AC GT3 @ Monza - Sunday 29th March 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Chris Down a suggestion / request for today's race. As the grid is packed I would ask you to increase the wait time when the race session starts and all cars are teleported to their starting position to 2mins (as they are in the Monday races with Denis). If I remember correctly, it was 1min in the last races? It's because when a new session starts, my (and maybe others as well?) ping is shooting up to 1000+ but settles within the next 30 seconds. Obviously it also would give new racers a bit more time to get comfy. (I am still nervous at the start and happy to have more time :whistling:)

Good point, sometimes wondered why the obligatory wait :thumbsup:

First Corner at this circuit is going to be interesting.:O_o:
I can imagine that first corner in my mind.....
Someone knocks out @Chris Down right when he starts braking to first corner (me) he shouts f... t... s... breaks he's wheel... throws computer out of window.... ran out to collect those little pieces.... violate quarantine.... police gets him in custody....gets free next Wednesday.... buys all new sim equipment.... sets up new gt3 race for sunday.... knocks me out in first corner............................ :whistling:

I can imagine that first corner in my mind.....
Someone knocks out @Chris Down right when he starts braking to first corner (me) he shouts f... t... s... breaks he's wheel... throws computer out of window.... ran out to collect those little pieces.... violate quarantine.... police gets him in custody....gets free next Wednesday.... buys all new sim equipment.... sets up new gt3 race for sunday.... knocks me out in first corner............................ :whistling:

That would just be justice for last time we raced at Monza into T1! :p

Last edited:
@Chris Down a suggestion / request for today's race. As the grid is packed I would ask you to increase the wait time when the race session starts and all cars are teleported to their starting position to 2mins (as they are in the Monday races with Denis). If I remember correctly, it was 1min in the last races? It's because when a new session starts, my (and maybe others as well?) ping is shooting up to 1000+ but settles within the next 30 seconds. Obviously it also would give new racers a bit more time to get comfy. (I am still nervous at the start and happy to have more time :whistling:)

Sure thing, I've made a note to do that.

And maybe some extra explanation to the new guys what to do when you get a blue flag?

Yeah, don't worry, already in my mind ;)

Blue flag in "single" class is easy peasy, just do not impede, the problems arises when you have spent many laps defending
or trying to get passed, then add to that the lapping car may have someone breathing down his neck waiting for an opportunity,
trying get passed, or desperately trying to make time before a pit stop.
Personally, I always go for the cease racing approach, but I am invariably alone in that one:(, luckily the multitude of variables come into play so it is not always a problem.:)

Hi @Chris Down :)
Is it possible to add some Ferraris to practice grid?
There are 10 people who wants to drive Ferrari but only 2 cars on the practice server...

Thanks in avdnace :)

The practice server is best-effort and isn't adjusted during the week as people sign up -- if you want to run it and the car choice is full, pick another car and then copy the settings to practice offline for now.

The race server will be online shortly with the final car selection, then you can use that. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 54 9.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 28 4.8%
  • Yearly

Votes: 35 6.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 13 2.2%