AC GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps - Sun 09 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Good morning guys , I cannot make it either. We have to review racing incidents from the league I'm participating and all guys can make it only tomorrow night.
Hopefully next time!

It's not looking good.

My PC crashed during AC loading so I did a hard reboot. Loaded AC and now it's loaded in default setup my profile is completely gone, my cars and tracks are still there (downloaded ones too) but all setups, lap times, wheel and game and graphic settings are all gone :(

Anyone had this before, so gutted.

It's not looking good.

My PC crashed during AC loading so I did a hard reboot. Loaded AC and now it's loaded in default setup my profile is completely gone, my cars and tracks are still there (downloaded ones too) but all setups, lap times, wheel and game and graphic settings are all gone :(

Anyone had this before, so gutted.

All of these (except for deltas, which if you're doing it through Sidekick or other apps will be in the main steamapps folder) are stored in ~/Documents/Assetto Corsa -- if you're lucky there'll still be stuff there, it'll just be inaccessible for one reason or another. I'd check the ACLs to see if the directory permissions look reasonable, for example.

It sounds unlikely to me that AC would manage to delete this data even in a crash during loading, because AC doesn't need (for example) setups during that period. I could believe that it's managed to screw up permissions or something else, though, as the result of some non-atomic operation being interrupted part way on the user settings directories.

All of these (except for deltas, which if you're doing it through Sidekick or other apps will be in the main steamapps folder) are stored in ~/Documents/Assetto Corsa -- if you're lucky there'll still be stuff there, it'll just be inaccessible for one reason or another. I'd check the ACLs to see if the directory permissions look reasonable, for example.

It sounds unlikely to me that AC would manage to delete this data even in a crash during loading, because AC doesn't need (for example) setups during that period. I could believe that it's managed to screw up permissions or something else, though, as the result of some non-atomic operation being interrupted part way on the user settings directories.

Thanks Chris, I'll take a look. Not using any apps. When I restarted the machine I booted up AC and I did get the "accept T&C" like it was a fresh install. I went into documents/assetto corsa and the setup folder was no longer there.

Thanks Chris, I'll take a look. Not using any apps. When I restarted the machine I booted up AC and I did get the "accept T&C" like it was a fresh install. I went into documents/assetto corsa and the setup folder was no longer there.

Sorry, I can not be of any help in this matter, but hope that you are able to sort it out.

If the folder is missing..have you checked your "recycle bin"

Hmm, probably that means it was deleted during AC startup, rather than during load :(

I think it's unlikely that it will be in the Recycle Bin since most programs don't set `FOF_ALLOWUNDO`, which tells Windows (through its programming API) that it should be moved rather than unlinked, but it's worth checking there just in case, as Craig suggests.

It also might be that something moved out the AC folder from under it (which indeed could be the kind of thing that caused the first crash), in which case the Recycle Bin seems like an increasingly salient place to look.

It seems possible that something became corrupted that made AC startup think the settings folder overall is kaput, and its remediation for that is just to silently start fresh. That sucks if so.

These are all just guesses though. I hope you get your stuff back :)

And since the 12th is getting closer... and it's x-mas already in my box
IMG_20181208_155620.jpg

Just to prove I'm committed for at least ten years with the car!!

Didn't manage to restore any data. Thanks for your help though chaps. I'll try and remember all my settings.

Will still race in the 650, I'll bring up the rear

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 32 38.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 44 53.0%