AC GT3 @ Donington Park, Sunday 28th February 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
PS I was thinking : might it not be worth it asking/helping Ilya to do something about rules and stuff in the CSP patch ?
Sadly not.. Nobody apart of our RD community cares about this. At least that's my experience...
The only other communities who care about this are closed leagues, who just penalize it internally with low structural overhead, due to only being the same people every race.
SGP... No idea.. guess nobody cares for it. One of the downsides...

If you want good track cut systems, just drive in ACC or rF2. Works well in both from my experience.
With AC... I just got used to it. Every few months there will be a bigger discussion about it, some warning, some arguments, then it goes back to being okay.

To be fair I don't care that much about it these days. If someone overtakes me due to cutting, I call him out on TS and if he doesn't respond, after the race too.
But I don't care that much about the position in the end. You don't get anything for finishing higher up, especially when everyone knows "that guy" is only up there due to cutting :p
I see that the lamentology about our beloved AC continues hey ?? :p :roflmao: you perfectionist you ...
Yeah.. oops... Back then I had enough time available to think about how to make things better. Nothing was really doable... It is what it is with this game :roflmao:
maybe the slowing down penalty might be worth considering for a trail.
Nope. Absolutely nope. We tried this multiple times and it always ended badly...
People always go a bit wide here and there when enjoying awesome battles. You won't gain any time by jumping over sausage kerbs while being side by side but with the default penalty, one will be punished to slow go off throttle for 10-20 seconds.
Fight over...

Which leads to the second issue with this: People won't "dodge" anymore. And people will collide a lot more to not get the awful penalty.
"Risking a crash or losing 10 positions" :(
This might be an area where CSP could be modded to help?
Sadly not.. since nobody cares... :(
BTW who was "epic twiglet", we're supposed to use real names in race.
That was just a "first race I don't know how to change it for AC" thing.
It's @EpicTwiglet who has his real name and age in his profile. Should be adjusted for next race :)

Re corner cutting/wheels over over the line; a place I've raced uses 'Real Penalty' on the server, very occasionally it's a little OTT, but it's the same for everyone - and as the title says, if you cut a corner more than X number of times, you serve a stop 'n go, or disqualified. Dunno if it can be used on RD/SGP servers, but races are closer... and lap times usually slower!

[have been racing there 'cos races start and finish earlier and are shorter, which suits my health atm, but hope to come here as well again sometime]

Last edited:
Re corner cutting/wheels over over the line; a place I've raced uses 'Real Penalty' on the server, very occasionally it's a little OTT, but it's the same for everyone - and as the title says, if you cut a corner more than X number of times, you serve a stop 'n go, or disqualified. Dunno if it can be used on RD/SGP servers, but races are closer... and lap times usually slower!

[have been racing there 'cos races start and finish earlier and are shorter, which suits my health atm, but hope to come here as well again sometime]
I'll have a look! Thanks man! :)

EDIT: DAMN that looks awesome!!! We should really push for using it... Although I fear having to download an app might be "too much for new guys" according to "what is RD"...
Also with the change to SGP, this probably couldn't be used anyway :(

But this is really awesome! Exactly what is needed!

The "bad" cut detection would still be there but at least we could go with "for the chicane, just use the AC limits, penalties will be applied by the game".

I know this is very off topic, and do call me mad - but did was I the only one to notice pterodactyls flying overhead at Donners while doing hotlaps ... ?
No Dinosaurs but there's an airport close by and some Aircrafts are flying around?
With some quick F7 free came I've found these things:
1614606656989.png

1614606676209.png

Last edited:
If I cut the chicane in an AI race then I had a 5 sec slow down penalty. I assumed I'd get the same in our race so stayed off the curb and compromised my lap times.

Are you saying there was no such penalty on the server?

If I cut the chicane in an AI race then I had a 5 sec slow down penalty. I assumed I'd get the same in our race so stayed off the curb and compromised my lap times.

Are you saying there was no such penalty on the server?

We don't use track cut penalty on AC because it's hilariously inconsistent and often penalises for things which are completely legal (eg. just look at my annoyance at the race last year at Brands Hatch when we tried to migrate to SGP).

