GTR 2 VR Support! (Not asking, telling!)

Kenny, according to Bjarne, V1.0 had changeable weather in all sessions. In v1.1 that changed. It would be good to know the details of that change - what changed in the UI, what changed in the behavior? Thanks!
Kenny you need to do a Race and see if the weather changes while racing as practice sessions are fine in patched version.
Patched mode:
For some strange reason I can't get it to rain during a race in the race weekend mode, I've tried about 14 times and it'll rain in practice or qually but not during the race. But it does with the 24hr races. Track drives as you'd expect.

Last edited:
And I think the problem is only the automatic weather change in race ... as the programmed changes are perfectly working in patched version ( with Autosim Weather Generator )
It sounds like if we apply Jstn patch and generate random weather file automatically, things will be pretty good?

One thing I do not understand though, how does generated file impact different sessions. Most importantly: is it possible to make weather unpredictable in a Championship?

Patched mode:
For some strange reason I can't get it to rain during a race in the race weekend mode, I've tried about 14 times and it'll rain in practice or qually but not during the race. But it does with the 24hr races. Track drives as you'd expect.
Thanks for trying this. So between v1.0 and v1.1 there was no visual difference in the UI, only the difference in the behavior?

Thanks for trying this. So between v1.0 and v1.1 there was no visual difference in the UI, only the difference in the behavior?
Not in weather selection, tbh I didn't check everything else, just set it up as I normally would and it all looked normal.
The pics in my earlier post are the same as the patched version.
I will try again tomorrow morning and see if I can get it to rain during the race on weekend mode.

I had another bash at trying for rain during weekend race, still no luck.
I have added latest Anniversary patch, but still no joy.
That's me for the day as grandson is now beating the crap out of some random stranger on my pc.
I suggested he try a driving game but apparently it's not as much"fun" as violence.:rolleyes:

I did some yesterday with Steam gtr2 patched with the weather patch and Time scaled weather checked.
Several 24h races compressed to 24 minutes
A couple with one shower
One with 2 showers and one where I got 3 showers
Both started in Sunshine.
Off course a such a compressed time the rain only last 1 -2 minutes but in real time it would be 1 to 2 hours so find it to be very realistic.

Only negative was a session where all started fine sun to rain back to dry the second shower started went to 58% then down to 28% rain where it got locked to 28% rain, wetness on and off the track also at 28%. And fps dropped to less than half of normal fps.
I have locked frame rate to 180 and hardly ever see it drop under 160 fps and that only at start of a race in rain. But here it dropped to low 70'ish.

Have not seen that in any other test so maybe it was a fluke?
Also if rain starts at 100% it looks to me it is locked at 100% in both race and practice.
And likely other sessions too.

Unfortunately my patience is not at a level I can go through all sessions :(
The above are in 24H races but also done a lot of race weekend with acceleration but see not difference between that and skip strait to the race?

I did some yesterday with Steam gtr2 patched with the weather patch and Time scaled weather checked.
Several 24h races compressed to 24 minutes
A couple with one shower
One with 2 showers and one where I got 3 showers
Both started in Sunshine.
Off course a such a compressed time the rain only last 1 -2 minutes but in real time it would be 1 to 2 hours so find it to be very realistic.

Only negative was a session where all started fine sun to rain back to dry the second shower started went to 58% then down to 28% rain where it got locked to 28% rain, wetness on and off the track also at 28%. And fps dropped to less than half of normal fps.
I have locked frame rate to 180 and hardly ever see it drop under 160 fps and that only at start of a race in rain. But here it dropped to low 70'ish.

Have not seen that in any other test so maybe it was a fluke?
Also if rain starts at 100% it looks to me it is locked at 100% in both race and practice.
And likely other sessions too.
It sounds like JSTN method works pretty well :) Do you happen to know what effect it has on the Championship?

I am using the Oculus Rift CV1. It basically runs ok, but only if I don't move my head. When I move my head to the left or to the right the view tilts in a very unnatural way. Is this "supposed" to be like that or am I the only one having this problem? In the PLR-file I set World Movement, Head Rotation and Head Physics to 0.

I am using the Oculus Rift CV1. It basically runs ok, but only if I don't move my head. When I move my head to the left or to the right the view tilts in a very unnatural way. Is this "supposed" to be like that or am I the only one having this problem? In the PLR-file I set World Movement, Head Rotation and Head Physics to 0.
Did you try changing World Movement values as suggested in the setup thread?

tracking is not perfect, it is a hack after all, I am not sure if this will get improved because I cannot spot the problem, but mr_belowski reported similar issue.

I suspect it also could be a combination of some settings.

Last edited:
I changed World Movement but that didn't solve the tracking issue.

edit:
To be more precise: The problem occurs only when I rotate my head to the left or right. When I look straight ahead and move my head to left or right while keep looking straight ahead everything is fine.

Last edited:
What is your issue exactly, lag ?
you can try to edit UserData\defviews.cam
under COCKPIT view try to change orientationrate by
OrientationRate=(1080,1080,1080)
and test
you can also try to play with other lines in this file till something work

you can try to edit UserData\defviews.cam
under COCKPIT view try to change orientationrate by
OrientationRate=(1080,1080,1080)
and test
you can also try to play with other lines in this file till something work
while we are on the topic of settings.
I am fixing rain reflections, and I noticed that rain reflection does not work well in mirrors. This is the issue in the game itself, I can reproduce the issue by using mouse look, without VR changes.

It looks like rain reflections are hidden by some culling (similar thing happens if FOV is too low). Is there any setting that controls that for mirros? I tried all the ones I found in .plr, but problem is still there.

Last edited:
When I rotate my head the image gets distorted, it looks like the interior of the car is slightly moving instead of being fixed. This only happens when rotating my head, other movements don't cause this problem.

Changing OrientationRate made no difference.

This really sounds like an orientation rate issue. R u sure you're not using some custom .cam file ? Or maybe a mod with its own .cam file? You could also try the .plr file again. There are values like "head glance" and"head tilt" that should be zeroed.

This really sounds like an orientation rate issue. R u sure you're not using some custom .cam file ? Or maybe a mod with its own .cam file? You could also try the .plr file again. There are values like "head glance" and"head tilt" that should be zeroed.

I made a fresh install of GTR2, no custom .cam file, no mod.
There is no "head glance" and"head tilt" in my .PLR
I zeroed the following: Glance Rate, Look Up/Down Angle, Leanahead Angle, Look Roll Angle, Glance Angle, Lookahead Angle, Head Physics, Head Rotation, World Movement

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 4 36.4%
Back