AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
guys unfortunately I can not try it, I can not help but apologize to everyone again one by one, rightly the pc is mine and the name is super right, the only thing I can say to "try" to defend myself is it was my first race with the f317s that I have been corrected in everything but it is worth little I understand it, sorry again to everyone I hope you understand why I care and like you I signed up to this site / community to participate in clean races and above all for avoid such situations, I apologize to everyone, it will never happen again.

It would be nice to have a clearer idea about the whole episode, perhaps an explanation that makes some sort of sense, that all can understand.
Someone has to have access not only your PC but maybe the password too.
I know the PC stores such things, so that part I understand, ????
4379250C-15DF-4233-9DC4-2A3DEA888B29.jpeg

the pc has the password yes, I was wrong to make the wrong person compete who did not know what it meant to be in a simple online race. having said that I apologized, for fairness to you (if you think it appropriate) I will no longer compete for a week in the racedepartment races.

it will never happen again.
I will no longer compete for a week in the racedepartment races.
You are right it will not happen again. You have a race ban that for now will more have a permantent character than a 30 days temporary one. Your membership to our SGP community has been revoked as well as we don't accept this shocking online behavior.

Please take into account that this is exactly the kind of bahaviour the new SGP platform will punish eventually. Consider this your first and last warning. If you ever get caught using such horrible practices online on SGP your account will be perma banned. As you use a steam id this means you can not race with any other communities that will use SGP in the near future.

Also it's irrelevant if it were you or somebody else on the PC, it's your responsibility to keep your PC access safe and secure and prevent that your Steam library and games are accessed by other individuals with malicious intentions.

That must have been my Audi. I probably should've left a bit more space (considering this is online and threre's some lag), though you were still behind me in that corner and didn't have significant overlap. Anyway, sorry about that.
That's the first one, yes, I know I didn't have overlap and as I said, I had to avoid, not I was pushed off. This is fine, I've thought I would have enough speed to pass after you've almost lost it in the first turn.
Now that I see the reply, I see that the second time when I went out (after the fast right hander at the bottom of the S-es) it's kinda my own fault, but my brain thought it was still you because I braked in a weird way to avoid you ... Sorry about that.

Now, regarding cutting the chicane, I was looking at the reply and I was stunned by the amount of times I've cut the entry ... and most of the time the exit also.
And now I wonder, how am I supposed to know that, if I don't get the cut and the digits doesn't turn red? Not everyone has the time to analyse the reply to see where you loose time or not and see how much you've cut. From cockpit view didn't seem so much ...
Still, maybe in the future we should be warned about the critical points of that particular track, @Chris Down?

I know I've driven years here, and I should have know the chicane at Donington is a problem. Maybe it's good I was last after half a lap :notworthy:

I had a good start for the first time in a month and managed to stay in in lane and get around the outside of T1 to hold my starting place.. That gave me a bit of breathing room to lift of and steer though the incidents at the bottom of the hill. A very strange last corner on lap 1... @demetri in front went very wide and i squeezed it up the inside... I think he was mediums and full tank?... so a car pulls beside me as i pass the pit entry and i thought wow that audi is very quick to recover, nice driving demetri... only for it to be @neesve behind me getting the 2 passes done in 2 corners! I think demetri lost alot of places there so great job getting back to first by the end.

Followed @neesve for a bit, we were both making some small mistake and stefan caught us while the front 5 opened up a 10second gap. Stefan and i pitted together... Last second i switched to plan b and changed tyres. Attacked stefan as hard as i could on the outlap but got it all sideways and he got away on the fresh softs. Got caught then in alot of traffic. @640er was breathing down my neck for a long time until he squeezed by. Luckily managed to avoid getting targetted by that 911 and lifted off to squeeze through any carnage he caused. Hazard light on!! 4th was my best ever result on a sunday but i could have ended up anywhere in the top 8 minus the 911 effect. I think at least pat and demetri got taken out by that 911 bringing me from p6 to p4 with 5 minutes to go. It was a comfort able drive home with the fresh mediums.

As i said after on TS, to anyone new here, I've never seen or heard of anything like this before on RD so hope it doesn't put you guys off. Hope you all have a good week and see you all on the next one :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Now, regarding cutting the chicane, I was looking at the reply and I was stunned by the amount of times I've cut the entry ... and most of the time the exit also.
And now I wonder, how am I supposed to know that, if I don't get the cut and the digits doesn't turn red? Not everyone has the time to analyse the reply to see where you loose time or not and see how much you've cut. From cockpit view didn't seem so much ...
Still, maybe in the future we should be warned about the critical points of that particular track, @Chris Down?

I know I've driven years here, and I should have know the chicane at Donington is a problem. Maybe it's good I was last after half a lap :notworthy:
This chicane must be one of the hardest, especially with single screen. It's very hard to get the right turn-in point and when you don't have it, it's very tricky to go to the chicane with obeying the track limits. If you brake to do that, there's a fair chance of spinning because you are already in the turn. I have to admit that I also crossed the track limits a couple of times when I missed the turn in point. The only way to prevent this, is slow down on the straight to make sure you don't miss the turn in point. But you loose a lot of time which is hard to accept because you know it can be done.

Last edited:
Personally what I do in practice (on a weds or sat morning or something), is take as much as I think I can without cutting and then review a few laps in replay to check i'm ok. I guess a lot of people were unaware but you can imagine its very frustrating being a few tenths away from a better position in qualifying because you're making the corner legally and other people aren't. It's usually not as much of a problem on other tracks. Both RSR and Assetto have no problem with cutting that chicane, which doesn't help.

This chicane must be one of the hardest, especially with single screen. It's very hard to get the right turn-in point and when you don't have it, it's very tricky to go to the chicane with obeying the track limits. If you brake to to that, there's a fair chance of spinning because you are already in the turn. I have to admit that I also crossed the track limits a couple of times when I missed the turn in point. To only way to prevent this, is slow down on the straight to make sure you don't miss the turn in point. But you loose a lot of time which is hard to accept because you know it can be done.
Han is it fair to say that you can generally straddle the curbs: alla two wheels on track and two way over the curbs (at any track)?

I saw in last years video posted here and assumed you could cut the chicane then I saw nobody was doing it in the race and then some were. So as a result I was undecided.

Personally what I do in practice (on a weds or sat morning or something), is take as much as I think I can without cutting and then review a few laps in replay to check i'm ok. I guess a lot of people were unaware but you can imagine its very frustrating being a few tenths away from a better position in qualifying because you're making the corner legally and other people aren't. It's usually not as much of a problem on other tracks. Both RSR and Assetto have no problem with cutting that chicane, which doesn't help.
Yes exactly - just to generalise a little, you see it's not only the chicane, think about the pit exit which is a bit nasty at Donners : people had two wheels over at 250 kmh and that is when you don't know what to do, where to stop or go. That is the confusion that got me in your way in qualifying (if it was me). If you went two wheels over the pit exit the racing line was completely different into corner 1 - and during the race that just mugged me...

PS My AC install does let me know in practice that I have cut the chicane in red above the driving screen - not in the race but in other sessions, yes. I mean I have to turn on flag rules for it to do it ...

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 7.0%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.4%