AC GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps - Sun 09 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Didn't manage to restore any data. Thanks for your help though chaps. I'll try and remember all my settings.

Will still race in the 650, I'll bring up the rear
Hi Jay, if you've lost your set-ups hope this might help - as a starting point at least.

It's a bit too nervous for me so will dumb it down so I can (hopefully!) last an hour. "Some say..." It is capable of Alien times in the right hands.;)

John

Attachments

• spa race wing 2.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 159
Ahhh crap, erm, gonna risk saying AMG then if thats alright? I know my Z4 works perfect round there, but looking at my laptimes im a smidge quicker in the AMG and only done a few laps in it.

The server has now been configured so no more changes or sign-ups are allowed.

RESERVERS:
IF you are a reserve for this event please be in Teamspeak before 20:20 UTC. At 20.20 UTC IF there are any NO SHOWS you will be invited into the race server. Please remember it will be with the car that the NO SHOW had chosen if you do not like any of the vacant cars, I will offer the vacant position to the next driver on the reserve list and so on ...

Sorry guys for writing so late, i was hoping to feel better by now but i have a terrible headache so i let my place to one of the reserves. I was really looking forward for this race I love Spa. I hope to see you on the next race.

Hi Jay, if you've lost your set-ups hope this might help - as a starting point at least.

It's a bit too nervous for me so will dumb it down so I can (hopefully!) last an hour. "Some say..." It is capable of Alien times in the right hands.;)

John

Thanks John, appreciate it.

Well it was my first race with the club (or any club for that matter). Happy to say I wasn't involved in any of the pile ups, but I did hit the windows key + L instead of control + L (which I think toggles driver names?) Using a Mac keyboard was asking for trouble anyway. It locked my windows user account to the login screen which kicked me from the server and put my Windows Mixed Reality app to sleep. Doh! Sorry all, hope to run again with you soon. I'll map a switch on the button box to driver names heh. Thanks!

Well it was my first race with the club (or any club for that matter). Happy to say I wasn't involved in any of the pile ups, but I did hit the windows key + L instead of control + L (which I think toggles driver names?) Using a Mac keyboard was asking for trouble anyway. It locked my windows user account to the login screen which kicked me from the server and put my Windows Mixed Reality app to sleep. Doh! Sorry all, hope to run again with you soon. I'll map a switch on the button box to driver names heh. Thanks!

Hope to see you next week :thumbsup:

Lovely race tonight guys! Was kinda lonely most of the time...finished 6th but at least I went home with the fastest lap. Really sorry @Aksu , I didn't expect you to go defensive on the breaking point...and at that point it was too late. Couldn't do anything to avoid you.

I also waited like 5 secs after to let you pass ...didn't notice that you went to pits :)

Gongratz to the podium and thanks for organizing Craig!

It seems I really summoned a weird race for me and @Aksu by choosing anything other than the 650s. ;) I managed to get a drive through from a jump start, and Aki managed to pit 2 seconds before the pit window. We were both on a Professional Racing Strategy(tm) for sure.

Then my VR headset decided to freeze in the last few laps and send me flying into the barriers at the bus stop chicane. Nice!

It was a lot of fun racing through the field, thanks a lot for the great battles (and sorry for the bump, @robt100).

Last edited:
An eventful but fun race there. Never raced here with the AMG so was quite happy with the result. and thanks to @jayk for spending a few laps racing most of the track side by side :thumbsup::D (including at one point Eau rouge!:confused::confused:) Always much more fun than a quick overtake.

Thanks Craig for tonight's event, your patience is unbelievable!;) Congrats to the podium finishers, stunning quali times too:confused:

Love the circuit... but it doesn't love me, caught up in others mishaps 3 times - on a brighter note I didn't go off all by myself lol :D

Apologies too @pattikins , I had cramp setting in my leg and was braking at different places every corner, sorry if it was off-putting!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 112 88.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 20 15.9%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 47 37.3%