AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I installed my new 5600X cpu that arrived unexpectedly today and didn't expect any of my peripherals to be effected by the bios update. I started the game up around 7.30pm, only to find my wheel not being recognised in AC. After restarting the PC & then setting the wheel up again in AC I then discovered that my brake pedal wasn't working properly - I'd set the resistance setting @ 86% in the Fanatec CS software & the same again in AC. As I was running out of time to get some practice in before the start of the Qualifying round I had to settle with 78% & 56% respectively. It was like learning to use a new brake pedal. Not good.

I experienced my first red mist moment of 2021 in qualifying :confused:, and I never really settled for the race. I don't know who it was that I collided with @ Pouhon, but they were lagging really badly - unlike my framerate that stayed @ 90 fps (VR) for 99.2% of the time. So it was a short bitter sweet race for me:thumbsup::thumbsdown::roflmao:

I installed my new 5600X cpu that arrived unexpectedly today and didn't expect any of my peripherals to be effected by the bios update. I started the game up around 7.30pm, only to find my wheel not being recognised in AC. After restarting the PC & then setting the wheel up again in AC I then discovered that my brake pedal wasn't working properly - I'd set the resistance setting @ 86% in the Fanatec CS software & the same again in AC. As I was running out of time to get some practice in before the start of the Qualifying round I had to settle with 78% & 56% respectively. It was like learning to use a new brake pedal. Not good.

I experienced my first red mist moment of 2021 in qualifying :confused:, and I never really settled for the race. I don't know who it was that I collided with @ Pouhon, but they were lagging really badly - unlike my framerate that stayed @ 90 fps (VR) for 99.2% of the time. So it was a short bitter sweet race for me:thumbsup::thumbsdown::roflmao:

Unlucky mate, but I'm really glad to hear that you got the upgrade! Looking forward to racing with you more often I guess then :thumbsup:

Yeah it was a treat racing with you.
The cpu shouldn't be a bottleneck. It's an i7 9700k but i am running with vr, so it might be it combined with many cars. It was almost always at puchon or campus.
I'm on a 10600k @ 4.9 GHz allcore and fps limited at 90. My main_t in the fps app shows 97% at a race start against 30 AI cars.
Going down to 92% after the first lap.

Depending on your settings (I use all CPU optimizations from custom shaders patch and very few HUD apps), it might be your CPU.
Damn simracing titles hehe.

But it's probably your connection.. CPU lags aren't that bad from my experience with my 2600k...

Absolutely fantastic racing. Right up there as one of my favourite mainly because I managed to finally begin to keep my cool under pressure ignoring cars behind and trying to concentrate on lines. Really enjoyed some racing with @RasmusP and @thom462 who were both quicker but I had fun keeping you at bay as best I could.

Really gutted with a last push spin as it felt like I was closing @GeekyDeaks down and we've been close in recent races so was really hoping for a last lap battle. Well done Scott, I think I qualified quite a few placed ahead so you must have had a great race!

I hope all the new guys had fun. It was great to see such a full grid! Hopefully the lag doesn't put @tabletmctablet off. I think it was you lagging? Hopefully you can get that sorted and be back next race!

Thanks Chris and the organisers. I've totally got the sim racing bug! See you next week!

Thanks for the race guys. Once i got taken out on lap 2-3, i decided to just get the car repaired, get my head down settle into practice mode. Managed to make up a few places as people dropped out and quit! I decided to stay to get experience of the full 60mins and enjoyed it, cya at the next one.

I was on comms, just keeping quiet ;)

Thanks for the race guys. Once i got taken out on lap 2-3, i decided to just get the car repaired, get my head down settle into practice mode. Managed to make up a few places as people dropped out and quit! I decided to stay to get experience of the full 60mins and enjoyed it, cya at the next one.

I was on comms, just keeping quiet ;)

Nice to see that attitude. It all goes towards improving the immersion for you and others. You wouldn't just get out and go home in real life.

Hopefully i didnt get in the way too much, I was very closely matched to some of the lower half of the field so getting out the way wasn't easy as some people kept catching me the dropping back due to mistakes. Eventually I just got out the power early a few times and let them blend past. Its quite an art letting people past isn't it! Hopefully something i'll not have to do for long.

Absolutely fantastic racing. Right up there as one of my favourite mainly because I managed to finally begin to keep my cool under pressure ignoring cars behind and trying to concentrate on lines. Really enjoyed some racing with @RasmusP and @thom462 who were both quicker but I had fun keeping you at bay as best I could.

Really gutted with a last push spin as it felt like I was closing @GeekyDeaks down and we've been close in recent races so was really hoping for a last lap battle. Well done Scott, I think I qualified quite a few placed ahead so you must have had a great race!

I hope all the new guys had fun. It was great to see such a full grid! Hopefully the lag doesn't put @tabletmctablet off. I think it was you lagging? Hopefully you can get that sorted and be back next race!

Thanks Chris and the organisers. I've totally got the sim racing bug! See you next week!
Yes!! You definitely made my race as enjoyable as it was! Thanks for that!

My Lambo choice wasn't the best.. Thought after not driving it for 8 months and back then only at the Nordschleife, my setup would just work fine after adjusting the gearing.

Err... nope!! I mean I didn't spin but that about the only positive thing about the driving experience :roflmao: :roflmao:

It, won't Ill be sorting it however I can! Thanks! :)

I think its time for a clean windows install for a start. Some windows defender thing that installed mid december is making a 30 - 40 % cpu use spike every few minutes...

Thought i'd say in case its hitting anyone else here. I'm sure most of us are using 60% plus cpu in these races!

