AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi there, welcome! Just a note: we require all racers to use their real name in game. Please make sure you have that set up before the race or going on practice servers :thumbsup:

Please also make sure to read the rules in posts 1 and 2 :)
Thanks, yes, I think Ive got it setup correctly, I have set it in the account settings of AC, is that correct? Ive set my nickname as my real name in teamspeak, got all the dlc, and the track, read and will abide by the rules, thanks for the welcome, looking forward to it! :)

Unfortunately something has come up this afternoon and I won't be able to make the race :(

I'm bummed out since the first time I raced gt3 at spa was last month on rF2, where my usb cable crapped out.....was really hoping to race with a large grid and get some good battles in. Anyway there's always next time, so enjoy!!

Unfortunately something has come up this afternoon and I won't be able to make the race :(

I'm bummed out since the first time I raced gt3 at spa was last month on rF2, where my usb cable crapped out.....was really hoping to race with a large grid and get some good battles in. Anyway there's always next time, so enjoy!!

Thanks for letting me know, I've signed you out.

Hi all, please excuse the stupid noob question by how do I find the servers? Cheers Paul

Hey! You need to search for "racedepartment" in the server search and use the password linked in post 1. Make sure your filters are set correctly so that you can see empty/passworded servers.

Practice server is #12, which is up, and the race server will be #13, which will be up at about 1930 UK time.

Sorry lads had to drop out. ping went to 500 plus half way through lap 1… :( Got caught in a pileup on turn 1 after bogging the start. Great start to the year! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
My very brief race review:
Started 5th, my best start position and got punted in the chikane on first lap. I'm not sure who's at fault but that left me in 17th or 18th position. I started overtaking and got fairly quickly up to 13th i think and thats when the lagging started.
Went off at campus chikane and lost af few positions. A few laps later lagging again at puchon lost a couple positins.
A few laps later Hape went wide in puchon and joined right in front of me. I tried to go right and he kept pushing me towards right heading to campus and we collided. After that I picked up severe understeer and with that and the lagging, I decided to call quits.
Hape, sorry for my tone. It was in the heat of the battle and I was a bit pissed off, but nevertheless I shouldn't have that tone.

My very brief race review:
Started 5th, my best start position and got punted in the chikane on first lap. I'm not sure who's at fault but that left me in 17th or 18th position. I started overtaking and got fairly quickly up to 13th i think and thats when the lagging started.
Went off at campus chikane and lost af few positions. A few laps later lagging again at puchon lost a couple positins.
A few laps later Hape went wide in puchon and joined right in front of me. I tried to go right and he kept pushing me towards right heading to campus and we collided. After that I picked up severe understeer and with that and the lagging, I decided to call quits.
Hape, sorry for my tone. It was in the heat of the battle and I was a bit pissed off, but nevertheless I shouldn't have that tone.
I enjoyed our battles :)
Didn't see you lagging btw.. and I only saw the definitely lagging guys lagging but no one else.
So I'm not sure if it's your ping or maybe CPU overload due to osrw with so many cars?

What a race.
10th after quali. First lap took it easy and lost like one or two positions.
Second lap I was punted in the back on Kemmel Straight. Down to 19th place. Two corners later, I got punted again....
Was quite some work to gain back positions. Had a couple of nice laps with @FischBoB and @Luca Badin
Found myself back in position 8 until the last lap. I was on the way to a fastest lap for me but maybe should have taken it a bit slower.
Spun in Bruxelles and back to 10th... Feel a bit sad, cause having a look at the relatives, I could have raced in the top 6.
But yeah maybe next time. See you all next week.

Last edited:
Great racing everyone. Saw some great battles while I was coming through -- looked like you folks were having a good time :thumbsup:

From my perspective, qualification was ok, but not quite as good as the last time we were here. @Sheashant L did a blistering time which put me in P2, and with me on the mediums and the soft runners behind I knew I had to get by quickly, so I went for it into Les Combes and thankfully got away alive ;-)

It turns out my worry wasn't that well founded, because it looks like the softs weren't switching on so well for the folks behind, probably because of the tyres overheating in sector 2.

I went for one set of mediums with 50% fuel in the pit stop. It worked out pretty well, although it may have been better to avoid the traffic and go for 1l in the pits, not sure. Either way, the tyres at least still felt predictable enough at the end, which I'm not sure would have been the case if I had gone for a high fuel strategy.

Congrats to the podium, @Bertje and @JohannesK! Well deserved, and I see there was a tight battle for P3 in the final corners, good stuff! :)

Here is the race stats: https://simresults.net/210103-8ip

Last edited:
I enjoyed our battles :)
Didn't see you lagging btw.. and I only saw the definitely lagging guys lagging but no one else.
So I'm not sure if it's your ping or maybe CPU overload due to osrw with so many cars?
Yeah it was a treat racing with you.
The cpu shouldn't be a bottleneck. It's an i7 9700k but i am running with vr, so it might be it combined with many cars. It was almost always at puchon or campus.

Latest News

What brands would you like to see with more engagement in simracing?

• Ferrari

Votes: 279 36.8%
  • Porsche

Votes: 291 38.3%
  • BMW

Votes: 273 36.0%
  • McLaren

Votes: 177 23.3%
  • Toyota

Votes: 284 37.4%
  • Intel

Votes: 95 12.5%