AC GT3 @ Imola - Sunday 12th April 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Well I'm using @Medilloni as a reference. Everyone faster is an alien for me. And John himself.... :unsure:

I'm probably going to use the 650s & I'm 3 seconds slower in that car (evidence can be provided) than his time that he set on the practice server yesterday... so that's me in the second server :thumbsup:

I do think it's a matter of asking people for their preference. It would make for a faster race in both servers - less blue flags.

Edit: maybe look @ previous GT3 races Imola as a guide?

Last edited:
I'm probably going to use the 650s & I'm 3 seconds slower in that car (evidence can be provided) than his time that he set on the practice server yesterday... so that's me in the second server :thumbsup:

I do think it's a matter of asking people for their preference. It would make for a faster race in both servers - less blue flags.

Edit: maybe look @ previous GT3 races Imola as a guide?
Meh, it'll be different come the race Patrick, for the last 6 months you've been stonking in GT3 cars, so I'm sure you'll be well up the road!:thumbsup: and as Ernie rightly says, times are one thing, racing is another... When I was on the server there was someone 3secs quicker btw:confused: EDIT: Sure you're not talking about Nik Babin's time yesterday? His times are proper alien stuff!

Anyway, if I can't stop this appearing in the middle of the screen every few minutes I'll be spectating:

ts password reset paint.jpg

...can't find anything on the TS forum (that's any use), my password isn't working and I'm pulling my f***ing hair out:mad:

Last edited:
@Medilloni and @Chris Down Had a thought..........
Is there a way to put the fastest drivers in server one and slowest in server 2?

just a thought

I'd rather not get into this. There are three options and I think they're all non-ideal:
  1. Drivers decide if they are "faster" or "slower" and put themselves appropriately, but this reinforces the wrong idea and dooms certain people never to race together, which I think is against the spirit of a social club. Also, new drivers may be offended if admin puts them in slower tier by default. We also create a whole new category of disputes where people complain someone else is too fast or too slow.
  2. We do prequalifying. Same issues as option #1, but even more work for everyone, drivers and admins alike.
  3. Race organiser just judges who is faster or slower. I think with this it's easy to fall into the pattern of not seeing improvement with people -- there are people here who have improved a lot, and they may always just be relegated to be seen as "slower" because they don't race in top category.
I worry if we create two tiers of servers, people who spend their time here with the goal of learning and improving will not find this gratifying any more. I am sure that's not everyone, but I generally think splitting it based on anything other than something trivially determined is more trouble than it's worth.

Last edited:
Patrick is so quick in the Glickenhaus SCG GT3 his exit speed on the last corner is "stuff" of legends, its almost as quick at the end straight as my Lambo running with no wing.

untitled.png

Thanks for the compliment Ernie. I think I've reached my limit with the SCG - pretty slow in comparison to the aliens :confused: though.
Do you know how this rsr timing works? I had the app enabled and it recorded my fastest lap but I don't see it on their site. Does it have to be done in offline hotlap mode? And every time I'm on a RD server, I see times from RD people but not the actual leaderboard. So I think it's because the server settings are different than what Rsr expects?

Do you know how this rsr timing works? I had the app enabled and it recorded my fastest lap but I don't see it on their site. Does it have to be done in offline hotlap mode? And every time I'm on a RD server, I see times from RD people but not the actual leaderboard. So I think it's because the server settings are different than what Rsr expects?

I'm not sure if you need to have the sites web page open in your browser. I only look @ the lap times. I'd ask @Chris Down.

Meh, it'll be different come the race Patrick, for the last 6 months you've been stonking in GT3 cars, so I'm sure you'll be well up the road!:thumbsup: and as Ernie rightly says, times are one thing, racing is another... When I was on the server there was someone 3secs quicker btw:confused: EDIT: Sure you're not talking about Nik Babin's time yesterday? His times are proper alien stuff!

Anyway, if I can't stop this appearing in the middle of the screen every few minutes I'll be spectating:

View attachment 362008
...can't find anything on the TS forum (that's any use), my password isn't working and I'm pulling my f***ing hair out:mad:

Have you reinstalled Teamspeak?

It's not a solution, more an expensive workaround. Down you own an android device? The teamspeak app costs 0.99p. :confused:

Edit: have you checked your firewall?

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 60 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 33 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 40 6.2%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 14 2.2%