Last edited:
Congrats to the podium, @Bertje and @JohannesK! Well deserved, and I see there was a tight battle for P3 in the final corners, good stuff! :)

Here is the race stats: https://simresults.net/210103-8ip

Thanks Chris, It was one of the best races Ive had since I started simracing, looking both at the racing aswell as my personal performance, P2-P8 or something were very close pacewise, so I had battles with a lot of people, the longest and most exciting was with @Sheashant L though. From lap 6 on we were almost always pushing each other. Sorry for the one time I literally pushed you though. I think we both did well after that getting up to P3 and P4 again, so Congrats to that and thank you for the race.

I hope I can do a couple more races in the next two months, but Ive got Exams beginning in february, so I cant make any promises yet :(

Well it was definitely a hard race, softs just dropped off massively after 10 laps or so. Tried to be cautious at the start and over Radillon but only ended up being simultaneously outbraked by both Ernie on the right side and Stefan on the left side at Les Combes, kind of reminded me of the famous Hakkinen lapping overtake, but obviously I was the lapped guy :ninja:

Then had a little moment before my pit stop at the third corner of Les Combes, there's one thing worse than the Audi on kerbs, which is the Audi on worn tyres on kerbs... so I lost two places and dropped to P12. Got P8 out of pure luck only because Ernie, Stefan and Thomas spun and Jens was on the slower mediums, otherwise my pace was really poor. I guess I just can't drive fast enough in the second sector, should have worked more on the setup too.

Also, I spent quite some time on ACC driving around Spa over the holidays. I had completely different mechanics ingrained in my mind by the time I picked AC back up (and the ACC Vantage behaved very differently from the AC R8 in some key places). So that was a poor choice in hindsight :roflmao:

Second lap I was punted in the back on Kemmel Straight. Down to 18th place.

Yep, that was with me, sorry Stefan, I tried to talk to you via TS but I didn't hear an answer. I'm not sure what happened there because I'm pretty sure I actually braked earlier than you and I think I was still ahead to your side. (Could have been a lag spike on my end?) I wanted to check the replay, but infuriatingly mine cut off at the end of that lap.

Great first race of the year, everyone! Competitive through the field and had a great time fighting for p20-22 with @uvraver and @PorDallas (I believe). Great stuff, gents! :D

Sorry if I overstayed my welcome @Kek700 was lifting to let you by on the right and your tap to my right-rear sent me spinning. Looked up to see there were only six minutes left and I was a bit gutted. All's well that ends well and I think I made an okay recovery. :cool:

Again, great race, and I hope the grid is just as full next week. See you all on the flip-flop.

Last edited:
Congratulations @Chris Down for the win and to the podium finishers!

Since I registered for the race, I was doing practise laps solely on Mediums. Come Quali I put the softs on and managed to put it on pole. Race start was excellent but Chris managed to squeeze past and just pulled away (standard protocol). Couple laps in, I decided to pit in early as i thought i was losing time following the driver ahead. Went in the pits and came out behind a porsche and that was it really. Lost 3 places i believe when all the pits were done. Anyway it was fun chasing down @JohannesK speically towards the final stint. Almost! =)

Thanks for hosting Chris and it was great to see a massive turn out. See you next time.

Well it was definitely a hard race, softs just dropped off massively after 10 laps or so. Tried to be cautious at the start and over Radillon but only ended up being simultaneously outbraked by both Ernie on the right side and Stefan on the left side at Les Combes, kind of reminded me of the famous Hakkinen lapping overtake, but obviously I was the lapped guy :ninja:

Then had a little moment before my pit stop at the third corner of Les Combes, there's one thing worse than the Audi on kerbs, which is the Audi on worn tyres on kerbs...
I did double soft too in the Audi, first stint was fine for me stopping in lap 12, but the end of the second one was scary, sheashant caught up 3 seconds on me in the last lap :O_o:

Yep, that was with me, sorry Stefan, I tried to talk to you via TS but I didn't hear an answer. I'm not sure what happened there because I'm pretty sure I actually braked earlier than you and I think I was still ahead to your side. (Could have been a lag spike on my end?) I wanted to check the replay, but infuriatingly mine cut off at the end of that lap.
No worries, I wanted to check the replay, but somehow the first 4 laps are missing. How?

Congratulations @Chris Down for the win and to the podium finishers!

Since I registered for the race, I was doing practise laps solely on Mediums. Come Quali I put the softs on and managed to put it on pole. Race start was excellent but Chris managed to squeeze past and just pulled away (standard protocol). Couple laps in, I decided to pit in early as i thought i was losing time following the driver ahead. Went in the pits and came out behind a porsche and that was it really. Lost 3 places i believe when all the pits were done. Anyway it was fun chasing down @JohannesK speically towards the final stint. Almost! =)

Thanks for hosting Chris and it was great to see a massive turn out. See you next time.

Got a feeling that was me. Was in two minds to let you past sooner as although it's technically for position I was slower with you following no doubt and clearly we weren't racing each other. Sorry if it messed your race up.

No worries, I wanted to check the replay, but somehow the first 4 laps are missing. How?
You have a size limit in ac for replay files. If you set the record quality too high, it will start to delete from the beginning after reaching the limit.
My first few laps are missing too... Need to check the settings!

Latest News

How are you going to watch 24 hours of Le Mans

• On national tv

Votes: 251 34.4%
  • Eurosport app/website

Votes: 197 27.0%
  • WEC app/website

Votes: 138 18.9%
  • Watch party

Votes: 60 8.2%
  • At a friends house

Votes: 18 2.5%