ACC GT World Challenge Europe Endurance @ Spa Francorchamps - Saturday 2nd May 2020

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event
Wow! Really enjoyed this one. Struggled to keep concentrated towards the end and had to manage my fuel like I never had to before, it was really close. Great fights with a lot of guys here, respect.:thumbsup: And had no problem with back markers this time. Hope I wasn’t in the way as well. :whistling:
Until next time!

That was good fun. Thanks a lot for organizing.
I had a scary moment in my first pit stop when the car was not re-fueled so I stopped again after few laps and was able to drive till the end with full tank.
DT penalty and P8 at the end.
Sorry I messed up my push to talk so could not reply during the race.
See you in the next race!

If any one should have the replay file of the server 2 race..
I forgot to record it..

I have the majority of it apart from the start but I am in need of the start too for a project i'm working on. Someone did say that they will send it to me so will happily share all three when i have them.

Does anyone have the full replay i would quite look to see it.

++ for Server 1

Definitely my longest race done so far (think 90 min at bathurst was the previous longest). Start was ok, and I was following a good group that looked to be competitive all race long, then I caught the inside curb at Eau Rouge on lap 5 and smashed up the car pretty bad. Limped around to the pits and sorry for anyone that I caused problems for on the way back in. Hitting the brakes would spin the car around. That put me a lap down very early and had to do a full tank stint on one set of tires just so I didn't have to pit a 3rd time.

About 3/4 through the race I tangled a bit with @Dexter even though I was a lap down to him just because I wanted to do a little bit of racing :devilish:. After I tried a few things I let him go cuz I had some aliens on my tail that I needed to let by and was letting other competitors for him catch up.

2.5 hour race actually didn;t feel that bad or long for me, but it is nice to have a mid day race instead of having to get up at 3am to race with the Aussies :).

Most disheartening thing during the session. Being up 0.75s on my qualifying time only to have @speedyx56 to pass me like I was standing still :alien:

Thanks for setting it all up, it was quite fun, 5 stars, would race again....where can I sign up for your newsletter? :)

Thanks guys. Really enjoyed the second server race tonight.

Finally after all these months not being able to properly race this was an epic race for a comeback in a new sim. What hasn't changed was the clean racing and gentlemen behavior on track. Well done to all and see you next time.

I've never had any issues raised before for streaming any of the races previously.

Never even been asked before.

I'll mute TS next time
Pretty clear explained in our racing rules linked in the first post and on video. Rule #11

If you have been streaming our TS conversations tonight I kindly ask for full removal of the video as streaming TeamSpeak without approval is an absolute no go as some people have strong objections against their conversations being broadcasted to thousands of people on YouTube without being notified.

Streaming is super cool and much appreciated but just mention it in TeamSpeak and ask if people have objections if they are being streamed.

Last edited:
streaming TeamSpeak without approval is an absolute no go

Doesn't bother me personally as I'm aware such things could be streamed so I'm careful. However there has been an extremely high profile situation recently where a pro racing driver destroyed his career saying something, admittedly very stupid, on teamspeak / discord on a stream.

what a race!!

Started 21st and finished 20th!! No wait...there is a story here. Car felt good in race trim. Despite running too much wing and being slow on the straights, I was able to climb to 15th and run with the guys around me. For so many laps....a 10th here a 10th there...lapping within a few 10ths lap after lap - just awesome.

First pit stop and back into a nice rhythm. A good result was on the cards. Except....main monitor turned off and reverted to the laptop screen. Yep...into the wall hard. Switched the monitor back and staggered back to the pits. Sever damage to the front. Lost about 2 laps as I got back to the pits and repaired damage.

Out again in 26th - head down and strong lapping. Thanks to those that let me pass and unlap myself. Up to 20th by the finish and very happy with my race pace - potential top 10 with luck. For sure not on the top guys pace - but who cares...cos it was such fun tonight :)

Didn't have a lot of time to practice so I was quite slow but focused on using practice and qualifying to get some consistent albeit slow laps in. Was improving by race start so I felt fairly confident of having a nice race.

This lasted for the outlap as before the first corner, a ferrari shaped ballistic missile ran into me at race start (going for "that gap" I am sure) and my steering wheel had to be at 90 degrees for the car to move forward. Had to go into the pits not before getting wrecked again by two cars involved in an accident and then when I finally got into the pits, my wheel dpad stopped working and I couldn't stop the refueling and stopped changing the tires. It was changing to a worn set i had used in practice to boot which would have made me have to pit in again to swap them so feeling really annoyed and with no concentration at all I decided to quit after one lap. I can honestly say that this was my worst online racing experience in ACC to date. It stings a bit more that it is a race I paid to get access to. Not pleased.

Accidents happen and all that but this was just stupid. I mean, we all know how chaotic turn one can be but this was on a straight! Whoever that driver was, he quit the race before I did so all he did was a warmup lap and then wreck a few cars and abandon the race. Those were 4 hours of my life I won't get back...

Pretty clear explained in our racing rules linked in the first post and on video. Rule #11

If you have been streaming our TS conversations tonight I kindly ask for full removal of the video as streaming TeamSpeak without approval is an absolute no go as some people have strong objections against their conversations being broadcasted to thousands of people on YouTube without being notified.

Streaming is super cool and much appreciated but just mention it in TeamSpeak and ask if people have objections if they are being streamed.
I did not know that so apologies.

I can remove the audio if required,

Does anybody from server 2 wish for me to remove the audio from the video that is uploaded?

I will remember to ask in future.

As an update:

I can mute the audio for the entire video, I can't seemingly mute out only the parts with chatter so if there are objections to the capture of TS tonight I'll do that.

I have blurred out the 10 or so odd seconds where you can see the TS window (This is currently processing as we speak).

I will go through and edit the remaining videos accordingly (Blurring of TS) and will confirm if I need to remove the audio from any other videos.

Once again I apologise if anyone has taken offence, and if you'd rather tell me in private to remove the audio please DM me so I can sort it right away.

I'll finish up the edits tomorrow.

Thanks.

Guys, thanks for the exccelent race, my first one organised by race department. Started 7th finished 7th on server 2. Did a 1:20:500 not amazing but overall i am satisfied. Unfortunately i was involved in 3 accidents-and i am sad about it- and i feel bad because some guys mocked me like i am Maldonado or something and i am pretty confident that none was my fault. Thanks a lot to mr. Glover and the guy at server 2(sry can't remember his name) for their help. Looking forward to race again with you, great experience. That being said, i play with bumper cam and in ACC specifically its the worst implementation of bumper cam i have ever experienced in a game and i don't feel confident at all to push.

1st of all, thx to the organizers, superbly done :thumbsup: indeed. No issues what so ever.
2ndly, I was working all day on my new project Motegi (for AC which will be available shortly - now I`m in a final stage), so my eyes were like squares before even the race had begun. Hardly managed 1st row in Q, @speedyx56 being way infront - awesome pole time.
3rdly, 1st stint was more or less like a disaster, completely missed tire pressures, so was struggling through out all the stint with my car, fighting with an oversteer constantly, but still managed to keep my 2nd place.
4thly, had issues with both of my pit stops, where I lost at least 15-20 seconds because of car-not-releasing from my pitspot - ACC issues and my steering wheel.
Anyway, driving was quite well, based on all the issues I had, so managed to come home in 2nd place, way behind @speedyx56 - congrats mate, amazing job.

Last edited:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 123 86.0%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 16.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 42 29.4%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 49 34.3%