For that reason, track limits are enforced by reports to admin. We do hand out warnings or worse to serial offenders.

Last edited:
I'll have a look! Thanks man! :)

No Dinosaurs but there's an airport close by and some Aircrafts are flying around?
With some quick F7 free came I've found these things:
View attachment 450038
View attachment 450039
Thanks for the "heads up" :roflmao: in the last picture, I must say you are qualifying at Mach 2 ....

Hey ! btw I have not noticed you or Sly Ernie in Wednesday's race !!! Come on guys you have to ....

Last edited:

Isn't there a slight flaw to the 'Real Penalty'...

Thanks everyone for coming out this week! Next week we will be racing at Kyalami. Please note, the race will be on SGP. Come join us for 60 minutes of Sunday GT3 action!

You mean that the cutting is not detected?
Well the app can't do anything about AC detecting cuts. It only applies penalties IF AC detects a cut.

So you can tell the drivers "we will be using the game's penalties and cut detections. Fair for everyone".

As I explained earlier, AC uses a "touching surface" cut detection and 99% of all tracks set kerbs-surfaces to "isTrack=1".
In your video, the car always has 2 wheels on the kerbs, which is "legal", when you set AC to "allowed tyres out =2".

But at least it's fair for everyone and you can't go completely through the chicane!

Thanks for the racing guys! Managed to give a little short battle with guys faster than me, but I would rightfully let them by when safe to do so.

Yes! I survived the Lambo on a single set of softs the whole race. Pit for 2 litres of fuel only. My lap times in these club races are always too far off the leaders, so I usually prefer a single set of medium tires for the races, try to stay out of trouble, try to not to get lapped, and finish the race most of all.

For this race, I felt more confident with softs though, but I don't have the pace to pit for tires or I'll drop down the feild lol. So I decided to manage the softs, no self made silly spins, no lock ups (but ABS helps) and race at my own pace. Even though I got taking out twice in the race both times sending me off track and over heating the tires, I still managed the softs. My highest tire wear was left front at 90%.

I have troubled hitting some corners consistently every time because the track is so tricky for me!

Finished in P9, But should have been P10 if Rasmas didn't run out of fuel. Feel for you bro, because that just sucks after a long race.

I was as low as 6th early in the race, but with my pace that ain't sustainable lol

Had to scrap my video I made because I don't want that guy in it at all (letting someone else race with your account??? Have we not learned from last year's "pandemic" Formula E sim racing event??? Lol that guy lost his job/seat in a FE car, and glad to see this guy get banned from RD for a while)! Well, also had my mic enabled in AMD Radeon recoding software when its usually disable so.... Lol

Still a win is a win and a podium is a podium and a race finish is a race finish so congrats to all those that fall into those categories! Thank you @Chris Down and @HF2000 and not this week, But next week (work) I can join that Wednesday mx5 race with you guys!

Just watched RasmusP video, I did not realise Suicidal Sid was so prolific.
I really felt for you Han, @HF2000 , got it bad.
He had three goes at me, one fail, two successful, only one effected me, then not really too much to worry about.
I have read what has been said about the chicane, from my point of view, the Nissan at the speed to be competitive, was just a lot of massive understeer. Most of the time where you comited to where you were going, no steering involved at all.
I chased a Audi and 650S to see it was much easier for some, I lapped here in the Lamborghini in practice, that was so much better than the Nissan for steering into the chicane, but like what has been said before the Lamborghini was not a match made in heaven when it comes to trying to steer, braking and being faced with a series of ridges.

@SOLO59 sorry about the confusion. I decided to back out of the overtake, you decided you did not want to risk it, we both almost came to a halt at that chicane. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Lol, you didn't put up a language warning for that Patrick :laugh: :roflmao:

Yes, I guess there are problems tbh, though if you carry on after being disqualified everyone knows you're a very naughty boy:p

Seriously, on balance (despite faults!) it seems to make drivers more aware - and the way RD is setup up (or SGP), with a record of transgressions some other penalty could be applied - as it is for not applying the golden rule. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 172 66.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 113 43.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 119 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 44 17.1%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 27.1%
Back