UPDATE....I just received a reply from Codies. It is this......

Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Other / not stated.

We have only tested the wheels listed as officially supported I'm afraid.

If your controller is not in the list it may still work with the game either fully or with limited functionality but it is not officially supported. When using an unsupported wheel, you will need to use the custom setup and define each action yourself, as the game will not recognise your device automatically.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services

Thanks for getting this all started Robert, it's certainly looking to be an interesting game. You've given plenty of food for thought with all that info and i'll come back with more but i'm just wondering how the 'flashbacks' can be implemented in an onine game? Any ideas on that one? It seem a bit of an odd one to me and would usually only be incorporated into the offline mode of racing. Am I missing something here?

Last edited:
Whenever the 'sim' word gets bandied around it brings forth a lot of emotive comment. Personally I agree with what Dave said in so far as although I love the sim aspect of many of the PC racing titles and loved them back in the day when I was racing on the PC (and more importantly had more time ot devote to them). Right now I am looking for something that doesn't require me to spend too long tinkering with the setups to get something that enalbes me to be competitive. If this new title gets the balance right and gives us a bit more than the current F1 title (on Xbox at least) then I will probably be more than happy.

I have never tried the previous Grid titles so cannot comment on the 'simness' of those but with regard to F1 2013 in comparison to 'hardcore' sims then it would have to fall far more towards the arcade than the sim in my view. Setup and handling wise there is just not the complexity to bring it up towards the true sim level. However, that is fine as far as I am concerned as it was never meant to be a hardcore sim but rather something that anyone can pick up and get comfortable with. It has enough to keep plenty of us (especially those that are restricted to the console area) playing and enjoying it many months after it's release.

If Grid Autosport can just improve on certain aspects of it then I am sure it will find a good audience.

Good stuff. I agree. And wanted to give you a preview of what the adjustments will be like in GRID A/S. Take a look at this at 0.23 mins. Looks like it's not too deep, but just about on par with F1 except for maybe the gearing. However, you can adjust the differential. All of them on a sliding scale, like F1.
(Also notice that the cars don't take damage that easily when they touch. That's a good sign, IMO, because there is a deep damage model somewhere in there, but no pits. Also, the cockpit view is nice. You have to go to the replay part to get glimpses of it, since this guy is using the dash cam, not the wider angle cockpit cam.)

No, I'm on the same page as you are, but I've tried them in GRID2 online and what they do is basically put you on track in a safe place (with some pre-screen warning) about as far behind as you would have been had you pitted. While it's artificial and I don't like it, it may be on option for people who just get totally smashed and can't go on but could if they could pit. Of course, if the damage model is not that strict (although it is deep) then maybe it will not be needed.

Yes I agree, I'm not cancelling my pre-order. That's the way it is with F1 2013. I map everything, and it says "Custom"

It's good news actually. I wish FM4 and all games were custom mappable on the 360, instead of presets.

No doubt. 16 in singleplayer and 16 in F1. Wonder why not here? BUt the races are shorter and the cars less fragile. Plus we can always pick the non GP track (sort of like the Aussie V8 Supercars at COTA) to keep the crowd bunched.

Generally either loved or hated, but I'm in between. I remember in Race Pro the Dash was not blurred out, but it was useless as far as instrumentation went, so I had to run the telemetry on the side anyway. But since it was, well, Race Pro, I didn't care. In fact, if Codemasters' theory is correct, your focus is really on the track, and your senses (mostly sound and sight, but also orientation) tell you when to shift and how fast you are going. No extra crap (DRS, KERS) to worry about. And from my real track experience, that's very true. You don't look at the gauges unless something goes wrong. lol.

In Custom Cup (on line create your own series), you can go up to 40 mins. That's pretty long for us old farts. We could string together 36 of those for your LeMans race Bram! :thumbsup:

It kills off about as much as a pit stop would for that lap, and you may lose spots depending.

BTW, More cars and ALL tracks confirmed (SPA!!!!), including Redbull Ring, Istanbul, and Indianapolis Oval.

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 255 34.0%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 205 27.3%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 142 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 61 8.1%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.4%