. And maybe if things get active we might consider something like that, but it is not currently in the plans.

GTA V.jpg

The official GTA V PC release date is only two weeks away now. Reason enough for the PC fans of the series to get excited. On April 14th, after two delays, we can finally play the much appraised Rockstar Title on PC.

GTA V is already a much discussed game since its initial reveal for PS3 and XboX 360. Once again Rockstar managed to push the boundaries of what is acceptable in gaming and what is not. By introducing amazing graphics, adding armed robberies of stores and making Los Santos feel like it is really alive by paying attention to the smallest details, such as wildlife, a stock exchange, people talking on the streets with usefull hints on what is about to happen in Los Santos. Things that happen there are things that can happen in everyday life on the street of many world cities. They blurred the line between games and life even further and paid attention to the littlest details.

GTA Online had some major issues when coming online, but Rockstar overcame the problems, patched up everything nicely and is now constantly adding new features so you will never lose the fun in GTA. And there is still more to come. Rockstar has not stood still after announcing next-gen releases. Adding more and more cars, weapons and even online missions to the game and they currently show no signs of stopping to add these free DLC’s after adding the Online Heists last March 10th. They are rumoured to have started working on a story enhancing DLC for single player mode to be released in the future as well.

A few months after its initial release, Rockstar announced there will be next-gen versions coming. PS4 and XboX One uses are already having the time of their lives with all new next-gen features. Larger online lobbies, more vehicles, denser traffic, more wildlife, more little details in city life and last but certainly not least: First-person mode. A few months back Rockstar finally confirmed the launch date for PC. January 27th, 2015.

This release date came too soon however and, after postponing a first time, they postponed the release to April 14th. This has been a long wait, but it will be all worth it. GTA V features 4k resolution at 60 FPS where consoles will not surpass 1080p resolution. PC users can also use triple screen setups and utilize the build in video editor to create the best videos ready for uploading to the internet.

At RaceDepartment we are looking to host some fun events in GTA V, providing a platform to meet up with others in a different setting as our racing clubs. Are you interested? Do you have a pre-order waiting to arrive? Please let us know in the comment section below and I hope to see you in Los Santos soon.

Minimum specifications:
  • OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2* (*NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
  • Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
  • Memory: 4GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, 11)
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive
Recommended specifications:
  • OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
  • Memory: 8GB
  • Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB
  • Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
  • HDD Space: 65GB
  • DVD Drive

Yeah, I bit on the pre-order when I saw it 20% off. I knew I was going to play it eventually, and I did want to do multiplayer, so its always good to get in early so you aren't constantly playing catch-up.

I'd be interested in RD-sponsored events over random match-making. Those are a crap shoot. I get annoyed easily with trash-talking 13 year olds...

Also, I'm playing the original San Andreas on my tablet in anticipation. Fun game, horrible poly count. What a long way we've come in games.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.2%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.4%