AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I was as happy with third as with first, winning is totally meaningless to me, I certainly would not want to be first with suicidal Sid getting me there. :roflmao: :roflmao:

I've no idea what was going on - I just wish I didn't have these computer issues mid race and then this mad bomber in the middle of it all ... but I was chuffed by your qualifying - I thought that was exactly what the Nissy was capable of and you got it.

To quote from a famous movie " I don't understand, who is this Khan??" [Star Trek II] ... :roflmao:

Last edited:
I had a decent pace going into qually and was close to catching dean too but he who shall not be named exited the pits and ruined my last flying lap.

I got off to a good start in the race but couldn't avoid a couple of spinning cars. Managed to catch colin but ran out of talent, but it was fun pushing for a while. After that couldnt keep rear left cool i was pushing so hard! Kept spinning as a result and stuck different pressure soft tyres on and had an "ok" send half.

BTW almost everyone who I let past on a blue was 4 tyres off the track through the chicane! That's why a few of you nearly rear ended me cos you have to break much earlier to make the corner legally!
God was it me ???? Mortified, so sorry David - I was desperate to get out and I though it was clear in my mirrors :( I shall find a solution for next time ...

Last edited:
this is a fantastic idea and i wish i could participate. Unfortunately i work on Wednesdays and wont be able to join.
Glad you like it and sorry you can't make it!
It could be that we will do this on Thursday and use Wednesday for other combo's. First we want to see if there will be enough participants.

Well what an incident packed race this was.

Pace was good. The 650s is a great car and Donningten a superb track. Could snatch P1 after the start and I guess, did my first leading laps in a GT3 race here. At some point I was about 1 second ahead when I heard a Windows notification sound (this ding-dong when you plug in new peripherals). I think that's the sim-racing equivalent of hearing weird noises coming out of your engine area in real life. Few seconds after my screen frooze and when it came back to life, I found myself in the dessert :( bummer.

Came back at P9 or so and tried to get near the podium as the pace was ok. Around mid-race, at the last corner, I made first contact with the weird guy when he was driving into the wrong direction . Nobody mentioned him before so @neesve and I were maybe his first victims :) . I thought he just spun and tried to get back to the track but as it turned out, nope.

The weird race continued and I found myself behind @Interslice. Going into the Melbourne Hairpin he left the door about this <-> far open, a tiny little bit and I went for the gap, scratching a lot of painting from his car :/ sorry mate. After watching the replay I must admit I was very (a bit to) aggressive.

Then there was @Kek700 leading the race and about 8 seconds in front. No way of catching him regularly but again, the weirdo got him. I closed the gap but didn't overtake Ernie. Slowed down and let him get back to pace to at least have a nice battle for "the win".

Last edited:
BTW almost everyone who I let past on a blue was 4 tyres off the track through the chicane! That's why a few of you nearly rear ended me cos you have to break much earlier to make the corner legally!
After watching the replay, I have to agree. I was wondering during the race why I was slower in the chicane and now I know :) :

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, just had a chat about this else where, I followed both you and Patrick, both cars turned very well as far as I could see legitimately, the Nissan was just one massive understeer to even have a hope of staying in contact there. :unsure: :(

Last edited:
What's the thing with me and Donington? It's the second race I've run out of fuel before finishing the race ... I've added 1 lap more than the other time, I was having even 43 laps worth of fuel and I still don't make the final lap? I've had to wait the leader and pass after him ...

And the race was eventful. Somehow it seems @640er and me were the only ones not effected my the ballistic 911 ...
Still, after a very good P3 in quali, I was preparing myself for a good battle for podium and after 5 corners I find myself almost last ... Had to avoid an Audi twice and I've ended up on the grass, then had to avoid Han who was testing his Reverse gear and then an incident before the back straight.

I've had some nice battles through the field, made the mistake to leave repairs on at pits, when nothing was yellow on the damage panel, tried my best to get Walsh and Cornelius, then I've got missed by half a meter by the ballistic and in the final stages I've run out of while in 5th ...

Last edited:
I absolutely agree, just had a chat about this else where, I followed both you and Patrick, both cars turned very well as far as I could see legitimately, the Nissan was just one massive understeer to even have a hope of staying in contact there. :unsure: :(
Well, apparently he did cut both corners of it when he made the run to pass me in the hairpin. I was a bit slower on chicane exit as I missed the first apex a bit and couldn't run the best line while staying within the track bounds and he was able to close up. I don't know how much those 1 foot cuts helped though

What's the thing with me and Donington? It's the second race I've run out of fuel before finishing the race ... I've added 1 lap more than the other time, I was having even 43 laps worth of fuel and I still don't make the final lap? I've had to wait the leader and pass after him ...

And the race was eventful. Somehow it seems @640er and me were the only ones not effected my the ballistic 911 ...
Still, after a very good P3 in quali, I was preparing myself for a good battle for podium and after 5 corners I find myself almost last ... Had to avoid an Audi twice and I've ended up on the grass, then had to avoid Han who was testing his Reverse gear and then an incident before the back straight.

I've had some nice battles through the field, made the mistake to leave repairs on at pits, when nothing was yellow on the damage panel, tried my best to get Walsh and Cornelius, then I've got missed by half a meter by the ballistic and in the final stages I've run out of while in 5th ...
That must have been my Audi. I probably should've left a bit more space (considering this is online and threre's some lag), though you were still behind me in that corner and didn't have significant overlap. Anyway, sorry about that.

After watching the replay, I have to agree. I was wondering during the race why I was slower in the chicane and now I know :) :
White lines aside, isn't this the more proper line through that chicane? Maybe not all four wheels, but two off? You want to go as straight as possible, no? I find that corner very sketchy if you stay 4 wheels inside the white lines. I thought it was just the nature of it to take it 2 wheels off, 2 wheels on.

White lines aside, isn't this the more proper line through that chicane? Maybe not all four wheels, but two off? You want to go as straight as possible, no? I find that corner very sketchy if you stay 4 wheels inside the white lines. I thought it was just the nature of it to take it 2 wheels off, 2 wheels on.
Of course you have to put two wheels off and put the other two just barely over the edge of the white line. That's true for almost any fast speed corner that has curbs that you can ride on. You have to cut it as much as you're alllowed to. If you're not using these curbs, you're leaving time on the track, it's as simple as that. If you try to go through this chicane with all four wheels inside the white lines I can't even imagine how much time you're going to lose there. Easily half a second, probably more when you add up losses incurred on the next straight from the slow exit

Last edited:
What a crazy race.

Sorry for the tap at the last corner stefan. Thought you were aiming for the second apex.

Crazy race. Thought it was going to be fairly dull! I feel sorry for the groundsmen arriving into to work in the morning!

Ha no worries was just a light touch. And I guess it cost you more time then me.

I kindly apologize to the whole community, it was not me at the PC, many people do not understand the importance of a community, I again apologize to ALL the drivers present in the race.

Sorry bro, your PC, your responsibility! A simple sorry is just not enough for a destroyed Sunday afternoon for many drivers here.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 34 8.5%
  • Monthly

Votes: 19 4.7%
  • Yearly

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.5%