Resource icon

Cars Gravity Racer 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Lo_Scassatore submitted a new resource:

Gravity Racer - Soapbox cart for downhill only

Hi,

This is my first creation for Assetto Corsa. A gravity racer AKA soapbox cart for downhill races without engine.

It comes with a small engine with a single gear in order to provide only the first push before the free downhill run.

Project is still under development and updates will come soon... Enjoy.View attachment 364577

Read more about this resource...

so the brake force needs to come way down. i changed it from 2400 to 400 and that was a bit too far so i think 500-800 would be good. im not sure how these are in real life but i noticed it has 0 caster which makes the ffb basically non existent as far as feeling cornering force. i tried moving the front upper ball joint rearward from 0 to -0.05 and that gave it about 14 degrees of caster. maybe a bit excessive in real life but it felt much nicer to drive in this case. also i noticed the damper numbers are pretty high for the springs, but again, not sure how these are in real life, it might be accurate. i can say it felt a little sluggish to settle into a corner and less damper may help that. i didnt try any other values though because i dont know enough about ac damping to know exactly where it should be. anyway, keep up the good work! id love to see online races with these one day

I get this error when trying to load the current version -

Annotation 2020-05-01 164950.png

Guys, make sure that the old version of the car is TOTALLY REMOVED from your "cars" folder before installing new versions.

In this case, make sure that the file "blurred_objects" in "data" folder isn't still present (it has been removed since version 0.4 BETA and is not used anymore).

You need to end the power.lut with a 0 value at the highest rpm.
You can get the car up to crazy speeds by putting the clutch in revving it all the way and slipping the clutch.

so the brake force needs to come way down. i changed it from 2400 to 400 and that was a bit too far so i think 500-800 would be good. im not sure how these are in real life but i noticed it has 0 caster which makes the ffb basically non existent as far as feeling cornering force. i tried moving the front upper ball joint rearward from 0 to -0.05 and that gave it about 14 degrees of caster. maybe a bit excessive in real life but it felt much nicer to drive in this case. also i noticed the damper numbers are pretty high for the springs, but again, not sure how these are in real life, it might be accurate. i can say it felt a little sluggish to settle into a corner and less damper may help that. i didnt try any other values though because i dont know enough about ac damping to know exactly where it should be. anyway, keep up the good work! id love to see online races with these one day
Can you show how you did that in the suspensions file? I'd love to give this car some caster.

This is great fun mate, well done and looks awesome.
I reworked the power lut file to behave like a small electric helper motor, and allow recovery if you crash the car on the way down a hill.
Code:
0|70
20|70
30|60
40|50
50|40
60|30
70|20
80|10
90|00
The brakes are much too powerful for a 360Kg car?
Brakes value works well at 400Nm
I'm sure a gravity racer wouldn't weigh 360Kg?
This one weighed 200Kg when it crashed

Can you show how you did that in the suspensions file? I'd love to give this car some caster.
ive gotten the newest version since then so i forgot exactly what number i put in, but its WBTYRE_TOP you want. make the 3rd number lower to move it rearward. the numbers are in meters so whatever equates to a few centimeters should be enough.

edit i just noticed i wrote in the other post the number i used. so ya, change the 3rd number next to WBTYRE_TOP from 0 to -0.05

Last edited:
Lo_Scassatore updated Gravity Racer with a new update entry:

New 2.0 version released!!

Hi gravity fans! Here we come with a new series of major updates...
First, we'll start with a KERS that will replace the old engine, to provide the "first push" in a more efficent and precise way (i hope).
KERS pushes the car only if the speed is less than 10 km/h.
In this way, in a competitive enviroment, you can force all the drivers to start without fuel, and make sure that they can just start from still and no other.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 243 34.1%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 195 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 134 18.8%
  • Watch party

Votes: 59 8.3%
  • At a friends house