AC GT2/3 @Spa 2hours - Wed 22nd July

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I still don't have the slightest idea how some guys can brake so late and so fast.

Because they are aliens. :p

2407071913_b5da61843c.jpg

Strange thing regarding the test race 2 nights ago. My fuel usage was about 5.8 litres per lap, and then the server was restarted, and we did the test race and I ran out of fuel. Now I see my usage is up to about 7.9 litres per lap. The 5.8 per lap as far as I know, was on 225%, as quoted below:
that's odd! just checked this 1 minute ago...fuel was set at 220% which just gives you 5% leeway! this has not been changed and a average of about 7-8 litres is what you would expect....since at 100% fuel you would use 3.2 litres (ish)

Not sure how you were getting only 5.8 litres a lap :)

that's odd! just checked this 1 minute ago...fuel was set at 220% which just gives you 5% leeway! this has not been changed and a average of about 7-8 litres is what you would expect....since at 100% fuel you would use 3.2 litres (ish)

Not sure how you were getting only 5.8 litres a lap :)

Lol. So weird. OK I'll go on 7.8 then... I distinctly remember doing 11 laps on 64 litres before the restart, and the tool showing 5.86. :p Even did my calculations based on that.

Clearly it's some bug then, not sure if with the tool or without it though.

Lol. So weird. OK I'll go on 7.8 then... I distinctly remember doing 11 laps on 64 litres before the restart, and the tool showing 5.86. :p Even did my calculations based on that.

Clearly it's some bug then, not sure if with the tool or without it though.
ive found some of the tools to be less than accurate... I really on good old trial and error and a calculator/pen and paper :roflmao:

@xnorb think of the wear to there tyres mate...endurance race...slow and steady wins the day! ;)

think of the wear to there tyres mate...endurance race...slow and steady wins the day! ;)
My driving style is best described as "slow but steady" anyways :)

In pub races i usually gain at least 8 places without even overtaking a single car :D

I drive for fun, so it's not a biggie :)

Also, how strict will track limits be? You could easily lose half a second on a lap if you adhere to the white lines, this was clear in the test race on Monday, and I'm slow enough already so I don't wanna disadvantage myself even more by being a good boy.
Have driven more or less than 1000 laps in this combo (plus 400 with the Formula master) I can tell the advantage you gain is about .4 sec, mainly at the exit of Eau Rouge (going inside, about .1 sec), the exit of Bruxelles, after the hairpin (going wide in the astroturf about .2 sec) and the exit of Campus (about .1 sec as you lose some traction for the straight). BUT with that .4 sec there comes the risk of spinning, as if you make the slightest of mistakes you will hit either the gravel or a very sliding section of the track (grass or the outside Tarmac).
Also if you make a clean driving it will be better for the tyres in the long run and a good clean driver can reduce the gap to .2 sec or make it even, specially on worn out tyres.
It's all about being consistent and braking as late as possible.
Hope this helped:thumbsup:

If someone wants a good app for testing fuel usage I recommend "fast dash for assetto corsa" is a good free app on iOS store (I don't know if it is available for Android and WP). You just have to download a server app from their site and you are good to go!
PS: I had some issues in the past with stuttering using this app, it was gone after the 1.0 update of AC (probably due to the sound latency settings) so it may be game related. But for a 2 hour event I think a warning would come in handy;)

Have driven more or less than 1000 laps in this combo (plus 400 with the Formula master) I can tell the advantage you gain is about .4 sec, mainly at the exit of Eau Rouge (going inside, about .1 sec), the exit of Bruxelles, after the hairpin (going wide in the astroturf about .2 sec) and the exit of Campus (about .1 sec as you lose some traction for the straight). BUT with that .4 sec there comes the risk of spinning, as if you make the slightest of mistakes you will hit either the gravel or a very sliding section of the track (grass or the outside Tarmac).
Also if you make a clean driving it will be better for the tyres in the long run and a good clean driver can reduce the gap to .2 sec or make it even, specially on worn out tyres.
It's all about being consistent and braking as late as possible.
Hope this helped:thumbsup:

Would still be good to know regardless, but thanks for taking the time to reply.

Would still be good to know regardless, but thanks for taking the time to reply.
Generally, cutting is not allowed and everyone should keep two wheels inside the white line at all times. Obviously, it's possible to run wide ocassionally, but try not to make the run-off areas part of your raceline :geek:

It looks like I'll have to sign out. :( That's a shame because I was really looking forward to that event... Y'all have fun, listen to @Si our race director carefully, and hopefully we'll have a large grid for the next "special event" too.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 39 10.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 45 12.0%
  • Thursday

Votes: 43 11.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 129 34.5%
  • Saturday

Votes: 221 59.1%