GTR Evo was the first racing sim I ever got. The next one was GTR2. Then came GPL, rfactor, F1 Challenge, NR2003, RBR, and many more.
Whenever I go back to these Simbin sims, I am blown away by their quality - Simbin did amazing work back then!

Should have done the Multipla, winner of the ugly car contest :p

Do not worry, I got you fam!
EPNJUiy.jpg

I think if I was them I'd abandon GTR3 and go for GT Legends 2 but the car under that sheet looks modern to me.

Now *that* would be their ticket to ride on. We'd have a n UE4 based sim for modern GT3, and another UE4 based sim of historic cars, both to the same standards.... heaven for gamers. Sadly it's unlikely to happen, as the few initial screens always were modern - so we're looking at two UE4 based titles featuring GT3 cars, both with night/weather transitions. Seems a bad place to be for whoever releases later (most definitly Simbin), unless either Dev team screws up massively which is unlikely given their respective pedigrees.

Got to admit though their CEO got the right last name for his job.

I want all of that and brilliant AI and full replays with a director mode. And I would like animated podium celebrations. :thumbsup:
Well these kinds of threads never get boring so why the devil not eh?

Things I would really love to see in the new GTR game (in no particular order):
  • Full series licence - all the cars, all the tracks, all the rules.
  • Proper race weekend schedule (opportunity to set multiple practice sessions to my desired length, quali and race rules etc).
  • Day to night transition.
  • Dynamic weather.
  • Weight penalties (if applicable)
  • Reverse grids / 2 or 3 race formats (again if applicable)
  • Detailed damage model including ability to write off the car, mechanical damage and realistic pit times to repair)
  • Manual pit stops (including animated crews)
  • Manual race starts
  • Formation laps
  • AI drivers with "personality". Stuff like Alonso mega brave, Verstappen dangerous under brakes :)roflmao:) Maldonado in the wall etc.
  • VR support
  • Animated flag marshals
  • Dynamic track surface (like rF2)
  • Real weather
  • moddable content (especially liveries for online leagues and stuff)
  • Driving school module (not bothered personally but I know its a popular request)
  • Future full series DLC packs (including relevant tracks for that series)
  • Awesome dedi server support and broadcasting UI for our leagues and clubby races
That's about it off the top of my head :)

Feel free to add your own opinions on what you want the game to have when it releases in the comments :)

To be able to personalize the cars as in FORZA MOTOR SPORT 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 as soon as I paint, it would be great to have it and have a better painter, better, better, better photographer, and be able to score setups that the people put in their window and be able to download them and if the that upload it can choose to see its setap or padlock parameters that would be great, score them with a tops marker and say more .

I think you miss the point seeing it that way. GTR2 was kind of "ahead of its time" just like GP4 also did back then, they are seen the way people do now because probably everyone was expecting sims to evolve more when they played these games more than a decade ago.
I think you might be missing my point, actually. I absolutely understand why back then, GTR2 was so praised. But all the time, I still see people talking about how it is so much better in every aspect than (insert current sim), and stuff like that. That's the context you have to put my previous comment into.

It's pretty much like with Richard Burns Rally. I absolutely loved the game, spent countless hours playing it, still think it pretty much has no true successor to this day - and yet I often do get annoyed by the superlatives people are saying about the game currently, because no matter how great it was, it is still well over a decade old and it shows in many ways, despite the community trying to keep it relevant (and even managing to do so to a degree). The same is true with GTR2 IMO, except it might've aged a bit more poorly still, despite being released two years after RBR. The fact that back then it might've been ahead of its time doesn't really change that.

Last edited:
Ok so January 2017, GTR 3 was announced.

"Allan has gone so far as to suggest a first playable version of GTR 3 should be available as soon as six months time."

August 2017, there was no indication of GTR 3's existence, let alone a playable demo. The team's social media was completely dormant and still using early RaceRoom shots.

September 2017, SimBin UK announces "Women and Wheels" all-female eSports racing championship. It is never discussed again by any gaming media outlet, and the championship never takes place.

"GTR 3 will be the third instalment to the GTR franchise of games by Simbin Studios. The sim will be available to purchase for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC during 2018."

August 2018. There are still no pictures of GTR 3, no video of GTR 3, SBUK's twitter has posted three times in the past two years (not including automated re-tweets of RaceRoom contests), and the team has a job opening for vehicle physics programmer.

Are you SURE this game is going to come out?

im announcing an announcement of a game thats in development well.. development no early access ..well development code name thunder stealer... well we do have a product, its there..there under that flag! **** new codename sector 3 can we borrow some dough and some staff...seriously in 18 months we have gone from a screenshot to a screenshot, erm i call delusions od grandeur.

of course we are sceptical, Simbin has annouced in 2013 that raceroom has rain native support.
2018 : they announce GTR3, so if they release something you can expect for 2023 or never.
Well YOU are for sure. Keep me out of the "we". I prefer to hope a little rather than be negative and please don't say you are a realist. You know no more than I do unless you just got your notice from SIMBIN.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 36 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Yearly

Votes: 29 6.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 10 2.3%